Newb to all of this needs help!

Coltsfan18

Hey guys I'm new (duh). I have a some questions about how you guys create jerseys, recolor logos, and all of that so listen up.

1. How do you recolor logos & create new ones? What program do you use?

2. Why can't I view some logos? It brings up an image hosted by Tripod thing sometimes.

3. Last of all, how do you find fonts when you create logos?

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys I'm new (duh). I have a some questions about how you guys create jerseys, recolor logos, and all of that so listen up.

1. How do you recolor logos & create new ones? What program do you use?

2. Why can't I view some logos? It brings up an image hosted by Tripod thing sometimes.

3. Last of all, how do you find fonts when you create logos?

Thanks for the help!

#1 - I use Photoshop. Others may use various programs.

#2 - Tripod will host your images, but apparently they don't want anyone to see your images... To view a link, it's best to copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. You can also open a second browser window and drag the link into the address bar of the second window.

#3 - In general, fonts for sports teams jerseys and logos just are not widely available. They are custom made and not distributed.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

#1 - Adobe Photoshop 5.0 and MGI Photosuite. However Adobe Illustrator is the most widely used, and the best, if you can afford it (which i can't)

#2 - Alot of these hosting places suck. I use AOL, it sucks for everything else, but it'll let you remote-link...

#3 - search obscure free font sites, or make your own...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

1. Photoshop 7.0... Have Illustrator 10 but still havent had teh guts to go for the gusto on it cuz i suck...

2. I haven't had trouble with angelfire yet... but that being said im going to be launching my own server soon

3. 1001fonts and acidfonts are great obscure font sites

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

check with your ISP, they usually allow x amount of web space for you to build personal web pages on.  since it's probably something you may be paying for already.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Welcome Coltsfan18 - stick around, there are a lot of great ideas flying around.  What ever you want to do, get a good program you can use and practice using all the different features.  You'll get the hang of it.  

Glad to have you aboard. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

#1 - Adobe Illustrator (I have 10, but 7, 8 and 9 are fine as well)

#2 - Go with what these other guys say, I have my own site.

#3 - Fontparadise.com & 1001freefonts.com are good places to find original fonts, but not so many sport fonts.  Those aare harder to come by.

#4 - I think the best way to learn is trial by error.  If you mess around in the program you'll learn a lot.  I have a post here with a PDF file that describes how to take Raster images from Photoshop and convert them into Vector images in Illustrator.  Not the thing for pros, but a good way to start.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

#4 - I think the best way to learn is trial by error. If you mess around in the program you'll learn a lot. I have a post here with a PDF file that describes how to take Raster images from Photoshop and convert them into Vector images in Illustrator. Not the thing for pros, but a good way to start.

Hey hockeygator can you provide a link for that? thanks. :)

Doh!

• LMU locked this topic

Archived