The future of the penguins...

Neon_Matrix

Well, I know I never really post concepts, so here is one! Take this exam studying!!!

Winnipeg.gif

I did do the jersey design from scratch and used the Pittsburgh Pirates font for the Winnipeg crest. I know it isnt too refined, but I'm lazy and its late, but for what its worth, I dont think it looks half bad...

If only I could find the way to slide the text in Photoshop CS to make the horizontal allignment like that easier then placing them individually...

It may be because im a die-hard pittsburgh born pens fan but the pens arent going anywhere :cursing: , besides, those arent even their colors or logo anymore.

Oh I know, I just thought it would be the most fun to mess around with. I'm telling you now, if you wanna make some madd money in the future, if you buy the Pittsburgh version of that jersey, it will be worth alot sometime after they are settled in their new home.

Perhaps you could try other "city-uniforms", like the Kansas City Penguins, the Portland Penguins, the Las Vegas Penguins, the Houston Penguins...would be an interesting thread.

Maybe I will, granted you give me 2 weeks so I can finish all my exams up first. :P

There is no way they go to Winnipeg instead of KC. But why not Seattle? Portland? What is wrong with some Northwest Love?

I actually thought of Seattle, but then I remembered there would be an issue with Vancouver where the Government will try and block a team moving there because it would "cut into Vancouvers fan base", pretty much, the whole Hamilton issue all over again.

As much as I'd love to see the Pens come to KC, not sure if that will happen.

I do know that our 'sports groups' for the Sprint Arena have been in communication but nothing more.

Winnipeg is a better choice - I think the NHL would do well to put another team in Canada. I'd support the team if they were in KC - only time will tell.

Or will the All Mighty Dollar win :therock:

Perhaps you could try other "city-uniforms", like the Kansas City Penguins, the Portland Penguins, the Las Vegas Penguins, the Houston Penguins...would be an interesting thread.

The word in C-town is they are coming here.. Now that Gund sold the Cavs the arena is open and they are coming

I actually thought of Seattle, but then I remembered there would be an issue with Vancouver where the Government will try and block a team moving there because it would "cut into Vancouvers fan base", pretty much, the whole Hamilton issue all over again.

That's true, but as a Washington native I can't understand it. No one here cares that much about the canucks or the flames, with the Portland area especially apathetic. We end up rooting for other teams, which is partly why I'm a penguins fan.

Seattle doesn't have a good enough arena for hockey. Key Arena is decent, but the NHL probably wants to go somewhere new. Portland, on the other hand, has the Rose Garden, an excellent and fairly new arena, and has been itching for another major sports franchise to join the blazers. Portland would be a perfect fit IMO.

The word in C-town is they are coming here.. Now that Gund sold the Cavs the arena is open and they are coming

where did u hear? cleveland has the barons and they arnt doing well. idk if it would be lucritive, although it would make for a nice rivalry between columbus lol

Archived