CONCEPT: Miami Dolphins

bigdub81

I brought the dolphin out over the sun so it would stand out more and give it contrast so that the sun would look like it's off in the distance rather than just having it hover over it. And I also believe that teams should stay true to their heritage in some way shape of form but at the same time technology and generations get more advanced which gives way to uniform's like Arizona, Atlanta and etc...that utilize certain techniques to enhance their uniforms wether it be good or bad. That's why we poster's post, so that we can put our own "spin" on what we think would look best. It's our own way of expression and it's up to others here on these boards to judge. I learned how to draw before I could write my own name but I have only been doing concepts using computer graphics since November 1st.

Check out my other post about my "Concept Evolution" and you'll see. I love taking other's suggestions and making it a reality as well as my own.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the uniforms a lot, except for the socks....The striping, imo, should be closer to the top of the sock....The "sun" on the helmet logo looks like a saw blade to me (the first concept logo)....I don't see anything wrong with the current helmet logo....

I'm not all that crazy about the sun on the second concept helmet logo either....It just doesn't look quite right, although it's better than the first....The socks, however, look much better now...

The sun on the three helmets by themselves looks MUCH better....I like the white one with the aqua dolphin....

Other than that, this is a pretty nice concept....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

The top two helmets are by request and the one on the bottom is something that I wanted to try, just to see how the dolphin would look jumping across a full sun instead of it being hollow. C&C - Thanks :D

CONCEPT81-Helmet-Miami.jpg

The bottom one is a nice update.

I can't get used to the silver dolphin on the other two.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

LoVeD the first design... then ya blow me away with the second edition of it. I freakin' wish MIAMI would use your ideas cuz it's time to move on from what they got I think. The striping, and sun logo, and alt logo are all great. Only thing I'd change/experiment with is an orange/white facemask perhaps. BUT I LOVE WHATCHA DID, bro. Try a N.O. Saints one sometime... we need some help, haha.

Could someone PLEASE, when doing a Dolphin concept, use as a starting point, the helmet logo from their Super Bowl championship years...

Dolphisn72logo_131x150.jpg

...the dolphin head should always be inside the sun.

You wnat radicule...do the exact oppisite....get rid of the helmet wearing dolphin!!!!!!! please! :D

Of the NFL teams Miami strikes me as the team most likely to do something 'unusual' with their uniforms.

And these are an improvement on the basic look they have, I think they're more likely to do something extreme before they do something understated like this.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived