More on phoenix coyotes new logo/unis

schlim

how could their be any comparison, this new logo is a great logo, their old logo belonged in a french art museum

And what's wrong with a French art musuem? ??? Granted the old logo is not on the same level as the Mona Lisa but....  :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Not to go down that long road again... but there IS room for comparison.  Their new logo is NOT great.

And they have art museums everywhere...why French?  Cause to infer that maybe it belongs in the Louvre, sort of implies it's a classic.

I'll assume that meant that it appears to have elements of cubist inspiration.  But I think someone already elaborated that it was designed in some native style to the region.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

...it was designed in some native style to the region.

Which to me was really cool. Before they released the new logo they talked about how it would have more character than the old one....how off were they?

A simple reducition of the color pallette would have worked just fine, IMO. It's really too bad. The new one is uninspired, awkward, and less distinct. It's to bad too, because it looks like I could have a shot at working for Adrenalin if I play my cards right....

Eh, the cold war's over.  And, let's face it, the Soviet hockey program was a powerhouse.  I used to have a CCCP jersey, but it seems to have gone AWOL.

We've been over this, but I agree with Sterling and Avenger.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: sadly, the Coyotes went from a logo and uniforms which distinctly tied-in to the franchise's presence in the American Southwest, to a new identity package that could be slapped on a team playing ANYWHERE.

Pretty ironic, given that with the new arena now in place, any questions about the team remaining in the area long-term seem to have been answered. They should be embracing the old "Hopi Kachina" coyote... not discarding it.

Brian in Boston

The old logo was rumored to be designed by the Picasso design group in France.  LOL  I think if anything, the jersey is the thing that needs to be fixed.  I can almost guarantee there will be so many fantasy add-ons for NHL 2004.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Phoenix went from a gawdy, cluttererd ugly jersey and logo to a nice, classic, traditional, classy logo and uniform.

Good Job Coyotes...

I almost agree.  

Phoenix went from a gawdy, cluttered ugly jersey ( with a logo that tried to do and be too much) to a nice, classic, traditional, classy jersey with a retarded logo (that tries to be and do too little).

I think context helps.  I was NO fan of the old set.  I hated that thing more than words can say.  TOo many colors, and any jersey that has patterned trim has no place in my world.  That goes for the old Georgetown and FSU, the old Admirals, Diques, and the current Thrashers.  Patterned trim makes a jersey look like an 8-year old's Easter dress.  I HATE it.

With that said, I always liked what could have been and the effort put into PHXs stuff.  SO when I heard they were simplifying the colors and everything....my hopes were high.

I think the new jerseys kick ass.  ALthough we will never reach a resolve on this board regarding them because of the 2 vs 4 color thing.  But the logo just doesnt go.  blech.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• LMU locked this topic

Archived