Texas Black Football Jerseys

Bouj

Whats this all about? looks too nice to be a practice jersey..

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

The idea sprung not just from the fact that black is a cool color and looks good on offensive linemen, but also because Texas quarterbacks wear black every day in practice. Offense wears orange, defense wears white, quarterbacks wear black, the hands-off color. Young's practice jersey is a striking black with burnt orange numerals, "TEXAS'' on the front and "YOUNG'' on the back. I've got to admit, aside from being a little Halloween-ish, it's darn sharp).
366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Whats this all about?  looks too nice to be a practice jersey..

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

The idea sprung not just from the fact that black is a cool color and looks good on offensive linemen, but also because Texas quarterbacks wear black every day in practice. Offense wears orange, defense wears white, quarterbacks wear black, the hands-off color. Young's practice jersey is a striking black with burnt orange numerals, "TEXAS'' on the front and "YOUNG'' on the back. I've got to admit, aside from being a little Halloween-ish, it's darn sharp).

I saw that quote, but I have never seen a practice jersey with the patch of the NCAA or shoulder stripes, almost too much detail.. thus the inquiry.

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

I saw that quote, but I have never seen a practice jersey with the patch of the NCAA or shoulder stripes, almost too much detail.. thus the inquiry.

Exactly. This is the practice version:

young_vince_400_15.jpg

spikes.jpg

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

young_vince_400_15.jpg

And so is this:

07ld.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

young_vince_400_15.jpg

And so is this:

07ld.jpg

Ooohhh.. Hmmm.. I guess this must be both. Not only a practice jersey but the mythicap vetoed black game jersey. Thats my answer and I'm stickin with it.

Besides, as the visiting team (because of being ranked #2 in the BCS), Texas will be in white tomorrow night.

Yes, I know they wore white in the Rose Bowl last year, but the #1 BCS team is designated as the home team in the National Championship, and USC has elected to wear their normal home reds. Texas will be in white. This was verified as both teams wore their game jerseys for today's media day festivities at the Rose Bowl.

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

young_vince_400_15.jpg

And so is this:

07ld.jpg

I know Nike doesn't make practice jerseys that detailed with the patch and sleeve stripes. It must be a special for Young. Thanks for the big pic.

spikes.jpg

According to this practice photo from texassports.com, they make nice practice jerseys for the linemen too:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pho...id=123105&num=5

Sorry, the pic is in flash, so it wont show up here, but click teh link and you'll see it, complete with patch and stripes.

A couple of other pictures in that gallery show that all the players have their names on the backs of their practice jerseys.

And MichiganDave, I'm not disputing you, because I know the experience from which you speak, but clearly Texas is special or something.

According to this practice photo from texassports.com, they make nice practice jerseys for the linemen too:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pho...id=123105&num=5

Sorry, the pic is in flash, so it wont show up here, but click teh link and you'll see it, complete with patch and stripes.

A couple of other pictures in that gallery show that all the players have their names on the backs of their practice jerseys.

And MichiganDave, I'm not disputing you, because I know the experience from which you speak, but clearly Texas is special or something.

Nope. I know what they did. Same thing we did. They took old game jerseys and converted them, but didn't strip the names. Since Michigan doesn't have a conference patch, I didn't think about it. We don't even have "red" jerseys for our QBs. But our starters' practice jerseys (when I was there) were game jerseys that weren't worn in the past. For instance, check out this practice shot of Henne/Gutierrez, in game jerseys:

gallery1.jpg

spikes.jpg

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

young_vince_400_15.jpg

And so is this:

07ld.jpg

I know Nike doesn't make practice jerseys that detailed with the patch and sleeve stripes. It must be a special for Young. Thanks for the big pic.

If he's wearing it at practice...its a practice jersey.

10.jpg

On a side note...those jerseys (mainly the number font) are so much better than the crap the Huskies wear now.

Yep. I agree 100%

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

p1_vinceyoung1.jpg

young_vince_400_15.jpg

And so is this:

07ld.jpg

If he's wearing it at practice...its a practice jersey.

Not neccesarily true.

spikes.jpg

Archived