Best team Uniforms in any sport

bucskick20

NFL: Chicago Bears

NCAAF: Notre Dame

NBA: Chicago Bulls red roads

NCAAB: I loved the Jayhawks of the 90s

MLB: Chicago Cubs home/Yankees home

NHL: red wings white (road, home?) blackhawks black alt

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
osuVmich05.jpg

I totally agree with HatManTC...those Michigan uniforms sure look nice! :D

Michigans uniforms are very ugly. The helmets are a joke.

Personally, I love Ohio State's home and aways. They are flashy and new school for the kids, but have enough tradition and classicness for the old schoolers.

They are the perfect uniform. And unlike Michigan helmet that they stole from another school, the buckeye leaf stickers are an often immitated origional.

Ohio State's is the best.

ps. You are right, Michigan's unis look great behind Pittman as he goes in for another score capping yet another Ohio State ass kicking of the Blue.

Well let me be the first to say...THE OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN FAN BATTLE IS ON!

All right, I'll give you the fact that we stole Princeton's helmet design. But seriously, who has even heard of Princeton football. You say "winged helmet", and anyone will think of Michigan right away. I love Ohio State's simple and classy helmet design, BUT....there is one thing that annoys me. All the friggin shiny glitter. Looks like a kindergarten project gone wrong. Take away the gay (sorry, sorry) glitter, and it'll be 10x better. Maybe Ted Ginn and Troy Smith can put their salaries together to get new helmets. Clarett can come by with his car and pick them up.

PS- We are not talking about what teams you like or don't like, we're talking about what team uniforms you like or don't like. But the battle is on, so fire away :D .

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in total wins, #2 in win% (Notre Dame just got to #1 this year)

#1 in attendance

31 straight bowl appearances

most televised team

"Hail to the Victors" is the only fight song in the hall of fame

42 Conference titles (most of any team in any conference)

GO BLUE!!! :D

-Rob Roy

osuVmich05.jpg

Personally, I love Ohio State's home and aways. They are flashy and new school for the kids, but have enough tradition and classicness for the old schoolers.

They are the perfect uniform. And unlike Michigan helmet that they stole from another school, the buckeye leaf stickers are an often immitated origional.

ps. You are right, Michigan's unis look great behind Pittman as he goes in for another score capping yet another Ohio State ass kicking of the Blue.

All right, I'll give you the fact that we stole Princeton's helmet design. But seriously, who has even heard of Princeton football. You say "winged helmet", and anyone will think of Michigan right away. I love Ohio State's simple and classy helmet design, BUT....there is one thing that annoys me. All the friggin shiny glitter. Looks like a kindergarten project gone wrong. Take away the gay (sorry, sorry) glitter, and it'll be 10x better. Maybe Ted Ginn and Troy Smith can put their salaries together to get new helmets. Clarett can come by with his car and pick them up.

PS- We are not talking about what teams you like or don't like, we're talking about what team uniforms you like or don't like. But the battle is on, so fire away :D .

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

Meh. Just let it go dude. This isn't the place to argue that. As for the helmet design, we didn't steal Princeton's, we stole their coach. It was Crisler's design, when he came to UM he brought it with him. Now, back to the design-end of things, we got these printed and gave them to the Buckeyes in town this year.

tresselbucksdraft2_165.jpg

spikes.jpg

Basketball - Boston road green (F that alternate thing, it's sacrelige I tell ya!)

Hockey - NY Rangers Statue of Liberty blue jersey

shouldn't you hate the rangers' alt for the same reason you hate the celtics' alt? it's the same situation: classic team with classic unis adopt a modern alt. i respect you opinions and what not, i'm just carious as to your reasoning.

oh, and i would have added michican to my list, but i can't simply because the helmet is a rip-off. yeah, you guys talk about just stealing princeton's coach. bs, you took a helemt design used by an other school, and used it for yoursleves. granted, michigan made the look famous, and they look very good in it. all i want is for michigan to come out and admit "yeah, we stole princeton's helemt design."

no shame in admitting that.

another reason i couldn't add michigan is, that despite having great unis, the original is always better:

helmet_princeton.gif

40175.jpeg

a-abdullah.jpg

oh, and i would have added michican to my list, but i can't simply because the helmet is a rip-off. yeah, you guys talk about just stealing princeton's coach. bs, you took a helemt design used by an other school, and used it for yoursleves. granted, michigan made the look fanous, and they look very good in it. all i want is for michigan to come out and admit "yeah, we stole princeton's helemt desighn."

no shame in admitting that.

To be fair to Michigan, which as a Minnesota alum it pains me to say, that's a bit like knocking the Yankees because they wear a cap style originally popularized by a different team from Brooklyn. The wing design, or "horns," to call them what they actually look like, was originally a single piece of helmet padding painted a contrasting color. If only one team is allowed to paint its helmets in that style, then shouldn't only the first team to ever wear a ballcap with a contrasting button on top or a different-color visor get to do so? Would you knock the Braves because they're not the first team ever to wear a blue cap with a red brim?

(Then again, I agree with you about not naming Michigan the best football jersey on account of the helmet. In my case, though, my argument is with the artifice of it. That horn thing was brilliant back when it was an actual piece of padding sewn onto the primitive helmets of the day and painted a contrasting color. But now that helmets are smooth, it's just fake. Michigan should have found another way to continue its general look without painting on artificial and obsolete padding patterns. Keep the stripes, sure, since stripes are entirely customary. But instead of the wings, Michigan ought to have a bright yellow facemask, or yellow trim around the whole helmet, or something even more clever than what I can come up with that's more authentic. If a Michigan helmet waited out in a pumpkin patch on Halloween, the Great Pumpkin would pass it by for lack of sincerity. The whole thing bugs me, sort of like electric lamps that are made to look like candle holders. There's a fundamental aesthetic dishonesty at work.)

20082614447.png

Heck with Michigan and Princeton, Delaware does it best. :P

haugabrook-nova(dc)(72dpi).jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

If only one team is allowed to paint its helmets in that style, then shouldn't only the first team to ever wear a ballcap with a contrasting button on top or a different-color visor get to do so? Would you knock the Braves because they're not the first team ever to wear a blue cap with a red brim?

I'm not saying michican, or any other team, can't use the wing design. I'm just stating that they did infact rip it off from someone else. They can still use it, but it's not a distinctive Michigan design. Not even close, they didn't even originate it.

If only one team is allowed to paint its helmets in that style, then shouldn't only the first team to ever wear a ballcap with a contrasting button on top or a different-color visor get to do so? Would you knock the Braves because they're not the first team ever to wear a blue cap with a red brim?

I'm not saying michican, or any other team, can't use the wing design. I'm just stating that they did infact rip it off from someone else. They can still use it, but it's not a distinctive Michigan design. Not even close, they didn't even originate it.

Again, it's not like Michigan said "Let's be like Princeton!" No, we hired Fritz Crisler, who invented it. He brought it with him, and went down in history as a Michigan man. Michigan is the winningest team in college football history, and the winged helmet is synonymous with Michigan now. Of course, if you want to talk about stealing something, we could talk about how Michigan first performed the "Script Ohio..." :D:D

spikes.jpg

osuVmich05.jpg

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

Damn right its on. Its always on. The silver helmet is a classic. Nothing you or anyone can do about it. It isnt changing and has maintained for decades. This isnt a new Green Bay Packer-glitter or Minnesota Viking-glitter. Ohio State's "Silver Bullets" have been on for ages.

I realize we are not talking about our favorite teams, necessarily, but I just happen to think Ohio State has the best look in sports. Its simple, timeless, clasic and still flashy and totally origional. Who else can claim all of those? No one.

As for the cracks about salaries, well, Smith was punished for his sins (and it likely cost his team a national championship this year), Clarett was kicked off the team and out of school for his. If all you have are some baseless claims of paying players and a rougue program, which the NCAA came to town TWICE and proved to be false, than I guess this is over. When Tressel has 4-1 over Carr and Michigan, there isnt much else for you all to say....

As for all those funny claims about Michigan, they look great on an internet message board, but what do they mean?? All those wins in the 1800's against Ann Arbor HS and Upper Peninsula Tech, are they really that meaningful?? Those joke totals inclued 20-some wins against Ohio State, WHEN THEY WERE AN INTERMURAL CLUB TEAM. Nonw of that crap matters.

Your attendance is a joke, too. Whenever Tennessee builds onto thier stadium, Michgan just repaints the numbers on the slats of wood a few inches closer together. Hardly someting to brag about. Michgians fans are "wine and cheesers" that make about half the noise of a 50,000 Purdue crowd. They dont even approach the noise that a 105,000 Ohio Stadium crowd makes.

That "we have the biggest stadium" is a farce. Besides, when the Buckeyes come to town to kick your ass, you can have 500,000 people in the place and its still going to be very quiet.

Anyway, I think I have made my point.....

4-1. See ya in Columbus next year, my man...

osuVmich05.jpg

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

Damn right its on. Its always on. The silver helmet is a classic. Nothing you or anyone can do about it. It isnt changing and has maintained for decades. This isnt a new Green Bay Packer-glitter or Minnesota Viking-glitter. Ohio State's "Silver Bullets" have been on for ages.

I realize we are not talking about our favorite teams, necessarily, but I just happen to think Ohio State has the best look in sports. Its simple, timeless, clasic and still flashy and totally origional. Who else can claim all of those? No one.

As for the cracks about salaries, well, Smith was punished for his sins (and it likely cost his team a national championship this year), Clarett was kicked off the team and out of school for his. If all you have are some baseless claims of paying players and a rougue program, which the NCAA came to town TWICE and proved to be false, than I guess this is over. When Tressel has 4-1 over Carr and Michigan, there isnt much else for you all to say....

As for all those funny claims about Michigan, they look great on an internet message board, but what do they mean?? All those wins in the 1800's against Ann Arbor HS and Upper Peninsula Tech, are they really that meaningful?? Those joke totals inclued 20-some wins against Ohio State, WHEN THEY WERE AN INTERMURAL CLUB TEAM. Nonw of that crap matters.

Your attendance is a joke, too. Whenever Tennessee builds onto thier stadium, Michgan just repaints the numbers on the slats of wood a few inches closer together. Hardly someting to brag about. Michgians fans are "wine and cheesers" that make about half the noise of a 50,000 Purdue crowd. They dont even approach the noise that a 105,000 Ohio Stadium crowd makes.

That "we have the biggest stadium" is a farce. Besides, when the Buckeyes come to town to kick your ass, you can have 500,000 people in the place and its still going to be very quiet.

Anyway, I think I have made my point.....

4-1. See ya in Columbus next year, my man...

4-1? I thought it was 6-11-1? I get so confused, though. I forgot that football started in 2001.

spikes.jpg

Again, it's not like Michigan said "Let's be like Princeton!" No, we hired Fritz Crisler, who invented it. He brought it with him, and went down in history as a Michigan man.

I understand that, I'm just saying that the wing isn't a Michigan original. Besides, as good as Michigan looks in their uniforms (and they do look good), Princeton's version will always look better to me, IMO.

As for who looks better (Ohio St. vs Michigan) got to go with Ohio St.

Michigan looks great in their home blues, but only ok in their away whites. Ohio St. looks great in red or white.

Archived