Best team Uniforms in any sport

bucskick20

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pG01-2340073dt.jpg

IMO, Nothing comes close to this...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I could have bought that baby for $30 yesterday, I think it was from the year it was introduced, it looked old, I'll tell ya that much.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

don't know how to post pictures <_< but the Steelers, old Pitt football jerseys (mustard and blue), present day Pirates, and the Penguins before the vegas gold change over......of course biased a little

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

osuVmich05.jpg

I totally agree with HatManTC...those Michigan uniforms sure look nice! :D

Michigans uniforms are very ugly. The helmets are a joke.

Personally, I love Ohio State's home and aways. They are flashy and new school for the kids, but have enough tradition and classicness for the old schoolers.

They are the perfect uniform. And unlike Michigan helmet that they stole from another school, the buckeye leaf stickers are an often immitated origional.

Ohio State's is the best.

ps. You are right, Michigan's unis look great behind Pittman as he goes in for another score capping yet another Ohio State ass kicking of the Blue.

Well let me be the first to say...THE OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN FAN BATTLE IS ON!

All right, I'll give you the fact that we stole Princeton's helmet design. But seriously, who has even heard of Princeton football. You say "winged helmet", and anyone will think of Michigan right away. I love Ohio State's simple and classy helmet design, BUT....there is one thing that annoys me. All the friggin shiny glitter. Looks like a kindergarten project gone wrong. Take away the gay (sorry, sorry) glitter, and it'll be 10x better. Maybe Ted Ginn and Troy Smith can put their salaries together to get new helmets. Clarett can come by with his car and pick them up.

PS- We are not talking about what teams you like or don't like, we're talking about what team uniforms you like or don't like. But the battle is on, so fire away :D .

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in total wins, #2 in win% (Notre Dame just got to #1 this year)

#1 in attendance

31 straight bowl appearances

most televised team

"Hail to the Victors" is the only fight song in the hall of fame

42 Conference titles (most of any team in any conference)

GO BLUE!!! :D

Damn right its on. Its always on. The silver helmet is a classic. Nothing you or anyone can do about it. It isnt changing and has maintained for decades. This isnt a new Green Bay Packer-glitter or Minnesota Viking-glitter. Ohio State's "Silver Bullets" have been on for ages.

I realize we are not talking about our favorite teams, necessarily, but I just happen to think Ohio State has the best look in sports. Its simple, timeless, clasic and still flashy and totally origional. Who else can claim all of those? No one.

As for the cracks about salaries, well, Smith was punished for his sins (and it likely cost his team a national championship this year), Clarett was kicked off the team and out of school for his. If all you have are some baseless claims of paying players and a rougue program, which the NCAA came to town TWICE and proved to be false, than I guess this is over. When Tressel has 4-1 over Carr and Michigan, there isnt much else for you all to say....

As for all those funny claims about Michigan, they look great on an internet message board, but what do they mean?? All those wins in the 1800's against Ann Arbor HS and Upper Peninsula Tech, are they really that meaningful?? Those joke totals inclued 20-some wins against Ohio State, WHEN THEY WERE AN INTERMURAL CLUB TEAM. Nonw of that crap matters.

Your attendance is a joke, too. Whenever Tennessee builds onto thier stadium, Michgan just repaints the numbers on the slats of wood a few inches closer together. Hardly someting to brag about. Michgians fans are "wine and cheesers" that make about half the noise of a 50,000 Purdue crowd. They dont even approach the noise that a 105,000 Ohio Stadium crowd makes.

That "we have the biggest stadium" is a farce. Besides, when the Buckeyes come to town to kick your ass, you can have 500,000 people in the place and its still going to be very quiet.

Anyway, I think I have made my point.....

4-1. See ya in Columbus next year, my man...

4-1? I thought it was 6-11-1? I get so confused, though. I forgot that football started in 2001.

Nope, not all of football started in 2001, just the JIM TRESSEL ERA AT OHIO STATE. His record against Michigan started in 2001. You choose to count from 1781 and Ill chose to count games that actually matter today, the modern era of each team.

I didnt notice anyone bragging about all those wins, but only 1/2 National Title since 1950. Why not ?

I kinda like the Lansdale(pa) Catholic football uni's. I like the way the Vegas gold and Yellow gold clash but go together.

herman2.jpg

Some Lansdale Catholic love on the board? Now I've seen everything here, geez.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

osuVmich05.jpg

Personally, I love Ohio State's home and aways. They are flashy and new school for the kids, but have enough tradition and classicness for the old schoolers.

They are the perfect uniform. And unlike Michigan helmet that they stole from another school, the buckeye leaf stickers are an often immitated origional.

ps. You are right, Michigan's unis look great behind Pittman as he goes in for another score capping yet another Ohio State ass kicking of the Blue.

All right, I'll give you the fact that we stole Princeton's helmet design. But seriously, who has even heard of Princeton football. You say "winged helmet", and anyone will think of Michigan right away. I love Ohio State's simple and classy helmet design, BUT....there is one thing that annoys me. All the friggin shiny glitter. Looks like a kindergarten project gone wrong. Take away the gay (sorry, sorry) glitter, and it'll be 10x better. Maybe Ted Ginn and Troy Smith can put their salaries together to get new helmets. Clarett can come by with his car and pick them up.

PS- We are not talking about what teams you like or don't like, we're talking about what team uniforms you like or don't like. But the battle is on, so fire away :D .

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

Damn right its on. Its always on. The silver helmet is a classic. Nothing you or anyone can do about it. It isnt changing and has maintained for decades. This isnt a new Green Bay Packer-glitter or Minnesota Viking-glitter. Ohio State's "Silver Bullets" have been on for ages.

I realize we are not talking about our favorite teams, necessarily, but I just happen to think Ohio State has the best look in sports. Its simple, timeless, clasic and still flashy and totally origional. Who else can claim all of those? No one.

As for the cracks about salaries, well, Smith was punished for his sins (and it likely cost his team a national championship this year), Clarett was kicked off the team and out of school for his. If all you have are some baseless claims of paying players and a rougue program, which the NCAA came to town TWICE and proved to be false, than I guess this is over. When Tressel has 4-1 over Carr and Michigan, there isnt much else for you all to say....

As for all those funny claims about Michigan, they look great on an internet message board, but what do they mean?? All those wins in the 1800's against Ann Arbor HS and Upper Peninsula Tech, are they really that meaningful?? Those joke totals inclued 20-some wins against Ohio State, WHEN THEY WERE AN INTERMURAL CLUB TEAM. Nonw of that crap matters.

Your attendance is a joke, too. Whenever Tennessee builds onto thier stadium, Michgan just repaints the numbers on the slats of wood a few inches closer together. Hardly someting to brag about. Michgians fans are "wine and cheesers" that make about half the noise of a 50,000 Purdue crowd. They dont even approach the noise that a 105,000 Ohio Stadium crowd makes.

That "we have the biggest stadium" is a farce. Besides, when the Buckeyes come to town to kick your ass, you can have 500,000 people in the place and its still going to be very quiet.

4-1? I thought it was 6-11-1? I get so confused, though. I forgot that football started in 2001.

Nope, not all of football started in 2001, just the JIM TRESSEL ERA AT OHIO STATE. His record against Michigan started in 2001. You choose to count from 1781 and Ill chose to count games that actually matter today, the modern era of each team.

I didnt notice anyone bragging about all those wins, but only 1/2 National Title since 1950. Why not ?

My bad. At Michigan we try not to get in pissing matches with schools that haven't won an outright BigTen title since 1984. Oh, and a quick FYI, the Lloyd Carr era started in 1995, and he's still won more than he's lost against the Nuts, all without the benefit of the Tressel/Steinbrenner-style payroll.

spikes.jpg

osuVmich05.jpg

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

My bad. At Michigan we try not to get in pissing matches with schools that haven't won an outright BigTen title since 1984. Oh, and a quick FYI, the Lloyd Carr era started in 1995, and he's still won more than he's lost against the Nuts, all without the benefit of the Tressel/Steinbrenner-style payroll.

Cooper is gone. He aint coming back. Its never going to be that way again. Im sure you enjoyed your time, but its over.

Face it!

Cant fault us for not winning outright in 2002. You're the ones that couldnt handle an Iowa team that was bitchslapped by both ISU and USC. 14-0 is 14-0. No fault of ours.....

As for the payoff crack, we'll just pretend that Charlie Woodson didnt testify that he was paid plenty during his days at Michigan. Lets just pretend that didnt happen.......

Has Michigan played thier bowl game yet?? I know they had an early-to-mid December also-ran bowl, but not sure what game, against whom or when it was being played. Hopefully they will reverse the norm and actually avoid embarassing the BigTen with another bowl loss.

Have fun, boys....

osuVmich05.jpg

OH BY THE WAY....

#1 in attendance

most televised team

Cooper is gone. He aint coming back. Its never going to be that way again. Im sure you enjoyed your time, but its over.

Face it!

Cant fault us for not winning outright in 2002. You're the ones that couldnt handle an Iowa team that was bitchslapped by both ISU and USC. 14-0 is 14-0. No fault of ours.....

As for the payoff crack, we'll just pretend that Charlie Woodson didnt testify that he was paid plenty during his days at Michigan. Lets just pretend that didnt happen.......

Has Michigan played thier bowl game yet?? I know they had an early-to-mid December also-ran bowl, but not sure what game, against whom or when it was being played. Hopefully they will reverse the norm and actually avoid embarassing the BigTen with another bowl loss.

Have fun, boys....

Funny you mention bowl games, seeing as how we've been to one now for the better part of 4 straight decades. But the Bucks have that stellar 6 year streak running, so that's a plus. And dogging the Alamo would be real solid- if you hadn't played there last season.

spikes.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and throw these out there. Better than Michigan's IMO.

60_USCBush1Website.jpg

I also vote for a limit on the number of quote boxes people can use in a post. :D

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived