Monday Night Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

NJTank

The Rams started playing in Cleveland for a few years before moving to Los Angeles and then St. Louis.

Most of us young guys may not catch that or know that fact if that was a MNF matchup (It was last season I think).

This is all i know:

Before the season started there was poll in Sports General asking who we thought was going to be at the bottom of the NFL barrel. I said the Pakers were going to among, if not, the worst team in the leauge, even doing worse then the Browns.

I got flammed for saying that, with EVERYONE telling me I was insaine, and that the Pakers were going to run away with the NFC north, and how they had "the best receiving core in the NFC."

B)

Up until last night, the Packers have played relatively well considering the personnel. Sherman will probably continue as coach. However, if the Pack is in overhaul mode, Favre should try to hook up with another team. He is still better than most QBs in the league.

As for the MNF schedule, the Pack should have been OK if Walker, Franks, Green or Davenport were around for the bulk of the season. At the start, it was the defense that was suspect. If Favre had his regulars and the #5 defense to work with this year, they would have definately been in playoff contention.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Okay, I maybe mistaken but wasn't part of the proposed plan, that MNF would be allowed to switched games for the second half of the season with a sunday game, but the switch has to occur at 3-4 weeks in advance. Also wasn't there another propsed plan that there would be two monday night games, and the network would be able to chose which game would get to broadcast. As for switching Sunday games, that has occur twice this year (8 games) to allow for "better" broadcasting.

On a side not, I live in central texas, and halfway through the season our CBS stopped broadcasting Texans, even though they are the "local" team.

Correct me if I a wrong,

dmr

Okay, I maybe mistaken but wasn't part of the proposed plan, that MNF would be allowed to switched games for the second half of the season with a sunday game, but the switch has to occur at 3-4 weeks in advance. Also wasn't there another propsed plan that there would be two monday night games, and the network would be able to chose which game would get to broadcast. As for switching Sunday games, that has occur twice this year (8 games) to allow for "better" broadcasting.

On a side not, I live in central texas, and halfway through the season our CBS stopped broadcasting Texans, even though they are the "local" team.

Correct me if I a wrong,

dmr

ABC wanted the flexable schedule but couldn't get it. THus they dropped MNF and it's moving to ESPN. The problem is it's hard to move a Sunday game to Monday. NBC next year will have a flexable schedule next for Sunday night football as moving times is different from moving days.

On a side not, I live in central Texas, and halfway through the season our CBS stopped broadcasting the Texans, even though they are the "local" team.

Correct me if I a wrong,

While I cannot tell for certain, it was my understanding that if the local market's NFL team sold out of game tickets, then their game was the one to be televised locally regardless of team's record. It was also my understanding that if a local team is on the road, and the home team there did NOT sell out the game, the team would still be the primary game broadcast despite the fact the game would be blacked out in that team's area. The only time this rule was ever exempt is when the game's out come is a blowout and the network switches over to another game in progress.

For example, if Houston was playing at say...Arizona, and it wasn't sold out Houston fans would still be receiving the game, while people in Arizona would only be able to see another game, like St. Louis or San Francisco

Bottom line is if Houston is selling out their home games, the CBS station near you should be carrying it. While I don't know if their games are, I thought they were already sold out for years to come.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

NBC next year will have a flexable schedule next for Sunday night football as moving times is different from moving days.

True, but it still sucks for the staff and fans. It's kind of like saying a punch in the face is better than a kick in the nuts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Im just glad the Eagles dont have the worst Loss on MNF now :D

No, I think you'll have that for a while.

"Defending NFC champs get stomped, 42-0" is about as bad as it can be.

How is losing by 42 to a SB contender worse than losing by 45 to a 4-9 team?

There's no real way to validate any of those losses.

Definitely true, but imo, this loss is easily worse than the Eagles' loss. THink sbout it, the margin is about the same, only off by 3, but look at the teams they were playing. Seattle was 9-2, a great team that has a chance to go to the SB, and Baltimore was 4-9, having an off year. Yea, the Pack were 3-10 versus the Eagles 5-6, but I just think you can't lose by that much to a mediocre team. I'm not saying that Seattle being a good team is an excuse for Philly to lose by 42, because it's not, but that's the only time when something like that should happen. If any of that makes sense.

teamsnew2.png

Definitely true, but imo, this loss is easily worse than the Eagles' loss. THink sbout it, the margin is about the same, only off by 3, but look at the teams they were playing. Seattle was 9-2, a great team that has a chance to go to the SB, and Baltimore was 4-9, having an off year. Yea, the Pack were 3-10 versus the Eagles 5-6, but I just think you can't lose by that much to a mediocre team. I'm not saying that Seattle being a good team is an excuse for Philly to lose by 42, because it's not, but that's the only time when something like that should happen. If any of that makes sense.

You guys are probably right, it was just my opinion that THE EAGLES should've scored at least a Field Goal, I mean..Green Bay had/is having an awful season, so seeing them getting stomped by anyone is hardly a shock.

Besides, who seriously imagined Seattle in the Super Bowl before they beat the Eagles?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived