Patriots honor 20th Anniversary of '85 team

DGivens87

I'd love to see the Pats wear the throwbacks for a day again (like 02 in Detroit.) Given the amount of marketing they are putting into the throwbacks on the team ProShop, I would assume they were doing so, if I didn't know better.

Dave, I doubt they'd pull out the throwbacks for the game (I already asked lol). They have alotta throwback jerseys on the Pro Shop website, but for some ungodly reason, they refuse to wear them (except on Turkey Day in 02, like you mentioned).

The odd thing is that they sell a Corey Dillon red white and blue throwback and Dillon has never worn that uniform,

I'd love to see the Pats wear the throwbacks for a day again (like 02 in Detroit.) Given the amount of marketing they are putting into the throwbacks on the team ProShop, I would assume they were doing so, if I didn't know better.

Dave, I doubt they'd pull out the throwbacks for the game (I already asked lol). They have alotta throwback jerseys on the Pro Shop website, but for some ungodly reason, they refuse to wear them (except on Turkey Day in 02, like you mentioned).

The odd thing is that they sell a Corey Dillon red white and blue throwback and Dillon has never worn that uniform,

...and a Rodney Harrison throwback is available too...which just goes to show that a player didn't even have to wear the jersey for it to sell...

Looks like the Pats are going all out to promote this event/anniversary...

SquishTheFishTee-1.jpg

I was too young to remember these, but I have seen the originals on eBay here and there. The originals were alot more violent, with Pat Patriot essentially choking the life out of a poor dolphin.

I'd think none of the current players have worn it as anything other than a throwback jersey.

How many Pats were there in 1992? Not many I'd bet.

It's celebrating the team, with the current players names.

No point putting 42 Leonard Russell on it.

Might as well out Dillon on it.

That Squish the Fish thing is great.

I remember the days of Dan Marino beating the Pats every time.

Now, they're the laughing stock.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'd think none of the current players have worn it as anything other than a throwback jersey.

There are no players from the '92 Pats still on the team. The only holdover is a coach (Dante Scarnecchia).

My point was that Dillon never wore the throwback either. The last time the team wore them was Thanksgiving of 2002 and Dillon wasn't with the team.

If the Pats really wanted to go old school for the game they'd wear these...white jersey at home!

040126_Patriots.jpg

Rob - Leonard Russell was #32 buddy - #42 for the Broncos in 1994 :D

Leonard Russell had a drug problem, IIRC...

New England...The Patriots and me....We'll beat the Bears just wait and see. :D

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

That Squish the Fish thing is great.

Not true. I can think of at least one current Patriot who played for them when Pat the Patriot and their red "UCLA" style jerseys were the main threads

QB Doug Flutie

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If the Pats really wanted to go old school for the game they'd wear these...white jersey at home!

040126_Patriots.jpg

Rob - Leonard Russell was #32 buddy - #42 for the Broncos in 1994  :D

Leonard Russell had a drug problem, IIRC...

Would you believe it was a typo?

(It wasn't, I got it wrong, but if you close your eyes and believe...)

Oh well, it was a thousand years ago when he played.

And yes, I bring him up because he looked like he was going to be a decent player, but had *ahem* "off-field issues".

As for the Pats, I'd like to see them in the Red with White and Blue shoulder stripes at home.

Gee, would Doug Flutie have played in those unis?

I think he might have the first time around.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Doug Flutie did, indeed, wear the throwback duds during his stint with the Pats, before he headed to the Great White North. And mentions of Ivy Joe Hunter bring back memories of Tecmo Super Bowl and the San Antonio Riders. Thanks for the nostalgia.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Doug Flutie did, indeed, wear the throwback duds during his stint with the Pats, before he headed to the Great White North.  And mentions of Ivy Joe Hunter bring back memories of Tecmo Super Bowl and the San Antonio Riders.  Thanks for the nostalgia.

Surely when he was wearing them they weren't the throwbacks, they were just the regular red jerseys.

Or is that what you meant, and that now those uniforms are throwbacks, even though pre-1993 they were the uniforms.

Actually, I think that's what you mean, so disregard this.

(Shame we can't delete posts when it's 1.10 am and we're tired and our brains don't work properly.)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived