Rc's second annual "challenge" of some sort

Roger Clemente

Anyone recall a challenge I made last year for people to make TATC NHL uniforms?

Well, here it is, the next year and I only now came up with a new challenge...one that border's on the side of....BLASPHEMY? Well, here's your crossover challenge. And I use the term crossover quite literally.

(I wholeheartedly recommend the song "Disco's Revenge" by Gusto.  If you have it, you should play it now before reading this.  It's just a cool song to listen to while reading this.)

Anyone remember in the 1940's when the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles merged into the Phil-Pitt Steagles?

Well your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take any two (or more if you can manage to do it) teams from a geographic region of the same league and combine them into one team and make a uniform for them. It doesn't sound so hard now does it? Use only existing teams, logos and colors for now, just to make things easier.

I'm not sure how long I should allow people to make entries for this. It may take forever to actually come up with ideas like this.

Good luck, I guess.

Also, what should I actually name this challenge? I'm think the "GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIME?". That's pushing it, maybe.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the beauty of this one! There's are practically an infinite number of possibilities to choose from.

Hell, maybe I should let the contest go for a single year...with the winner announced October 1st, 2004. :;): (I doubt it though)

champssig2.png

I think I'm leaning towards the "San Angeles KingSharks"

Are we suppose to keep the same logos, merge them together, or create a new one?

EDIT**

I don't think this would be to bad of a logo. I'm not a fan of the LA King's font, but it will do for now.

SA-Kingsharks.gif

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I think I'm leaning towards the "San Angeles KingSharks"

Are we suppose to keep the same logos, merge them together, or create a new one?

Whatever you wish.

champssig2.png

Question about the "same league" criteria: Can we cross NL and Al in baseball (as being one MLB, since they do play interleague) or do they have to stay separate?

Yes, you may.  Actually you'll have to, because there is no city in MLB with more than one franchise in the same league.  

The also applies to the NFL's AFC and NFC.

champssig2.png

Question about the "same league" criteria: Can we cross NL and Al in baseball (as being one MLB, since they do play interleague) or do they have to stay separate?

Yes, you may. Actually you'll have to, because there is no city in MLB with more than one franchise in the same league.

The also applies to the NFL's AFC and NFC.

Good point. Although you could do Pirates/Phillies solely in the NL, but that's about it, I think.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived