Gold at home

cableguy

I was just curious if the NBA had established some regulation prohibiting the wearing of any color at home other than white?

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently the only team that wears GOLD at home and I love that look!

In the past many teams wore gold at home (the warriors, pacers, sonics, cavaliers) Now I see the Sonics have gold alternative uniforms but only wear them on the road.

I love the gold home unis..any comments?

The Hornets don't wear gold at home?

I think the Hornets have only worn gold on the road this year. They've only worn white for their home games in Oklahoma City, as far as I know.

Same with the Hawks. They have a yellow alternate, but they never wear it at home.

In college you can where pretty much whatever you want. I guess it's supposed to be dark versus light, but I remember one time last year where the Cincinnati Bearcats were wearing red and their opponents were in blue. I can't remember who they were playing and whether or not the game was in the 'Nati or elsewhere.

In college you can where pretty much whatever you want. I guess it's supposed to be dark versus light, but I remember one time last year where the Cincinnati Bearcats were wearing red and their opponents were in blue. I can't remember who they were playing and whether or not the game was in the 'Nati or elsewhere.

actually I think it was this year in Cincy, it was Memphis in blue and Cincy in red

I know in college anything goes..many schools wear gold at home and Illinois frequently wears orange at home, and I do remember that Cincinnati Bearcat game where both teams wore colors. ( I was watching the Valpo-Duke game the other night where Valpo wore gold on the road and wondered what they would do against a team that did wear gold at home)

I saw the Atlanta Hawks alternate gold uniform on sportscenter this morning but, like Seattle,they only seem to wear it on the road.

the st. louis rams, the dallas stars, the pittsburgh penguins, etc... those teams use gold.

the los angeles lakers, the boston bruins, the green bay packers, etc... those teams use yellow.

nothing wrong with yellow. yellow is a great sports color... but don't pretend it's something it's not :)

but back on topic, i agree... a yellow team against a white team is pretty annoying to me.

yellow contrasts much more with navy, green, black, and red than it does against white.

I miss the Warriors gold home uniforms they wore until 1986....

Iowa State wore gold at home against Ohio State recently....

3 of the 4 D-1 schools in Iowa have yellow/gold as a color....

Sacramento has worn a gold home unie this season....

I know that in Ohio for high school games you have to wear white at home. I think I may have heard that as a rule for more than just the Buckeye State, but I'm not sure.

Per the Ohio High School Athletic Association website: "Beginning in 2007-08, the home team will be required to wear white jerseys and the visiting team dark jerseys."

Actually, I think this change may have been dictated by the National Federation of State High School Associations.

I was just curious if the NBA had established some regulation prohibiting the wearing of any color at home other than white?

The Los Angeles Lakers are currently the only team that wears GOLD at home and I love that look!

In the past many teams wore gold at home (the warriors, pacers, sonics, cavaliers) Now I see the Sonics have gold alternative uniforms but only wear them on the road.

I love the gold home unis..any comments?

The Lakers are the exception to a rule by the NBA which states that teams may only have one "home" jersey. So if these teams wanted to wear yellow at home, that's all they could ever wear. The Lakers had to petition the league to get permission to wear their alternate whites on Sundays only.

A side note to this, the Pacers played the Lakers on a Sunday last season (or maybe it was two seasons ago) and I was hoping they would wear their yellows just to mess with the Lakers fans who are accustomed to rooting for the team in yellow, however they did not. I'm not sure if Atlanta, New Orleans, or Seattle has ever taken advantage of this opportunity in L.A. on a Sunday...

goldmember.jpg

I loooooooooove gooooooooold!

Actually, I'm quite fond of yellow as a primary jersey color and would like to see the Hornets and the Hawks break theirs out at home more frequently. The only time I think it would be a problem is when the Bobcats come to town and when the Warriors would want to wear their orange uniforms.

Archived