Inconsistant Fields of Play

kmw_29

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, I'm not exactly sure how the Bruins won out over the Celtics in this contest..

Fleet%20Center.jpg

The Bruins own the building and rent to the Celtics. However, the seats at the old Boston Garden were yellow, so the idea may have just carried over to the new building. The seats now alternate between yellow and black, so the Bruins may be behind that one.

Luckily it's easy to find a picture of an empty Dolphins Stadium.

pro705.jpg

Although I see the point in having light colored seats in Miami due to the weather, but did they have to be orange?

The name doesn't help either.

Dolphins use Teal and Orange as their colors.

I think it may be the same situation of Celtics/Bruins..though I don't know.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

When the Pats switched from royal blue to navy blue in 2000, their end zone and 50-yard-line logos were still royal.

And I don't care what anyone says, I know red is a Pats color, but the walls at Gillette Stadium should not be red. The team doesn't look like it's playing at its home stadium when they're wearing NAVY BLUE JERSEYS! Paint the damn walls navy for crying out loud!

It's more of a contrast thing more than anything. When the team had red jerseys the wall at Foxboro were blue. It made for a good contrast especially for photos and television close-ups and since blue was a secondary color, they could wear red or white at home without problems. The contrast makes what you're seeing on TV or photos "pop" even in black and white shots, giving it a more 3D look to a 2D format. And while it is by no means a requirement, it does sometimes look a little better on the eye.

When they switched to blue as their main color, the uniforms tended to blend in with the stadium walls. Rather than spend the money to repaint a stadium they were trying to replace anyway, the blue was only touched up from time to time. When the new stadium was unveiled, red walls were introduced to again address a contrast between the uniform and the stadium.

------------------

As for the Fleet Center/TD Boston Garden seats being yellow, it is a color that goes with both the Celtics and the Bruins. The Bruins have it as their secondary color, and with Celtics it has always been an unofficial seconday color as it has always been a trim color on their warm-ups.

-----------------

At Fenway Park, I imagine you'd have a revolt on your hands if the fans came in to find the "Red Monster" in place of their Green wall. There was a time in baseball when the majority of baseball parks were painted in green trim.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Luckily it's easy to find a picture of an empty Dolphins Stadium.

pro705.jpg

Although I see the point in having light colored seats in Miami due to the weather, but did they have to be orange?

The name doesn't help either.

Dolphins use Teal and Orange as their colors.

I think it may be the same situation of Celtics/Bruins..though I don't know.

I know I'm seeing it from a Marlins fan's prespective. But even the Dolphins don't use excessive amounts of orange. Hell they didn't have the orange alternate until last year I believe.

Before anyone mentions it, yes I know the Marlins have orange as an official color.

Lets not forget the home of Washington Nationals spring training- Space Coast Stadium (former spring training home of the Marlins).

DSCF0016_web.jpg

1997 | 2003

Good one with the Georgia Dome. Any view of that place (inside or outside) makes me want to take a nap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, I'm not exactly sure how the Bruins won out over the Celtics in this contest..

Fleet%20Center.jpg

well this is in the old boston garden but the celtics court in the 80's was this terrible color of almost neon green. horribly mismatched and awful to look at, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Since they moved to the new arena the color on the court has been changed to better match the unis.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The seats at Angel Stadium are green. I think that has more to do with Edison previously owning the naming rights though.

I think it's more because green is a traditional color for baseball stadiums. The Red Sox and Brewers, as mentioned above, have green seats in their parks.

Fleet%20Center.jpg

well this is in the old boston garden but the celtics court in the 80's was this terrible color of almost neon green. horribly mismatched and awful to look at, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Since they moved to the new arena the color on the court has been changed to better match the unis.

The bottom section (the loge) seats all used to be yellow. But wheh the Bruins started sucking on a regular basis, the yellow seats really brought out the no-shows. So it was decided that every other seat would be made black, so it wouldn't be as obvious when the game was not a sellout.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

madison%20square%20garden%204.jpg

Not Rangers or Knicks colors. Ew.

Look good for the Anaheim Might Ducks though maybe.

At first I thought that was the Cincinnati Gardens, which thanks to the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks looks like that as well. That is one arena where the seats matched the team's colors.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The teal seats at Comiskey Park (now of course US CEllular Field) always bothered me. The park opened in 1991, when teal was still very big, as witnessed by the Hornets, Sharks, and Marlins entering the world around the same time. Over the past year or so the White Sox have been slowly swithching over to ballpark Green seats, which will go a long way towards making that (I think) unfairly criticized stadium more palatable.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

the dodgers have always had a different color for each section. the most recent scheme was blue, orange,red and yellow i believe, but the renovation project is moving to the seats this year. they'll being going back to the original pastel seats from when the park opened. aquas, corals, light blues

Dodger seats

I've never been a fan of the seating at the New Orleans arena... and the fact that it's colors match those of none of the teams that play there, I am given a thread in which I can bitch about it. It's just... a bunch of different shades of blue seating. ugly, if you ask me.

thumbnail.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived