Jays land Glaus?

officeglenn

It sucks they lost Hudson, but the Jays are flexing their muscles by having the best offseason of anyone so far. They may surprise some people this year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Uh-oh?

I'm watching the live cybercast of the Blue Jays' press conference. They were supposed to start an hour ago, but the podium is vacant and the room is full of reporters milling around.

Dude just addressed the crowd, saying: "We're waiting on the call that [Glaus] has passed his physical. We were expecting it much earlier than now."

Could there be a hitch in the trade? Troy has had knee and shoulder problems in recent years. I'm hoping there's no need for alarm, but...

Meanwhile, here's a column describing a projected lineup for the 2007 Arizona Diamondbacks --

Left field, Carlos Quentin; center field, Chris Young; right field, [shawn] Green; third base, [Chad] Tracy; shortstop, Stephen Drew; second base, Orlando Hudson; first base, Conor Jackson; catcher, [Johnny] Estrada.

The team’s payroll will be anywhere from $40 million to $45 million, enabling the Diamondbacks to aggressively pursue a deep free agent pitching crop that likely will include Barry Zito and Mark Mulder.

Sounds good to me. Let's close this deal. Go Diamondbacks!

I'm not a big fan of this move from the Blue Jays perspective. I can't see how trading defense and pitching for a high strikeout, low average guy like Glaus is worth it. The Jays still only have the third best lineup in the East. I think the Jays are just doing their best Omar Minaya impression.

IUe6Hvh.png

I completely disagree. The Jays needed a HR threat and they got one.

The guys they lost will be replaced with players who can not only match, but exceed the others productivity.

If they get Koskie to move to RF they are the Wild Card Champs.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived