Los Angeles Surf

Mings

Just a bump. Thanks for all of the C&C. I won't be changing it though, as its pretty much a final product right now.

something i don't understand...why would you ask for c&c if you weren't going to make changes? i understand if you don't WANT to make any of the changes because you don't like the suggestions or you don't think they would improve the logo, but it sounds as though you never intended to make changes...if that's the case, you should tell folks up front "THIS IS A FINAL DRAFT", that way folks won't take the time to think of things you might do to improve it....just a thought :)

jldesigns404eo.png

Just a bump. Thanks for all of the C&C. I won't be changing it though, as its pretty much a final product right now.

something i don't understand...why would you ask for c&c if you weren't going to make changes? i understand if you don't WANT to make any of the changes because you don't like the suggestions or you don't think they would improve the logo, but it sounds as though you never intended to make changes...if that's the case, you should tell folks up front "THIS IS A FINAL DRAFT", that way folks won't take the time to think of things you might do to improve it....just a thought :)

Um, it ended up being a final product because thats what the client wanted. He wanted to see some C&C and then decided it was a final product.

Besides you answered your own question. Even if it is a final people still want to know what others think about their designs.

Love the concept.

Did you know that the name and mark "Los Angeles Surf" "LA Surf" "California Surf" are all licensed to the NBA.

Apparently in the mid to late 1990s the NBA was trying to get Donald Sterling to change the name of the Clippers, and this was a name that both Sterling and the NBA liked, so they went through the whole song and dance with logos, etc.

How do I know this? I have a friend who works for the WNBA and she told me that the original name for the LA Sparks was supposed to be the "Surf" but the NBA wouldn't let them use it since they were "reserving" it for the Clippers.

Love the concept.

Did you know that the name and mark "Los Angeles Surf" "LA Surf" "California Surf" are all licensed to the NBA.

Apparently in the mid to late 1990s the NBA was trying to get Donald Sterling to change the name of the Clippers, and this was a name that both Sterling and the NBA liked, so they went through the whole song and dance with logos, etc.

How do I know this?  I have a friend who works for the WNBA and she told me that the original name for the LA Sparks was supposed to be the "Surf" but the NBA wouldn't let them use it since they were "reserving" it for the Clippers.

Cool info nugget and :welcome:

Any inside knowledge of what the logos/unis/etc. looked like? With it being an LA NBA squad, I bet it would just be a stylized basketball and that same lame ass font the Lakers and Clippers use.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Love the concept.

How do I know this?  I have a friend who works for the WNBA and she told me that the original name for the LA Sparks was supposed to be the "Surf" but the NBA wouldn't let them use it since they were "reserving" it for the Clippers.

Cool info nugget and :welcome:

Any inside knowledge of what the logos/unis/etc. looked like? With it being an LA NBA squad, I bet it would just be a stylized basketball and that same lame ass font the Lakers and Clippers use.

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't remember ever seeing the logo, she just mentioned it to me when she was showing me the launch of the WNBA logos. I'll ask her if she can find it for me.

Archived