Buffalo Sabres New Uniforms

habsfan1

has anyone else seen this site?http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/index.html

It's got some great gold and blue concepts. I hope the sabres use some of them.

That website has been around for years, and some people believe that it might look like some of those concepts.

Furthermore, that designer posts here, or at least once did (I apologize...there's so many members now I lose track).

Are you serious? Thats pretty damned cool, he has some skill, I'll tell you that, and it would be a shame if he doesn't involve himself with this community anymore.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To get sidetracked, the Mighty Ducks are reportedly set to unveil a new name, logo, design, and colors much to the shigrin of Roger.

I have read somewhere the Mighty Ducks owner might go some way... that is modify the team name to be Anaheim Ducks... dropping the Mighty word from that.. also the California (Golden?) Seals name has been mentioned... that piqued my interest some time ago.. I wonder if that is possible and if the team is to be called the California Seals, maybe they can go to a modified logo of the original logo back in 1967/68? or the other logo with SEALS on it? When will this be announced?

To get sidetracked, the Mighty Ducks are reportedly set to unveil a new name, logo, design, and colors much to the shigrin of Roger.

I have read somewhere the Mighty Ducks owner might go some way... that is modify the team name to be Anaheim Ducks... dropping the Mighty word from that.. also the California (Golden?) Seals name has been mentioned... that piqued my interest some time ago.. I wonder if that is possible and if the team is to be called the California Seals, maybe they can go to a modified logo of the original logo back in 1967/68? or the other logo with SEALS on it? When will this be announced?

Thank God. I mean, how can you take a team seriously that got its name from a freaking Disney movie?

It's a gift from God that Lord Stanley's Cup was never defaced with the "Mighty Ducks."

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Of those Celcius designs, I reckon the primary logo 04 is perfect for what the Sabres would want. It's a modernised version of the old-style logo, but the sabres are almost identical to those in the current alternate logo (which, I believe, is pretty popular).

I have a soft spot for ALT_03 and ALT_BUFFALO but I doubt they'd have any chance of being considererd.

It's a shame - everyone has a positive reaction to those designs but the Sabres wouldn't even consider them. I wish they would be used. :(

It should be pretty interesting when the new Sabres jersey is revealed, as well as the Reebok ones for the rest of the league....

How will the Original 6 look with these tight fitting jerseys, i wonder...

You'd think Gordie Howe was still playing the game. Just think of the early 70's and earlier, where the tighter the jersey, the better it would be. The only difference is they will look thinner than the cotton they used, or whatever the fabric was.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I hope the Sabres don't revert to the old ones--they were awful.  An updated version might be okay though.

The ghost of GIlbert Perreault is waiting to kick the :censored: out of you for that statement.

And when he gets down with ya...me and my Sabre fan friends willl take our turn.

On that radio show, Quinn said the jerseys have already been designed. They would like to reveal them now, but they're waiting on Reebok to realease all teams at once. As far as I know, Reebok has not set a official date.

Danny Gare, when they retired his number, made a subtle comment in his speech that the Blue & Gold should come back. The current players were wearing Blue & GOld's over their home black's during the ceremony and the crowd ate them up.

I know I'm in the minority--but I stand by my opinion on the old Sabres' jerseys.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thank God. I mean, how can you take a team seriously that got its name from a freaking Disney movie?

It's a gift from God that Lord Stanley's Cup was never defaced with the "Mighty Ducks."

True, considering the Mighty Ducks were 1 win away from the Stanley Cup in 2003 vs New Jersey... I actually thought it would be interesting to see how that panned out.. but we will never know for sure...

I hope the Sabres don't revert to the old ones--they were awful.  An updated version might be okay though.

The ghost of GIlbert Perreault is waiting to kick the :censored: out of you for that statement.

ghost?! Gilbert is stilll alive, he'll come over himself and kick you in the junk

just for referring to his demise.

on the topic, yes the Sabres and few other teams will be changing. Rest assured the original 6 and others will be staying true to their colors, logos and basic aesthetic. However some striping patterns had to be modified to work with the new jersey templates. I will say from what I've seen things look very good and at first glance you may not know anything is different except the fit. It is snugger, more like the jersey fit in the 70's and 80's before they got ultrabaggy.

has anyone else seen this site?http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/index.html

It's got some great gold and blue concepts. I hope the sabres use some of them.

That website has been around for years, and some people believe that it might look like some of those concepts.

Furthermore, that designer posts here, or at least once did (I apologize...there's so many members now I lose track).

IIRC, his screen name is js °

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ghost?! Gilbert is stilll alive, he'll come over himself and kick you in the junk

on the topic, yes the Sabres and few other teams will be changing. Rest assured the original 6 and others will be staying true to their colors, logos and basic aesthetic. However some striping patterns had to be modified to work with the new jersey templates. I will say from what I've seen things look very good and at first glance you may not know anything is different except the fit. It is snugger, more like the jersey fit in the 70's and 80's before they got ultrabaggy.

On the topic of the re-striping and modified jersey designs for all of the NHL, will they be standard? What I mean is that will each team have they same type of stripes and trim and the same font, or will there still be individuality for each team?

Yah, Gil Perrault is one of da tuffest guys in da league!

On the topic of the re-striping and modified jersey designs for all of the NHL, will they be standard? What I mean is that will each team have they same type of stripes and trim and the same font, or will there still be individuality for each team?

While teams may share blank templates, as Nagano 1998 did, each team will remain as true to their classic aesthetic as possible, including name and number fonts. I did not think it was cookie cutter, just some of the sleeve and body hem stripes will be removed and a more unique colorblocking will be used. So in the case of the 'Canes, their hurricane flag stripe will be gone. They remind me of the Nagano 1998 jerseys in the fact that they did not have a lot of

"traditional" horizaontal sleeve and body hem striping, they are very clean and streamlined. I was very impressed and did not think teams looked radically different.

I did not think it was cookie cutter, just some of the sleeve and body hem stripes will be removed and a more unique colorblocking will be used. So in the case of the 'Canes, their hurricane flag stripe will be gone.

That's a shame for the 'Canes. The hurricane flag stripe is the best part of their entire look.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't think Anaheim can use the California Golden Seals stuff can they?

Wouldn't they have to buy the rights from the Dallas Stars?

I don't think the Stars own the rights. Although the Seals/ Barons ended up merging with the North Stars I don't believe they got the rights to the names.

Although I think it would be stupid for the Ducks to rename themselves the Seals becasue Seals are in Northern California. Just frop the Mighty.

I don't think Anaheim can use the California Golden Seals stuff can they?

Wouldn't they have to buy the rights from the Dallas Stars?

I don't think the Stars own the rights. Although the Seals/ Barons ended up merging with the North Stars I don't believe they got the rights to the names.

Although I think it would be stupid for the Ducks to rename themselves the Seals becasue Seals are in Northern California. Just frop the Mighty.

Like I said in an earlier post from a while back, there is an area near Anaheim named Seal Beach, so it's not that far fetched...

Archived