Celebrate Your Team Here

Cujo

My Oshawa Generals, 10-24, worst team in the OHL beat the Guelph Storm (23-13) today in the traditional New Year's Day game, 42 shots for Guelph, 29 for Oshawa, and the Gens win 7-3.

New year's Day is always a good day for Hockey :grin:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the "better late than never" department . . .

How about those Mizzou Tigers?! Down 21-0 with barely 7 minutes gone in the Independence Bowl, a 99 yard Marcus King TD on an interception gives the Tigers new life. Brad Smith, playing on an injured ankle, throws a TD strike to get us back within 14 at halftime and then runs for 3 more TD's in the second half en route to a 38-31 upset of South Carolina.

It's only the second time in the Gary Pinkel era that I've seen him make noticeable second half adjustments and the first time all season that the defense didn't even show signs of cracking up at crunch time.

Yeah, it's a win in a third-tier bowl game against a less-than-marquee opponent, but when a program is in as bad a shape as Mizzou's has been for the better part of the last 20+ years, it's a most exhilerating victory.

MIZZOU-RAH!!!

Well, my Niners can't even lose correctly.

My Winthrop Eagles...good, but we lost to Alabama by 3 and Auburn by 2. If not for 5 points, we would be all over the news right now. At least we SHOULD win the Big South and get into the Big Dance again.

My Bobcats...doing about as can be expected.

I'm really not complaining.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'm celebrating the fact that a Big East team won a BSC Bowl game, this is a big step forward for Big East recognition. I also love underdogs, WV played a heck of a game, and their run game wasn't stopped all game long.

• 6 months later...

How about the Yanks? Yeah they lost, miserably today but are still in the playoff race only 1/2 game out of the Wild Card and 1 and 1/2 out of the AL East lead and this is without: 60+ home runs and 200+ RBIs guaranteed, and if they don't make it to October I won't be disappointed.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Well I msut say this about the Yankees Joe Torre has done his best job since going there all the injuries the crappy pitc hing and they are still in it somehow, all at the same time A-Rod is having a bad year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

well...my Mariners are still right in contention for the AL West...then again, I think my intra-mural softball team from this year is still in contention for the West so it's not too much to shout about...

the Blazers didn't screw up draft day - in fact, they did quite the opposite and I think we'll surprise people this year. at least I hope that's what happens.

my Ducks are getting to absolutely regulate the Pac-10 this year.

my Gunners...need some defensive cover now that Sol is gone, but should be in contention for everything this year. Ashburton Grove looks absolutely spectacular too.

...and at least Williams are set up to do well next year, now that they've secured Toyota engines.

harperdc.gif

Well I must say this about the Yankees, Joe Torre has done his best job since going there all the injuries the crappy pitching and they are still in it somehow, all at the same time A-Rod is having a bad year.

22 Homers and 74 RBIs is a bad year? He's in a slump; this has not been a year long thing.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

• 1 year later...
The Nats have won more games this season than the defending World Champs.

No really.

A-F'N-MEN!!!! those pesky ol' Nats!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Sox spanked the Mariners today

Things look GREAT for the Pats

Things look GREAT for the Bruins

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived