Celebrate Your Team Here

Cujo

Braves win.

Take series from Mets (again.)

3 1/2 games back.

But Mets still lead the division. :D:D:D

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braves win.

Take series from Mets (again.)

3 1/2 games back.

But Mets still lead the division. :D

Not for long, buddy. You see us comin, & we've been through this rodeo before. :D

Also a 1/2 game out of the WC. Heeeeeerrrrrre we commmmmmme.

I'm going to the Phillies-Braves game tonight. Big series for the Phils and Braves. Cole Hamels on the hill, vukovich wall of fame night. I just hope it doesn't rain the whole time.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

-The Orioles had an amazing 8th and 9th inning comeback after being down 5-1 to the amazing Red Sox bullpen. So what if they are 15GB.

-The Bills won 13-10 in New Orleans, It's only the pre-season, but I'll take it.

saBS.png

VfL Wolfsburg 1-3 DSC Arminia Bielefeld

The Bug Makers (Wolfsburg is the sporting arm of Volkswagen) spent a team record amount of money upgrading the squad in order to challenge for the Champions League within the next 3 seasons, and even sent a spy to watch Bielefeld practices (Yes, he was caught, and for his troubles was given a starting lineup for Bielefeld by the coach and sent on his way) to ensure victory.

What they got was a pasting in which, other than a free kick in the 1st minute, they generated no offencive chances for the first hour of play, and in the mean time Bielefeld parked themselves in the Wolfsburg half and scored thrice. Bielefeld had The Usual Defencive Lapse After the Game was Sewn Up, and let one in the 84th minute, but it was for naught. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

We're -12 and about to bully League One into submission. Marching on together!

Wait until you get chewed up by Forest. :P

BTW, something we can all cheer, Spurs lost to Sunderland at the end of Injury time. What does 40 million quid buy you? Relegation Zone after the first day of the season. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Get a better banner maker. Far too much pixellation going on there...

Archived