Any 2004 mlb uniform changes?

CZzyzx41

I know teams like to change their looks going into new haunting grounds, and with that I would assume there will be minor or major changes to the Padres and Phillies next year.

Guesses:

Padres - Keep Blue and white, but switch orange highlights for khaki. perhaps add a khaki shadowing on the hom unis and a complete overhaul of the road unis.

Phillies - either a font change, or incorporating the 70's and 80's "P" into the cap or into a 3rd Sunday afternoon alternate?

Perhaps darkening the blue further?

Wishes:

Padres - Road: complete overhaul of the road unis. No grey roads, but rather a dusty look like their 69 jerseys. Perhaps a script "San Diego" across the road jersey at about the same angle as Oakland, Baltimore, and Los Angeles. Gold/Brown/Gold stripes on sleeves and neckline, and Brown "San Diego" with gold trim. Brown undershirt.

Home: Either change the font completely for "Padres" or simply switch blue for brown, and white trim for khaki trim. Brown stripes on sleeves and neckline. Sold white jersey. Khaki undershirt.

It'll never happen cause SOMEBODY here hates brown. I think it's unique. It was how we stuck out (besides the fact that we sucked) for so long. You used to always be able to point out the Padres helmets from all the others from the back. Black, red, and blue are just dominant. Time for something classy but different.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Padres - Road: complete overhaul of the road unis. No grey roads, but rather a dusty look like their 69 jerseys. Perhaps a script "San Diego" across the road jersey at about the same angle as Oakland, Baltimore, and Los Angeles. Gold/Brown/Gold stripes on sleeves and neckline, and Brown "San Diego" with gold trim. Brown undershirt.

Home: Either change the font completely for "Padres" or simply switch blue for brown, and white trim for khaki trim. Brown stripes on sleeves and neckline. Sold white jersey. Khaki undershirt.

They stuck out because they literally looked like S***. And no grey uniform. Haven't you leared that non-grey uniforms are but ugly. They sudk. I hope the Padres don't do what you suggested. In fact I hope they don't do anything there fine as is.

I say thou dost type too fast...Haven't I learned to see things your way yet? Is that what you're asking? No, I thought the slightly orange road Astros unis in the late 80s was cool, I thought the tannish Padres 1969 unis were cool (which is why I want to bring them back) and I thought the sky blue roads in the 80s were cool (and I can accept that they don't work today).

Now really though, I don't care what people think of my suggestions as much as I just want people who have heard any news at all to let me know if The Padres or Phillies plan on making any uniform changes at all.

From what I hear, the Phillies might not even be IN their new park next year if they construction company don't step too and I mean quick.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The Orioles are rumored to be bringing back the "cartoon" bird head to their caps, and replacing the "fun" (Disney design) bird on their sleeves.

A return to Baltimore on the road jerseys MAY happen.

Hopefully, they'll also return to orange script and #s on the home jerseys.

The Orioles are rumored to be bringing back the "cartoon" bird head to their caps, and replacing the "fun" (Disney design) bird on their sleeves.

A return to Baltimore on the road jerseys MAY happen.

Hopefully, they'll also return to orange script and #s on the home jerseys.

Oh no! The cartoon head back on the caps? I know the Orioles probably had a lot of success with those hats, but that bird was ugly!

I saw, I came, I left.

For once, I agree wholly with SHB.  I used to have one of the "new" Baltimore caps right after they came out, it's a really sharp design.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh, good grief.  You're kidding, right?  You had to post that after I agreed with you?  For someone who seems to require everyone's praise, you sure act weird when someone says they agree with you.

Anyway, back to the topic... 70s goofy Oriole bad, realistic Oriole good.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey, Shark! When the gentleman who is responsible for launching the website that inspired this forum suggests that you grow up... just take his advice and grow up.

Frankly, I don't know exactly what your deal is. Perhaps you believe that your ultimatums, your hissy fits and your rude posts are all part and parcel of some carefully crafted CCSL Message Board "persona". Maybe you've truly been offended my someone out here in the past and now we've all got to suffer for it. One thing is certain, whether it's a "persona" you've created or a response to someone's past treatment of you, it's worn thin.

If you needed bottom-line proof of that, look no further than the fact that Chris himself has asked you to chill out. I've been here a comparatively short time, but certainly long enough to know that Chris isn't one to make suggestions lightly. He cares about the content, character and community of this forum. He has every right to: his name's on it. For better or worse, our posts to the message boards impact all of the aforementioned criteria.

So do us all - Chris included - a favor, and exhibit some maturity in your posts.

Brian in Boston

P.S. The only person obsessed with you... is YOU!

Archived