Philadelphia Eagles concept

OB33

I've had this idea in my head for a few months, finally got around to doing it.

phillyset1ei.png

Now, I know the wings will never be replaced on the Eagles logo, but I just wanted to see how the eagle head would look on a helmet.

C&C

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

It may just be my monitor -- but the gold looks like green to me. It almost looks like you did a Blue Jackets football crossover.

While I like the direction you went with this, there's too much gold (imo) on the logo. It looks overbearing on the shoulder logos and helmet. I like the gold accents on the numbers though.

Alas, realistically, switching the colors on the Eagles would be like switching the colors on any other 'established' team. It most likely won't happen, and if it does, you're gonna get a lot of people screaming about it.

philly.png

little known fact: the Eagles' original colors were blue and gold

heh, I only throw it out there to point it out. it looks weird, but only cus I associate the Eagles with green and silver.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sorry, but the pants striping is WAY too similar to the Pats' striping used in the first couple seasons of the Spirit of the Reolution logo.

(I call it that because I have yet to notice any similarity to the King)

VmWIn6B.png

heh, I only throw it out there to point it out. it looks weird, but only cus I associate the Eagles with green and silver.

Not really.

The Frankford Yellowjackets were blue and athletic gold. I'm not sure if Frankford was part of the city or not back then, but the colors were probably derived from the state flag (just a guess.) Philadelphia's flag is also blue and gold, but more of a powder blue and light yellow (think SD Chargers throwbacks.)

When they became the Eagles, they became green. I don't think (though I'm not 100% sure) that the Eagles ever played in blue. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, when they went to Midnight Green, part of the justfication (I'm sure I remember reading this somewhere) was that they were blue as the yellow jackets, so the new color incorporates a little bit of their history.

Sure, Jeff. Sure.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Frankford Yellowjackets were blue and athletic gold. I'm not sure if Frankford was part of the city or not back then, but the colors were probably derived from the state flag (just a guess.)

I don't think it was part of the city yet -- everything that I've seen / read leads one to believe that all of the present day 'neighborhoods' didn't become incorporated into the city until about World War II, but I could be wrong (of course, even in those times, you'd have to wonder why a team would be named after a small town -- and it was a town then -- just five miles from what was probably the 3rd largest city in the country).

I don't think the Yellowjackets lasted too much longer after they won the championship in 1925. I think they played one or two more years and either folded or moved. The Eagles came into play in 1933, but I think they basically just revived the old Frankford franchise, so the color combination might have been kept intact.

philly.png

heh, I only throw it out there to point it out.  it looks weird, but only cus I associate the Eagles with green and silver.

Not really.

The Frankford Yellowjackets were blue and athletic gold. I'm not sure if Frankford was part of the city or not back then, but the colors were probably derived from the state flag (just a guess.) Philadelphia's flag is also blue and gold, but more of a powder blue and light yellow (think SD Chargers throwbacks.)

When they became the Eagles, they became green. I don't think (though I'm not 100% sure) that the Eagles ever played in blue. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, when they went to Midnight Green, part of the justfication (I'm sure I remember reading this somewhere) was that they were blue as the yellow jackets, so the new color incorporates a little bit of their history.

Sure, Jeff. Sure.

heh, sue me, yellow and metallic gold are gold all the same to us Wisconsinites ;)

different golds, but both variants of gold

shoot, all you gotta do is check out the SSUR's color sheets...yes, not the shades used in the concept, but blue and gold nonetheless. the Eagles didn't start using green til '41

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sorry, but the pants striping is WAY too similar to the Pats' striping used in the first couple seasons of the Spirit of the Reolution logo.

(I call it that because I have yet to notice any similarity to the King)

It always makes me think of Evil Knievel.

forumbanner-bno.jpg

No offense (as I have the utmost respect for taking the time to do that) but being from Philadelphia and a diehard Eagles fan, those colors make me want to throw up. (again not trying to be rude)...theyre our Eagles, not the Washington Nationals! haha :P

FloridaGators1.png

The gold is a nasty shade. I think you would need new logos as well, not just a recoloring of the old. However, the striping is creative and would work with the right shade of gold.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

i think that this is a good idea but you NEED to take out the green-gold color. maybe, you should use silver, but stick to the red, white, and blue. i, myself, have wondered why the eagles have never had the slightest patriotic reference.

Archived