Philadelphia Eagles concept

OB33

No offense (as I have the utmost respect for taking the time to do that) but being from Philadelphia and a diehard Eagles fan, those colors make me want to throw up. (again not trying to be rude)...theyre our Eagles, not the Washington Nationals! haha 

I understand tradition and all and I appreciate it. This is, after all, just a concept.

But why are the Eagles' colors green and silver or green and white instead of red, white and blue?

i, myself, have wondered why the eagles have never had the slightest patriotic reference.

The very team name is what's patriotic.

Not only is the eagle our national bird, but the team's name comes from the logo used in the centerpiece of FDR's New Deal program, the National Recovery Act (1933). How much more patriotic would you like them to be? Are there any other teams named for an act of government?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Freak: WTF, boss?

These are your 9 posts as of the writing of this reply. Of the nine, zero are constructive, and 2 are calling other members stupid, and that we shouldn't listen to them. What have you brought to the table? Why should we listen to you?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's an interesting concept. It's a hard sell to change the colors of an established team, but I think this does kind of work. However, the green/gold/yrellow color just doesn't work. It looks like the inside of my sons diapers after he's pee'd the crib. I'd go with a gold more similar to the Rams current metallic gold, or to the gold in the old SI cover of the Saints that pops up hear periodicaly.

Archived