Question about NHL Replica jerseys...

schwep76

you still don't get it. he's making fun of the fact that nobody cares in carolina.

theres something I despise..when people think its Carolina..not saying you do..I live in Charlotte and I despise the name Carolina Panthers. They should be called the Charlotte Panthers, because this is where they play. IF you ask me, the Panthers don't represent Myrtle Beach, SC or Charleston, SC nor are they intended to. In fact, "Carolina" doesn't even exist. Down with regionalized names!

Bye Bye New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild. Guess it should be the Medowland Devils, Miami Panthers, Denver Avalanche, and...who knows Wild.

Here we go. We haven't had this thread in a while.

All the newbs jump in with your version of your non-regionalized team.

:rolleyes:

you still don't get it. he's making fun of the fact that nobody cares in carolina.

theres something I despise..when people think its Carolina..not saying you do..I live in Charlotte and I despise the name Carolina Panthers. They should be called the Charlotte Panthers, because this is where they play. IF you ask me, the Panthers don't represent Myrtle Beach, SC or Charleston, SC nor are they intended to. In fact, "Carolina" doesn't even exist. Down with regionalized names!

Bye Bye New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild. Guess it should be the Medowland Devils, Miami Panthers, Denver Avalanche, and...who knows Wild.

Actually the Miami Panthers wouldn't even properly represent them anymore b/c they no longer play in Miami. The Bank Atlantic Center is actually in Sunrise, FL which is a good half hour or more north of Miami on a traffic-free day.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

would think it would have to do with the form fitting jersey's.

FOR GOD'S SAKE people, only use apostrophes for possesion and contractions!!!! Not for plurals!!!! Sorry, that's my #1 pet peeve.

:shocked: look out world, the grammar police strike again!

worldchampsll1.png

FOR GOD'S SAKE people, only use apostrophes for possesion and contractions!!!! Not for plurals!!!! Sorry, that's my #1 pet peeve.

If people would learn basic grammar in the first place, there'd be no need for the grammar police.

1zgyd8w.jpg

In fact, "Carolina" doesn't even exist. Down with regionalized names!

:blink: ?!

The region known as the Carolinas does exist. Historically, it was one colony, until NC split from SC. The area is still known by that name, both regionally and nationally. Living in Charlotte, one would think you'd know that.

I agree that having 2 teams called "Carolina" that play in 2 different cities is confusing and should be changed. But as the largest city in the Carolinas (Charlotte) sits on the border between NC and SC, letting them use the name makes sense, as they draw fans from both states - just like the New York Giants. Unfortunately, that leaves Raleigh to be the Raleigh Hurricanes, which doesn't have as big a sweep as "Carolina" does. And the godawful "Raleigh-Durham" experiment has already failed on the sports scene, it's best left in the past.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If people would learn basic grammar in the first place, there'd be no need for the grammar police.

You know what I do know basic grammar. I made a typo; it's no big deal. I was probably thinking about something else when I typed it and thus made a silly mistake. I admit I don't proofread these because they are so short and informal. Mistakes happen and someone corrected me. There is no reason to jump in after that and say I don't know basic grammar because of one little mistake.

That's exactly how it should be, except the Devils would be the Newark Devils, since East Rutherford is where they play and that's a suburb (more like a little piece of swamp) of Newark. In fact, the Devs are looking to move to an arena in Newark. So yes, some of those names seem weird since you're not accustomed to them, but that's right, they should be the Denver Avalanche, and so on.

FloridaGators1.png

That's exactly how it should be, except the Devils would be the Newark Devils, since East Rutherford is where they play and that's a suburb (more like a little piece of swamp) of Newark. In fact, the Devs are looking to move to an arena in Newark. So yes, some of those names seem weird since you're not accustomed to them, but that's right, they should be the Denver Avalanche, and so on.

Actually, East Rutherford is a suburb of New York. It's closer to Manhattan than Newark. Although the team is building a new arena in Newark. Newark doesn't really have it's own suburbs they all are suburbs of New York as NY is the bigger city that more people commute to for work.

The team will stay New Jersey, though.

Archived