Official NFL "Youre' Fired!" Thread

nsentv

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it very difficult to believe that Sherman (or Tice) will get NFL head coaching jobs within the next several years. Tice can maybe earn his way back by having success at the coordinator level (he never served in that capacity.) Either way, next season is out of the question for both. How do you sell your fans on a bright new future when you are bringing either of these guys in to run your program? That's not good marketing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are reports saying Ferentz is on the top of Thompsons HC list for Green Bay, but I am hoping for Jim Bates to be promoted. Mooch? No way, please. Maybe as an offensive coordinator but Head Coach??

Im happy and kind of disapointed with this decision. I think its the final nail in the coffin for Favre's decision and Shermy wasnt that bad of a coach, but he just didnt get it done, and I think its time for a new era and a new coach is needed to ring it in.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Judging from the performance of Larry "I can't teach my own NFL players how to tackle" Marmie's defense compared to Lovie Smith's, I'm sure the Rams wish he hadn't left too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I definatley was calling for Lovie to have Martz's job before Lovie was lured away by someone else, but oh well.

It is definatley time for the Rams to clean house. I'd like to see a defensive minded coach come in with a strong offensive coordinator hired. And let's hope they finally stop overlooking special teams.

I'm not sure he's the top candidate, but I know the Rams asked permission to talk to the Bears D-coord. Ron Rivera I believe it is. Also, Vitt is unlikely to be interviewed for the job, and they don't plan on looking at the college ranks.

Oddly enough, I think the Rams are the best job. IF the Rams clean house completely in terms of coaches, the front office can bring in a guy they'll get along with, and that guy will have lots of offensive talent at his disposal, and a decent set of draft picks to rebuild the defense.

Archived