Official NFL "Youre' Fired!" Thread

nsentv

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I hate to see a coach go after he came back from such an awful situation as his heart being enlarged (or something along those lines).

But, there is a side of me (My biased Seahawk fanboy side, of course) that is just happy to see that whack job get canned in St. Louis. Trust me, his Lambs have been THE thorn in Seattle's side since moving to the West in '02.

Haslett did pretty good considering the circumstances this season in New Orleans, but I was hearing he wanted out anyways.

Leinart will get drafted, the Saints will move to L.A., everything will be just fine in the longrun.

6uXNWAo.png

The Redskins cant prevent a coordenator from becoming a head coach elsewhere and if a job opens and WIlliams is offered it he will take it.

Nope, he's not going anywhere.

FOXSports.com has learned that Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has signed a record-breaking contract for an assistant to prevent him from interviewing for a head coaching post elsewhere. Sources close to Williams said early Tuesday that Williams agreed to a new three-year deal worth nearly $8 million, well above the financial terms for any coordinator in the NFL.

Williams also agreed not to interview for any head coaching openings this off-season but, according to the source, it doesn't preclude him from taking a gig next year.

Yes Williams had a pretty disasterous run in Buffalo.

Now he is defensive genius again like he was in Tennessee when Buffalo hired him.

I expect he will wait for Gibbs to get tired of being head coach.

A couple of million and year is pretty good for an assistant. I think he learned his lesson about leaving a good situation when he took the Bills job.

The word is that Marv Levy is going to be the GM of the Bills

I bet he brings Haslett in to coach.

Yes Williams had a pretty disasterous run in Buffalo.

Now he is defensive genius again like he was in Tennessee when Buffalo hired him.

I expect he will wait for Gibbs to get tired of being head coach.

My guess would be that Williams is Gibbs's heir apparent and that this contract was extended with the understanding that he will have the opportunity to assume the head coaching position once Gibbs retires again.

The Bills have fired GM Tom Donahoe and O-Coordinator Tom Clements.

D-Coordinator Jerry Gray is front-runner for the Texans HC job.

Owner Ralph Wilson and their new GM, to be named in a few days, will decide the fate of Mike Mularkey. Hopefully they can him too.

WFAN (NY) and WHB(KC) report Herman Edwards to KC may be a done deal with an annoucement comming as soon as tomorrow.

Also the Jets have called to meet with Jim Hazlett.

I thought the Jets weren't giving him permission to visit with KC. :cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

The Bills have fired GM Tom Donahoe and O-Coordinator Tom Clements.

D-Coordinator Jerry Gray is front-runner for the Texans HC job.

Owner Ralph Wilson and their new GM, to be named in a few days, will decide the fate of Mike Mularkey. Hopefully they can him too.

Ralph Wilson Jr held a press conference @2:30 -(Donahoe Fired or "Let Go")

and held another @6:00 (Mularkey stays :evil: )

2 Press Conferences 3 and a half hours apart?

Reports said that Marv Levy flew into Buffalo at 4:30 or so. I thought this press conference would announce Marv would become our GM

Hopefully he will become GM not a consultant or anything

(OC)Tom Clements is not officially fired

Mularkey was told by a reporter that Clements told him that he was fired

Mularkey said "OK"

Then he said that he would address this Tomorrow?

Ralph Wilson Jr. Press Conferences

NEW-1-5-06-18:00

BILLS HIRE LEVY

LEVY HIRED as VP of FB Operations AKA - GM

GREY RESIGNS

Not a real credible source but i belive him.

I am friends with Jerry Greys son. He is my age and goes to my school

(Orchard Park High School) He said his father met with Wilson yesterday

and Grey resigned. Grey is heading to Houston Jan 5 for an interview.

Presumably he will be hired as a Head Coach in Houston or some other place.

saBS.png

Houstons's list of candidates is as follows.

1. Broncos offensive cordinator Gary Kubiak...Houston native, almost had the Texans HC job in 2001 but Capers was chosen instead for his previous experience with building an expansion team. Broncos OC for 11 seasons. Owner Bob Mcnair loves him for the job he has done with Elway and recently Plummer as well as what he has done with running backs in Denver (Hello, Reggie Bush) He is the leading candidate for the Texans HC. Barring a disasterous interview, the job should be his this time. He will Interview on Friday 1/6

2. Iwoa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz. If Kubiak doesnt get the job, it is widely known that Ferentz would be second in line. Reports out of Houston say that the Texans have lined up an interview with him. Date unknown.

3. Jerry Grey

4. Al Johnson

5 Soctt Linehan (sp?)

NYCdog.png

Archived