Brewers blast from the past

Gothamite

That is the best uniform era ever for the Brewers. I wish they still had that look...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That is the best uniform era ever for the Brewers. I wish they still had that look...

Really? I don't miss those at all. I think the font was a little tortured. I much prefer the classics or the current set to the mid-90s uniforms.

I'd tend to agree. Although I was never much of a fan of the "crossed bats" logo, the wordmark and cap were perfect.

I loved the reflection of the city's architecture found in that wordmark. It was one of the few designs that actually reflected something specific about a club's home city without having to include an actual landmark in it.

The only problem I have with the new Sunday alts is the wordmark - I think it's too generic to become the new main uniform, which I very much want.

That is the best uniform era ever for the Brewers.  I wish they still had that look...

I'd tend to agree. Although I was never much of a fan of the "crossed bats" logo, the wordmark and cap were perfect.

I loved the reflection of the city's architecture found in that wordmark. It was one of the few designs that actually reflected something specific about a club's home city without having to include an actual landmark in it.

The only problem I have with the new Sunday alts is the wordmark - I think it's too generic to become the new main uniform, which I very much want.

You know, I wouldn't have thought the Brewers 94-99 identity was so bad if they would have just combined certain elements of the 94-96 style (thin piping, gray that had a slight greenish tint) with the 97-99 cap/wordmark logos.

QPR%20Sig.png

That is the best uniform era ever for the Brewers.  I wish they still had that look...

I agree. The jerseys (especially the grey road) were tremendous as was the "M" cap. The crossed bats logo was not very nice. And for the first couple of years, they wore a horrible "MB" cap. Once they dumped that they had great unis.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No. They toned down the green considerably - piping on the away was changed from green to blue, the road cap was changed from green bill to all blue, and the road gray was changed from a greenish gray to a blueish gray.

They also removed most of the green from the jackets and dugout apparel. It remained in the logo, and as an outline on the letters and numbers.

Archived