MLL expansion teams

brianphilly

Actually, it's www.majorleaguelacrosse.com, not mll.com.

Of the 4 expansion teams, I would say that the Outlaws is by far the nicest logo, although I don't like how the "bull horns" point in opposite directions. It looks nice visually, but doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The Riptide's logo apparantly was a third-grade contest winner or something. Interesting idea... poor execution. Chicago=bland. Looks like the kind of clip art that has accompanied Madden's "custom team" logos for the past decade. SF's logo looks interesting, but I'd like to see a larger version of it. The Dragon and colors is enough to remind me of the Sacremento Kings (mideaval kings battling dragons... that's how I made that connection).

568.gif

569.gif

570.gif

571.gif

I would also say that the New Jersey Pride definately have the strongest design. I personally also think that my hometown Rattlers is a poor choice of team name. I mean, we might have a rattlesnake at our zoo, but other than that, you'd have to hop on a plane to find one. Not to mention that the logo isn't that great either. The "rattle" sucks, and I don't get it... is the middle of the snake made of a lacrosse stick?

njpride_banner.jpg

top.jpg

Of the 4 expansion teams, I would say that the Outlaws is by far the nicest logo, although I don't like how the "bull horns" point in opposite directions. It looks nice visually, but doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The Riptide's logo apparantly was a third-grade contest winner or something. Interesting idea... poor execution. Chicago=bland. Looks like the kind of clip art that has accompanied Madden's "custom team" logos for the past decade. SF's logo looks interesting, but I'd like to see a larger version of it. The Dragon and colors is enough to remind me of the Sacremento Kings (mideaval kings battling dragons... that's how I made that connection).

568.gif

569.gif

570.gif

571.gif

I would also say that the New Jersey Pride definately have the strongest design. I personally also think that my hometown Rattlers is a poor choice of team name. I mean, we might have a rattlesnake at our zoo, but other than that, you'd have to hop on a plane to find one. Not to mention that the logo isn't that great either. The "rattle" sucks, and I don't get it... is the middle of the snake made of a lacrosse stick?

njpride_banner.jpg

top.jpg

Uh, the "bull horns" are barbed wire...

nav-logo.png

568.gif

569.gif

570.gif

571.gif

njpride_banner.jpg

top.jpg

Uh, the "bull horns" are barbed wire...

Uh... I don't think it's barbed wire... its a different color from the orange barb, and the ends have those black tips, which the orange wire does not have, therefore, leaving me to the conclusion that they aren't the same. Therefore, the appear most like bull horns.

As a fellow Rochesterian, I must agree with you that the Rattlers look ridiculous, along with every other sports franchise in the city not named the Americans. It seems like every Rochester team is not only cursed with a stupid name (Raging Rhinos, Rattlers, RazorSharks), but also equally awfully looking uniforms. The Red Wings redesign from a few years ago looks more like a chicken wing franchise than a baseball team, and all of the above-mentioned teams (adding the Knighthawks -- another stupid name) all look mostly dumb.

But do behold the beauty of the Rochester Americans:

Rochester_americans_200x200.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've always wondered why the shield is at an angle. Is there any explanation beyond "that is how it has always been"?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've always wondered why the shield is at an angle. Is there any explanation beyond "that is how it has always been"?

Cold, windy, lake-effect winters in Rochester. That's my guess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

To my fellow Rochestarian, you are right that our local team names/logos generally suck... I mean, what's up with the Redwings logo having a bird sitting with his legs crossed on a baseball? That has to be the most pathetic idea that was ever created. I will say that the Rhinos is a good name, but poor/trite logo. The Knighthawks logo would be better if it weren't purple and teal. The Amerks is by far the best and most classic. I loved those unis from a few years ago with the red and white stripes.

RochesterRedWings_100.png

Rochester_Raging_Rhinos.jpg

roch.gif

amerksplayer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hey I like the MLL sigs. Anyone have a baltimore bayhawks one? I work for them so it would be cool thanks!

They look like they are just cut-and-pastes of the banners from the teams' websites. You can probably just link to the Bayhawks' website in you sig.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived