NFL Team you love to hate

ninersdd

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Colts, mostly because of Peyton Manning. His smug confidence and his overall hick idiocy make me just despise him, and that's completely outside the fact that I'm a big Titans fan.

I also can't stand the Raiders, the Steelers, the Redskins and the Cowboys.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cowboys, because any team who claims to be America's team deserves what's coming to them.

Most Cowboy fans I know despise that term, Including me.

I'm obviously anti division rivals: Eagles, 'Skins and Giants. The Packers have always annoyed me to for some reason too.

newsig.jpg

I find it weird that the Colts and Patriots hate each other more now than they did when they were AFC East rivals. And on that note, my least favorite team is the Steelers followed closely by the defending defending champs. Jacksonville holds firmly at 3rd.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I hate the Chiefs and Raiders.  But the Broncos own them both, so I don't really care too much.  The Raiders just flat out can't beat us (Last year excluded), and the Chiefs can't even hang within 20 of us in Denver.  Then every time we're poised to win in KC, there's some bull :censored: that allows KC to squeak out a win (ex. 3 missed block in the back calls on a Dante Hall game winning kick return for a TD, or the penalty on Lynch this year).  I actually wanted the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs so we could possibly get a chance to embarass 'em in Invesco Field yet again.  Not to mention, the fans.  Raiders fans are incredible idiots, the type that call into Radio shows under the name Bonesaw or something ridiculously stupid, but amazingly, Chiefs fans are worse -- because they're want to be Raiders fans (minus the halloween costumes), and they also call into radio shows under names like Bonesaw and other ridiculously stupid things -- atleast that was the case when the local sports talk stationdid a thing with a KC Station before the game in Arrowhead.

We want to BE Raiders fans? What do you mean by that

What I'm saying is that, if you listen to Sports talk radio in Denver, you get intelligent conversation by people who call in under names like 'Jim' or 'Brian' or something normal. In my experience, as well as my friend who lived in Kansas over the summer, of listening to it, you get people calling in under the name 'Buzzsaw' or something stupid like that. They sound an awful lot like Raiders fans to me (smarter, but similar delivery, for lack of a better term), and we all know how ignorant the Raiders fans sound.

IUe6Hvh.png

I honestly don?t hate any team anymore. I used to. The kind of all-consuming obsession that at various times was directed at the Bears, the Vikings, the Cowboys, the Broncos or whomever.

I just don?t have the time or the energy anymore. But there is one team I just can?t find anything good to say about.

That would be:

The Vikings ? Before Denver went 0-3 and Buffalo went 0-4, these clowns lost four of their own Superbowls. I can?t stand their colors. I can?t stand that they are a black and blue division team that plays indoors. I revel in the fact that the ?98 team choked and were the best ever regular season team to NOT make the Superbowl. Of course, by now, their antics on and off the field are like a highlight reel of ineptitude and I ?almost? feel sorry for their fans. Not really though.

In fact, that is pretty much what it?s come down to. Even on teams I am honor-bound to hate, there are individuals I respect, history I admire, moments I enjoy just as a football fan. The rage-o-meter really only flares up at things their FANS say to me. I?ve come to realize the players are just doing a job like me or you. They don?t care. But Lord the fans?Grrrr. I think it?s pathetic that the Cowboys are ?America?s Team? only when they are winning. While I?m admittedly jealous of the Pats current run, I find it amusing that a perennial doormat franchise could get so uppity so quickly. But then I forget it?s near Boston and it all makes sense. I laugh at Nuevo Bucs fans who I can only assume came out of the closet post-creamsicle cause I never saw them before. I smile at the Bears fans who think their team is going anywhere this season. I pity teams like the Chiefs and Steelers who?ve been teasing the idea of being great for 20 years but find a way to screw it up without fail. It?s not that I hate these teams, it?s that I feel sorry for them for not being Packer fans. It?s easy. I didn?t choose this. I was born into it. But I feel very privileged to have been so and not have to justify my fandom based on current or prior events. I mean, the SB trophy is named after us. Most titles in league history. The names, the lore. Poor poor everybody else.

But within that animosity is, like I said, a great admiration for guys like Payton, Butkus, Singletary, Belichick, Brady and so on.

I dunno. I guess the simple way to put it is I hate whomever crushed my teams title hopes most recently. So it?s sometimes the Rams, sometimes the Falcons, sometimes the Vikes. Lately, it?s the Packers themselves.

Such is the agony of a sports fan.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm obligated to say Packers, but the rivalry isn't about hatred to the sane fan anymore. Its just a fun game where you get to see your crazy relatives from the North (or South). You don't hate them, but you make fun of htem when they aren't around.

Really, I don't like the Patriots. Sure its a success thing, but I think its more the fans. 5 years ago I respected the hell out of the fans of the Red Sox and Patriots for what they went though. Hell, I even rooted for those teams on occation, sometimes claiming the Red Sox as my AL team. But once they won (both teams) the fans turned into some kind of annoying know-everything monster. Both teams were everywhere on TV and the oversaturation of the New England teams was rediculous. God help us all if the Celtics or Bruins ever win.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Colts, mostly because of Peyton Manning. His smug confidence and his overall hick idiocy make me just despise him, and that's completely outside the fact that I'm a big Titans fan.

I also can't stand the Raiders, the Steelers, the Redskins and the Cowboys.

"His overall hick idiocy" :D:D:D:D:D

That's classic. I love it.

spikes.jpg

I smile at the Bears fans who think their team is going anywhere this season.

Keep smiling, bright boy. ^_^

:P HA!

I know. I know. Look at me over here smiling with my four wins, fifth pick, no coach and maybe no QB. Weeee!

They've (The Bank One Bears) have a decent shot to make it as far as the Superbowl. But they'd have to really play above and beyond anything we've seen so far this year in order to do so.

And my goodness, I don't know how any of the NFC teams could handle New England or Indy....

I suppose, a stumble by either of them though, and it becomes more wide open.

I just wanted to push your buttons.

I still hold that it feels too much like '01 to me to get too excited though.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I hate the Chiefs and Raiders.  But the Broncos own them both, so I don't really care too much.  The Raiders just flat out can't beat us (Last year excluded), and the Chiefs can't even hang within 20 of us in Denver.  Then every time we're poised to win in KC, there's some bull :censored: that allows KC to squeak out a win (ex. 3 missed block in the back calls on a Dante Hall game winning kick return for a TD, or the penalty on Lynch this year).  I actually wanted the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs so we could possibly get a chance to embarass 'em in Invesco Field yet again.  Not to mention, the fans.  Raiders fans are incredible idiots, the type that call into Radio shows under the name Bonesaw or something ridiculously stupid, but amazingly, Chiefs fans are worse -- because they're want to be Raiders fans (minus the halloween costumes), and they also call into radio shows under names like Bonesaw and other ridiculously stupid things -- atleast that was the case when the local sports talk stationdid a thing with a KC Station before the game in Arrowhead.

We want to BE Raiders fans? What do you mean by that

What I'm saying is that, if you listen to Sports talk radio in Denver, you get intelligent conversation by people who call in under names like 'Jim' or 'Brian' or something normal. In my experience, as well as my friend who lived in Kansas over the summer, of listening to it, you get people calling in under the name 'Buzzsaw' or something stupid like that. They sound an awful lot like Raiders fans to me (smarter, but similar delivery, for lack of a better term), and we all know how ignorant the Raiders fans sound.

Weird, I've never heard that. But let's just agree we can both hate the Raiders without a problem ^_^

(Probably the only thing Chiefs and Broncos fans can agree on)

I dunno, maybe it's just the Broncos that brings it out in 'em. I've only listened to KC talk radio for all of 10 minutes through a mutual thing with AM 950 the Fan in Denver, and every caller reminded me of Raiders fans. I listen to a lot of National Sports radio, but never hear too much about the Chiefs, so I don't know if it it's the case with the majority of 'em

IUe6Hvh.png

First and foremost the Raiders. There's nothing good about the team colors, uniform, logo, owner, front office staff, ushers, ticket takers, coaches, players, fans, stadium, the City of Oakland, neighboring cities or even the wastes of God's effort fans that still root on the team from Los Angeles. I went to school with a lot of Raiders fans and I can honestly tell you that yes, they breath in the same air we do and YES they do exhale a mixture of methane and sulpher.

The Cowboys are horrific but on the other end of the spectrum. They're like those fundamentalist christians that just go around pissing people off. They don't want to save your soul. They just want to remind you that they're saved and your not. Well Cowboy fans, how have you enjoyed the last 10 years? I've enjoyed them just fine thank you.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I absolutely despise the Raiders, but in a way that makes me feel sorry for them. They're like that tacky 40 guy you know. He thought he was the :censored: 20 years ago, but now he's past his prime and doesn't even know it. He unsuccessfully hits on 20 year old girls and doesn't know that they laugh at him after he leaves. He can't stop living in the past, and his future is nowhere to be found. That doesn't stop him from talking :censored:, of course, and he's become a parody of himself.

The Raiders are the uncle from Napolean Dynamite... but with an Al Davis style track suit.

As for the Chiefs, I love the rivalry. I hate the team because I'm born to it. I laugh at all of the wheat growing, BBQ munching, degenerates who like the team. I like watching Dick Vermiel cry (which happens a lot). I like watching that bitch-ass traitor Eddie Kennison get knocked out every time he comes over the middle. I love pointing out every block in the back on the infamous kick return by Dante Hall. I want to punch him in the face every time he does his "X-factor" hand signal. I love how the Colorado State Patrol swarms to the Colorado/Kansas border to catch speeders with Misourri and Kansas licence plates on game weekends. I love how they falter every single time they're in a must win situation. I love that Arrowhead is falling apart and I love how the Broncos run a clinic on them every time they come to Denver. I honor the memories of Steve Atwater knocking Christian Okoye flat on his ass and John Elway schooling them on the final drive on that Monday Night Football game years ago.

The only thing that keeps me from pittying them is the fact that they seem to pull out a win every time we play them on the road. Rarely the better team, they always seem to steal that game, and that keeps it as a real rivalry. And I love it.

NFL

1-Dolphins- Can't stand Ricky & Jimmy Johnson

2-Patriots- Can't stand Brady

3-Cowboys- 2 Superbowls, Jerry Jones, & Drew Bledsoe

4-Giants- See Cowboys -1

5-Redskins- See Cowboys -1

MLB

1-Yankees

2-Yankees

3-Yankees

4-Red Sox

5-Yankees

saBS.png

I hate the Steelers more than any other team, by far.  Usually I can find one guy on a team that I don't mind watching.  But, I just hate the Steelers, I hate everything associated with the Steelers...their fans, coach, players.  Actually, there is ONE person associated with the Steelers that I like, but he's gone now.  Myron Cope is one of the funniest radio announcers I've listened to.  But, still... I can't wait to knock their sorry a**es outta the playoffs Sunday and maybe Hines Ward will wipe that stupid smile off his face and cry for us again

20050124DSsteelershines_450.jpg

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Ah, a Bungles fan.<_<

seriously, good luck

But im not afraid to assure you that next you wont be saying "who dey" youll be saying "who were dey". If we lose, go ahead, rub it in. Ive taken it many times before.

Oh, and if you did some resarch, he was crying over Jerome Bettis's retiring speech that week! Several players were upset about it, and at least hes man enough to show his emotions. :oops:

Also, to all you browns fans that say "we beat you before. You did nothing before the 70's." That was then, this is now. Who ruined your christmas this year when they KILLED you 41-0?

oBIgzrL.png

Archived