NFL Team you love to hate

ninersdd

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Dallas Cowboys - I have hated the Cowboys since before St. Louis even aquired the Rams and I'm too young to remember the STL Cardinals football years. Basically I can't stand the arrogance of Jerry Jones and I loved to see their Glory years come to an end. However I was a fan of Troy Aikman, great quarterback.

2. New England Patriots - Yes there are still sour grapes in STL about Super Bowl XXXVI, but now its become more of a USC hatred thing. I'm tired of them winning all the time and pulling games out of their A$$ with last second field goals. Most of all I can't stand that Michigan scum, GAP model, metrosexual pretty boy of a quarterback Tom Brady. Somebody needs to put him on his A$$ for good.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

i think i can respect the eagles as a franchise again now that T.O. is gone.

i think i hate the packers and broncos most. green bay because they ALWAYS made the playoffs and beat the bears out for the division. well, most of the time anyway, until this year :D .

i hate denver for much of the same; they always seem to stand in the way of a chiefs division title/playoff birth, with the exception of 2003 and i think 1998 or thereabouts.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

Also, to all you browns fans that say "we beat you before. You did nothing before the 70's."

And haven't won anything since.

Neither have the browns.

they havent even had a super bowl appearence scince before it was the nfl.

and if you had read the rest of my post, that was then this is now.

oBIgzrL.png

Neither have the browns.

they havent even had a super bowl appearence scince before it was the nfl.

and if you had read the rest of my post, that was then this is now.

Last I checked both the Browns & the Steelers have won 4 NFL championships each. And since neither team has won another in over a generation neither of us should be bragging about ancient history. I'm not very worried about your Steelers ending their championship drought this year. But if they manage to win 3 road games to get to the super bowl and win it they'll get my respect then. But we all know that's not going to happen.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Teams I hate and why

Steelers: Their fans think that they are god's gift to the NFL, the greatest thing since the remote control, and newsflash this isn't 1979 and your team has done nothing but lose big games since then. I mean 4 out of 5 losses at home in the AFC championship since 94. Come on. And why can't you put a sticker on the other side of that helmet. That annoys me to no end.

Browns: Idiot fans. Simple as that, and being in columbus I have to deal with more of them than the average Bengals fan.

Jailbirds: Did I say jailbirds, I meant Ravens. The defense is a shell of its former self, not even good anymore, but they and every analyst still act like this is the same D from 2000. I guess the only reasons I hate them is because first, they were the team that moved from Cleveland and I had to hear every browns fan bitch about it, and second because they are in the same division. On the other hand they do make good Cleveland Browns trash talk fodder. "At least my favorite team never moved and then won the super bowl you guys never could 5 years later."

Cowboys: America's team? Maybe if you change the name of Dallas, Texas to America, Texas. There are 31 other NFL cities. How about Dallas' team.

49ers: they ruined my childhood, right now I am basking in how awful they are.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Teams I hate and why

Steelers: Their fans think that they are god's gift to the NFL, the greatest thing since the remote control, and newsflash this isn't 1979 and your team has done nothing but lose big games since then. I mean 4 out of 5 losses at home in the AFC championship since 94. Come on. And why can't you put a sticker on the other side of that helmet. That annoys me to no end.

Browns: Idiot fans. Simple as that, and being in columbus I have to deal with more of them than the average Bengals fan.

Jailbirds: Did I say jailbirds, I meant Ravens. The defense is a shell of its former self, not even good anymore, but they and every analyst still act like this is the same D from 2000. I guess the only reasons I hate them is because first, they were the team that moved from Cleveland and I had to hear every browns fan bitch about it, and second because they are in the same division. On the other hand they do make good Cleveland Browns trash talk fodder. "At least my favorite team never moved and then won the super bowl you guys never could 5 years later."

Cowboys: America's team? Maybe if you change the name of Dallas, Texas to America, Texas. There are 31 other NFL cities. How about Dallas' team.

Cle-4 NFL titles

Pgh-4 NFL titles

Bal-1 NFL title (more if you want to count the ones the Colt won when they played there)

Dal-5 NFL titles

S.F.-5 NFLtitles

Cin-0 titles - Until you win something shut up.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Teams I hate and why

Cle-4 NFL titles

Pgh-4 NFL titles

Bal-1 NFL title (more if you want to count the ones the Colt won when they played there)

Dal-5 NFL titles

S.F.-5 NFLtitles

Cin-0 titles - Until you win something shut up.

They've got a better shot than the Browns (at least in the near future)

And your current franchise has won absolutely nothing, zip, zero, nada...

(I know the NFL gave you the old Browns history officially in the process of bending far, far over backwards to you guys, but that team history and those titles are rightfully Baltimore's and they are as far as I am concerned.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

(I know the NFL gave you the old Browns history officially in the process of bending far, far over backwards to you guys, but that team history and those titles are rightfully Baltimore's and they are as far as I am concerned.)

Spoken like a fan of a stolen team.

Spoken like a fan of a stolen team.

You throw "stolen" around a lot, like it demeans fanhood in some way. It's not my fault the St. Louis ownership group fell apart in the 1993 expansion season.

Just to give some perspective, the following NFL teams are "stolen" AFAIK

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans

Oakland Raiders

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

Baltimore Ravens

San Diego Chargers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Washington Redskins

Kansas City Chiefs

Philadelphia Eagles

More than a third of the league plays in cities that were not the original location of the franchise. Are all of those fans inferior because the teams were, in your words, "stolen?"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived