NFL Team you love to hate

ninersdd

Cle-4 NFL titles

Ok Browns fan. At the time when your team won those 4 NFL championships there were 14 teams in the league. That is almost equivalent to the number of teams in each conference now, actually there are more teams in each conference now. So winning your conference in this day and age is the same as winning the NFL title was then. Since 1968, the bengals inception, the browns have not won their conference, the bengals have won it twice. and who said that just because a team has won more championships than my favorite team that I can't still dislike them, that has nothing to do with it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and id like every bengals fan to see this

DanceDance.gif

also i have a story for you guys...

Four football fans go rock climbing one afternoon, a Bengals fan, a Browns fan, a Steelers fan, and a Ravens fan. They had been arguing all the way up the mountain about who among them was the most "die-hard" fan.

Upon reaching the top of the mountain, the Ravens fan proclaimed to the other four...

"This is for the Baltimore Ravens!" and promptly threw himself off the mountain as a form of sacrifice.

Not to be outdone by a Ravens fan, the Bengals fan

jumped up and said... "This is for the Cincinnati Bengals!" and then threw himself off the mountain again as a form of sacrifice.

Refusing to be outdone by the Ravens and Bengals fans, the Steelers fan rose to his feet and yelled at the top of his lungs "This is for the Pittsburgh Steelers!" and without any hesitation, pushed the Browns fan off the mountain.

and last but not least...

im done talking trash to all those "steelers haters" out there.

Ok, so you have a joke that can be applied to any team in any sport, a video with edited pictures and pictures from the game you beat us and even some from the game where we beat you. I could just as easily do the same thing for the steelers. Here wasn't even hard.

bitchben.png

simmons.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

So winning your conference in this day and age is the same as winning the NFL title was then.

You have every right to hate any team you want. But winning a conference title in NOT just like winning a NFL title. No matter how many teams are in a league.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Just to give some perspective, the following NFL teams are "stolen"

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans

Oakland Raiders

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

Baltimore Ravens

San Diego Chargers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Washington Redskins

Kansas City Chiefs

Philadelphia Eagles

All those teams moved because of a lack of fan support except the Oakland Raiders & the Cleveland Browns. No fan support = no money. Modell & Davis raped their rabid fan base and ran. I still can't believe the fan base in Oakland would let that ass clown Davis to come back to town to screw them a 2nd time. Cleveland would have never have taken Modell back.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

So winning your conference in this day and age is the same as winning the NFL title was then.

You have every right to hate any team you want. But winning a conference title is NOT just like winning a NFL title. No matter how many teams are in a league.

how so, there were 14 teams in the whole NFL during your last title in 1964 not to mention all the teams and players in the AFL. In 1988, the bengals last AFC championship, there were 14 teams in the AFC and 14 in the NFC. Explain to me how that is not the same thing. Same number of teams, the bengals had to win a 'championship' game, they were given a trophy and a ring. How is that not the same thing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You have every right to hate any team you want. But winning a conference title is NOT just like winning a NFL title. No matter how many teams are in a league.

how so, there were 14 teams in the whole NFL during your last title in 1964 not to mention all the teams and players in the AFL. In 1988, the bengals last AFC championship, there were 14 teams in the AFC and 14 in the NFC. Explain to me how that is not the same thing. Same number of teams, the bengals had to win a 'championship' game. How is that not the same thing.

Your right nobody talks about the all time great NFL teams.

Who ever talks about the

1950's Browns

1960's Packers

1970's Steelers

1980's 49ers

1990's Cowboys

2000's Patriots

The best teams everybody talks about are the ones who lose the Championships.

I want to be just like the

1970's Vikings

1980's Broncos

1990's Bills

I can hear the chants now

We're #2, We're #2

Coming in 2nd is not the same as winning a Championship!!!

Just to give some perspective, the following NFL teams are "stolen"

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans

Oakland Raiders

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

Baltimore Ravens

San Diego Chargers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Washington Redskins

Kansas City Chiefs

Philadelphia Eagles

All those teams moved because of a lack of fan support except the Oakland Raiders & the Cleveland Browns. No fan support = no money. Modell & Davis raped their rabid fan base and ran. I still can't believe the fan base in Oakland would let that ass clown Davis to come back to town to screw them a 2nd time. Cleveland would have never have taken Modell back.

All of them? Soo you're saying Cleveland didn't always have good fans, because the Rams originally played in Cleveland (won a NFL title too, their last season there) before moving to Los Angeles.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

how so, there were 14 teams in the whole NFL during your last title in 1964 not to mention all the teams and players in the AFL. In 1988, the bengals last AFC championship, there were 14 teams in the AFC and 14 in the NFC. Explain to me how that is not the same thing. Same number of teams, the bengals had to win a 'championship' game. How is that not the same thing.

Who ever talks about the

1950's Browns

1960's Packers

1970's Steelers

1980's 49ers

1990's Cowboys

2000's Patriots

1970's Vikings

1980's Broncos

1990's Bills

We're #2, We're #2

The afc championship is a championship. The difference between then and now is that after you win your conference you then have another game to play. What I am saying is that because there are just as many teams in each conference now as there were teams in the entire NFL in 1964, winning the conference is equivalent to what was winning the NFL title back then. Whether or not that team goes on to win the super bowl has nothing to do with what we're arguing about.

and if you want to get into it even further, I could say that since the bengals inception in 1968 they have been to the super bowl twice, and the browns have not. But these two organizations right now bear no resemblance to the two that had successes in the past, not the browns of the 80's, bengals of the 80's, and certainly not the browns of the 60's, neither organization has done anything since 1990, so it doesn't even matter.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just to give some perspective, the following NFL teams are "stolen" AFAIK

Philadelphia Eagles

More than a third of the league plays in cities that were not the original location of the franchise. Are all of those fans inferior because the teams were, in your words, "stolen?"

Check that.

The Eagles started as the Frankford Yellow Jackets. Frankford is a neighborhood in the extreme northeastern part of Philadelphia. That team went bankrupt in 1931 during the Great Depression. The NFL regarded that team as dormant. In 1933, Bert Bell and Lud Wray, who co-owned the Yellow Jackets, paid $2500 to reactivate the NFL's Philadelphia franchise. The team name, colors, and roster were entirely different; virtually no players from the '31 Yellow Jackets played on the first Eagles team in 1933. In fact, the NFL considers them to be two separate franchises despite having the same owners and playing in the same city.

So scratch the Eagles off your "stolen teams" list.

As for teams I love to hate...

1./1a./1b. Cowboys/Giants/Redskins. NFC East hatred, baby. Plain and simple.

2./2a./2b. Falcons/Panthers/Buccaneers. This is recent, but there's bad blood brewing, and I am all for it. The NFC South has finally started playing decent football, to the point that they're officially dislikable.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

All of them?  Soo you're saying Cleveland didn't always have good fans, because the Rams originally played in Cleveland (won a NFL title too, their last season there) before moving to Los Angeles.

The Rams moved because they didn't want to compete for fans against Paul Browns new AAFC team the Claveland Browns. Paul Brown was a god in Ohio because of his Ohio State teams.

Who ever talks about the

1950's Browns

1960's Packers

1970's Steelers

1980's 49ers

1990's Cowboys

2000's Patriots

1970's Vikings

1980's Broncos

1990's Bills

We're #2, We're #2

The afc championship is a championship. The difference between then and now is that after you win your conference you then have another game to play. What I am saying is that because there are just as many teams in each conference now as there were teams in the entire NFL in 1964, winning the conference is equivalent to what was winning the NFL title back then. Whether or not that team goes on to win the super bowl has nothing to do with what we're arguing about.

and if you want to get into it even further, I could say that since the bengals inception in 1968 they have been to the super bowl twice, and the browns have not. But these two organizations right now bear no resemblance to the two that had successes in the past, not the browns of the 80's, bengals of the 80's, and certainly not the browns of the 60's, neither organization has done anything since 1990, so it doesn't even matter.

The NFL is ONE league. That means there can only be one league champion. The only exception I'd make is Super Bowl I thru IV when the Champions of 2 separate leagues (the AFL & the NFL) played each other. When the 1970 merger between the 2 leagues made them 1 the Super Bowl then became the NFL title game. Again a conference championship does not = a league championship.

Check that.

The Eagles started as the Frankford Yellow Jackets. Frankford is a neighborhood in the extreme northeastern part of Philadelphia. That team went bankrupt in 1931 during the Great Depression. The NFL regarded that team as dormant. In 1933, Bert Bell and Lud Wray, who co-owned the Yellow Jackets, paid $2500 to reactivate the NFL's Philadelphia franchise. The team name, colors, and roster were entirely different; virtually no players from the '31 Yellow Jackets played on the first Eagles team in 1933. In fact, the NFL considers them to be two separate franchises despite having the same owners and playing in the same city.

So scratch the Eagles off your "stolen teams" list.

As for teams I love to hate...

1./1a./1b. Cowboys/Giants/Redskins. NFC East hatred, baby. Plain and simple.

2./2a./2b. Falcons/Panthers/Buccaneers. This is recent, but there's bad blood brewing, and I am all for it. The NFC South has finally started playing decent football, to the point that they're officially dislikable.

oops, sorry, didn't realize the NFL considers them two separate franchises.

The Rams moved because they didn't want to compete for fans against Paul Browns new AAFC team the Claveland Browns. Paul Brown was a god in Ohio because of his Ohio State teams.

So the defending NFL champions moved to Los Angeles because they were "afraid" of Paul Brown's upstart team in a league that hadn't even played a down at the time of the Rams move. Riiiiight...

The Rams got approval to move less than a month after the end of the 1945 NFL season; the Browns were founded in 1946 (likely after the move was announced).

and I actually kind of agree with mac2-winning a Conference Championship in the Super Bowl Era NFL is akin to winning a league title pre-merger in terms of difficulty. (maybe even harder when you consider the expanded playoff format of today's NFL)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So the defending NFL champions moved to Los Angeles because they were "afraid" of Paul Brown's upstart team in a league that hadn't even played a down at the time of the Rams move.  Riiiiight...

The Rams got approval to move less than a month after the end of the 1945 NFL season; the Browns were founded in 1946 (likely after the move was announced).

I could care less if you believe it or not but it is the reason the Rams left Cleveland.

Also less then a month after the end of the 1945 season would be January 1946. The Rams knew the Browns were coming and left town.

So the defending NFL champions moved to Los Angeles because they were "afraid" of Paul Brown's upstart team in a league that hadn't even played a down at the time of the Rams move.  Riiiiight...

I could care less if you believe it or not but it is the reason the Rams left Cleveland.

Also less then a month after the end of the 1945 season would be January 1946. The Rams knew the Browns were coming and left town.

I'm still finding that hard to believe-especially when you see what happened every other time an AAFC team went toe-to-toe with a NFL team. (Hint, the AAFC team lost.)

Sadly I can't back up my beliefs with dates since I do not possess newspapers from the time, don't want to try to dig that stuff up in a newspaper, and the internet is sadly lacking on the subject matter.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm still finding that hard to believe-especially when you see what happened every other time an AAFC team went toe-to-toe with a NFL team. (Hint, the AAFC team lost.)

Sadly I can't back up my beliefs with dates since I do not possess newspapers from the time, don't want to try to dig that stuff up in a newspaper, and the internet is sadly lacking on the subject matter.

Let me try to explain this to you. This is not the NFL of today. In 1946 there was no big fat network contract or revenue sharing. So you made your money at the gate. Back then NCAA football was king over pro football, and Paul Brown was a god in Ohio. So it's easy to see why the Rams would chose to leave Cleveland in 1946 than go head to head for Clevelands football dollars.

Also this AAFC you claim was so inferior, the NFL took in 3 of it's teams in 1950. All that inferior Cleveland Browns team did was win all 4 AAFC championships & then win the 1950 NFL championship. In it's first year in the league.

Enough said!!!

Ok, you know what? I give. You will never agree with me and I won't agree with you and I don't want to spend a bunch of time doing research that will most likely be ignored.

Cleveland was the only market that had a team cruelly ripped from legions of supporting fans and they are the best fans in the world and should never have been treated in that manner. :upside:

Today, we are all otaku.

As a Chargers fan I'm inclined to hate the Denver Broncos and the Kansas City Chiefs for divisional reasons. Honestly though, my hatred for them stops there.

Now the Oakland Raiders...there's a team I hate, and the divisional reasons only scratch the surface. Al Davis. Now that's a scum bag, and an idiot too. He could have had LA all to himself, but he passes it up. Then he has the balls to claim that he still has LA's territorial rights.

He then decides to sue the Bucs (after getting beaten by them in the SB), claiming only the Raiders can have a logo with two crossed swaords. He also sues the Panthers for having simular colours. Al Davis- the NFL's biggest scum bag.

Other then that, I really only hate two teams:

New York Giants- Just because of Eli Manning. We got the better of him this season though :P

Cleveland Browns- It's not the team I hate, it's the fans. They still whine about how Art Modell "stole" their team from them, when they've recieved the best treatment of any city that lost a sports team. The leauge promises to fund a new stadium for them, and promises to give them a new team in 4 years. Wish the NHL would look into those kind of deals. Then they ripped the ORIGINAL Browns of their history and identity and gave it to a :censored: expansion team! Cleveland was treated the best way possible, and only had to wait 4 years to get NFL football back. Yet they still whine. STFU ALREADY!

As far as I'm concerned, the history of the pre-1995 Browns belongs to the Baltimore Ravens. That means the Ravens have 5 NFL titles, Jim Brown played for the team that is today known as the Ravens, and the current Cleveland team has 0 titles, and one playoff appreance, which they lost.

Archived