Quark's new logo - similarities in graphic design!

Jigga

Great article about logo design and similarities in graphic industry. Check out that 600.000$ NBC logo and exactly the same 100$ ETV logo. It is not uncommon to design similiar logotypes although the designer have never seen the original logo. But similiarities in the case of some big brands cost so much it is ridiculous.Check it out...

http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/23415.html

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think its a rather clever bit of marketing....I mean legally it will hard for them to have any ramifications considering it's just a Q they are using but it does get people talking about them....as they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

CIDesignSig.png

I read that article yesterday and then today I noticed that my eMachinces desktop has that exact design around the front microphone and headphone jacks. Hell I think there even might be one that is that color green since they are all pastel shades.

I hope they didn't spend very much money on this logo because I don't know if I would want to do business with a company that wasted a ton of money on a logo that someone probably slapped on my desktop as an afterthought. It would make me wonder what else they are wasting money on...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived