JAX Jaguars logo

VitaminD

I don't watch a lot of Jags games, but when I was watching the Jags/Pats Wild Card game tonight, I noticed that the teal tongue no longer appeared on the Jags' logo. I thought at first it was covered by a chinstrap or was smeared off the helmet from repeated contact, but it's gone even from the punter's helmet. And I didn't see it on the cap worn by Jack Del Rio on the sideline, or on the logo on the pants.

Is this new? Are they trying to completely eradicated teal from the look, or is this some unifying motivational tool for the playoffs?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I keep looking really close and it looks like you're right. I don't see the tongue. It looks pretty cool on the helmet, but I'm not sure why they did that.

EDIT: Just read the above post. Are you sure, nugent4president? It looks like it's gone...

No it's still there, it's just a very dark teal.

Must be a lot darker than it used to be. It used to be clear to see without question; now we're all unsure with many eyes watching.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

After an exhaustive search, this picture of Leftwich shows it conclusively - the tongue is still there, but it's as dark as teal could possibly be.

On their Web site, they sell an authentic helmet where the tongue is as dark as the one we saw last night on the field. But the replica helmet still shows a much brighter teal tongue. And their Web site and media guide and primarily teal, which is strange for a team that's obviously downplaying using it. Like I said before, I don't follow Jacksonville enough, so I have no idea when this happened. Anybody know?

jax4.jpg

2007nleastchamps.png

I don't follow Jacksonville enough, so I have no idea when this happened.  Anybody know?

jax4.jpg

They switched to black numbers for the 2004 season. Sucks because their entire home uniform is teal, and then teal is nowhere to be found on the roads. I actually like the teal jersey with the black pants, I just wish they wouldn't wear black socks with it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They switched to black numbers for the 2004 season. Sucks because their entire home uniform is teal, and then teal is nowhere to be found on the roads.

They changed the tongue when they changed the numbers on the white jerseys to black (although the 2nd outline is still teal - barely - IIRC)?

But like you said, they still wear teal jerseys at home - do the jerseys match the new darker tongue?

2007nleastchamps.png

According to the Style Guide, the Teal has been the same since the Jaguars came into the NFL. However, the initial Teal that was used in the prototypes was a bit lighter. Once the team actually took the field though, they used the same Teal that they still use today.

There are a couple of issues here...let's review the colors, shall we?:

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_2005_SOL.jpg

You'll notice that there are TWO different Golds...one that's used in the uniforms (a flat Gold), and a metallic Gold that's only used in the helmet logo decal.

Now, in the actual fabric colors, the resulting Gold is quite a bit lighter:

JacksonvilleJaguars_FRC_2005_TEX.jpg

I think that the issue with the helmet decal, and the Teal looking so dark has to do with lighting, and the fact that the Teal is completely surrounded by Black. Here's the Jags' helmet - using the optimized RGB values:

JacksonvilleJaguars_HS_2002-9999_SOL.jpg

The way the Teal is displayed in the logo makes it LOOK darker than it is.

Oh - and with the numbers...yes, the road numbers are a triple tackle twill, and include a Teal outline:

JacksonvilleJaguars_NumberSample_2002-9999_SOL.jpg

I never noticed the helmet logo tongue, but I did ask myself a few times if the teal outline was still on the uniform numbers. I honestly couldn't see it. Are they thinner now or gone all together?

See my post right above yours...

:wacko:

I never noticed the helmet logo tongue, but I did ask myself a few times if the teal outline was still on the uniform numbers.  I honestly couldn't see it.  Are they thinner now or gone all together?

See my post right above yours...

:wacko:

I saw your post...informative as ever. I meant I couldn't make it out on television, where in the past I could easily.

newsig.jpg

I saw your post...informative as ever. I meant I couldn't make it out on television, where in the past I could easily.

Those number samples are taken from the official Jaguars' number graphics.

I probably should have mentioned that.

Archived