Red wings 3rd

umlegend

Does anyone else think the Red Wings need a 3rd?  They talked about black forever but don't want to tarnish tradition.  Well, my idea is to take the retro jersey from the NHL 75th Anniversary season and reverse the colors.  

Could someone make such a jersey with a Red Wing logo on each shoulder?  Another major chance would be that the striping would need to only be on the front and sleeves.  It was too hard to read the numbers with the striping on the back.  A possible variation would also be to use the team script of Detroit on it instead of the regular font on the retro.  

Thanks.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I've been saying they should use the retro jersey as a third for awhile now.  I started doing a reverse of the colors for a concept but I thought it just didn't look right, especially compared to the original.  If they're going to have a third (which I doubt, 'cause they redesigned the black fashion jerseys for 2001-02 and that would have been the perfect time to release them as thirds), they should just use the throwback in its current form.  The Leafs still have a predominantly white 3rd, no reason the Wings can't.

What's RC's swoop design?  Does anyone have it on file, like maybe RC?  What about a jersey with an old English D similar to the one on Yzerfan's crest logo?  They used that in the past if I remember correctly.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

• LMU locked this topic

Archived