Bowl Game Fields

SFCOM1

Here is a project I did while awaiting the big games this bowl season

I did the Fiesta and Rose Bowl fields as seen last week. I did not have the proper font for the numbers on the Rose Bowl (so if anyone knows that font, please let me know!)

Enjoy

SFCOM1

Fiesta

fiesta4ru.th.png]Fiesta Bowl

Rose

rose5lp.th.png]Rose Bowl

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I don't know the Rose Bowl yard marker font, but Texas's font for the end zone is closer to Rockwell than the Varsity Block you used. And IIRC, USC's letters weren't red on a red background. Were they white? Gold? Either way, I don't think they were red on red. But that aside, these look great - nice work, great idea!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

On the USC endzone. I was looking at the ESPN broadcast and it looked red on red i'll recheck the pic to see if I reversed it. On Norte Dame. The font came off the ND Athletics website. That was the lettering used at Sun Devil Stadium (As ND goes with no end zone markings except for the diagonal lines!) :P

I am trying to do the Orange and Sugar, but having a hard time geting a good looking Orange Bowl Logo. The Sugars was a bit weak this year as it was in the Georgia Dome and the end zones where just lettered in a block font!. No background colors!

Sfcom1

I don't know the Rose Bowl yard marker font, but Texas's font for the end zone is closer to Rockwell than the Varsity Block you used. And IIRC, USC's letters weren't red on a red background. Were they white? Gold? Either way, I don't think they were red on red. But that aside, these look great - nice work, great idea!

I think USC's letters were solid yellow/gold for the Rose Bowl. And if you want to get really technical, I believe the banners at the top and bottom stretched further.

i think he's got the usc lettering and color correct, but the national championship banner was definitely larger on the field. i remember noticing that while watching the game that it extended across the 40 yd line on each side.

After looking at some pictures from previous USC bowl games, they almost have always gone with a solid gold/yellow "USC" in the endzone and I am almost 99% sure it was that way this year also. I could be wrong, but...............

Thanks much for the coments.

I have noticed the errors in the Rose bowl field art. One the lettering on "USC" is in the wrong font and should be Gold with a white border. I also have changed the "TEXAS" font and resized the BSC (BS in IMHO) logos as suggested on my model at home. One other thing I noticed is that the "Rose Bowl Game is larger and is a full half circle agound the Rose. And the "National Championship" is an inverted banner (the original orintation must not have fit the field).

On the Fiesta. I have double checked the logos and lettering. The endzones are correct with the limitations of my software, but the "Tostito's" on the 20's are going to be updated with the newer logo designed for the snack's packages!

I'll post the updates when complete!

sfcom1

Archived