Tfaq

hockeygator

Maybe a section with members pet peeves...

those who hate certain colors

those who love and need consistency

those who hate AOC's

traditionalists

modenists

whatever-looks-good-ists

Overboard? Maybe...

Also our interests, i.e. long walks on the beach, likes to cuddle.

-What we look for in a woman/man.

-our other hobbies.

-how would we discribe our soul mate

:P

...and a section that attempts to explain Discrimihater and his (ahem) unique style ...although you might need more than a section...

I'm just messing with you Discrim... you know I've got love for the crazy stuff nobody dares to do but everybody wishes they could. :;):

i know...

i think we'd just need a glossary of board terminology and helpful links :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

is there a paticular reason that hyperlinks don't link?  (in refrence to #9 on the TFAQ)

some work, others don't. is it from the hosts' site or from the bulletin board?  copy and paste is not too difficult, but seems redundant if it can be an easy fix.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

is there a paticular reason that hyperlinks don't link?  (in refrence to #9 on the TFAQ)

some work, others don't. is it from the hosts' site or from the bulletin board?  copy and paste is not too difficult, but seems redundant if it can be an easy fix.

Yes, the companies don't like remote hosting.  It eats up their bandwidth without people seeing their advertisements.  Copy and Pasting is a way around this issue.

Another way around this issue is for the designer to put the images  into an HTML file instead of just linking an image.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

is there a paticular reason that hyperlinks don't link? (in refrence to #9 on the TFAQ)

some work, others don't. is it from the hosts' site or from the bulletin board? copy and paste is not too difficult, but seems redundant if it can be an easy fix.

Yes, the companies don't like remote hosting. It eats up their bandwidth without people seeing their advertisements. Copy and Pasting is a way around this issue.

Another way around this issue is for the designer to put the images into an HTML file instead of just linking an image.

But if you do that on yahoo, it tends to screw up the image, so if your on yahoo, the best thing to do is just tell us to copy and paste to the image.

thanks for clearing that up.

STL do you update your sig after each game? what's with the "5 for 35" on the scoreboard?

Currently I'm unable to update it, but yes, I have been updating it either during or after each game. Currently it reads the score of the Blues and Canucks game. Blues-2 Refs-3. What bullcrap that game was...

Anyway, here in St. Louis when the Blues score 5 or more goals, we get 35 cent tacos at Taco Bell the next day. The Taco Bell logos/numbers, are near exact representations of lit signs that are at the Blues arena, Savvis Center. With each goal, the number of that goal replaces a Taco Bell logo.

A notice to all new board members.

We have recently experienced an unprecedented influx of new members. Please make yourself at home. However we ask that you be respectful of the board by reading through the TFAQ linked-to above, and running board searches for answers to the many questions or comments you likely have in advance of posting them new.

Also, please be patient with us. Unfortunately occasional sarcastic remarks and rude responses have been known to rear their ugly head when all-to-often answered questions or dealt-with topics arise. Please do not feel singled out or insulted. Many of these can be attributed to the growing pains we as a board are experiencing. We are not trying to excuse disrespectful behavior, but we are trying to make your transition from a newbie to a well-respected board member a little smoother.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Quote (joel_fiasco @ Oct. 17 2003,09:02)

there should be a 'kennebunkport' type word in the tfaq, similar to what the sle had, just so the admins can make sure people read the tfaq before registering!

I would do that if I knew how to

I hope i'm not overstepping my bounds here, but maybe if you or your moderators really wanted to do this, you could do what the SSUR board does, and clear new members. Make whatever kind of check you want, then ask a question about it. The question has to be correctly answered when you submit your request to join the board. If it is, then you are in.

Just a thought. Thanks!

Archived