Do You Ever Get Agrivated At....

bhambruiser

Wow. I'm the first from the Philadelphia area to get a crack at this one.

Absolutely, unequivocally YES.

I'm the first to defend my teams, and 98% of the fans that support our local teams passionately and intelligently. Unfortunately, it's the lunatic fringe that ruins it for all of us. It's the drunks who get oiled up every Sunday looking to commit felony assault in the name of "cheering for the home team", or throw batteries at J.D. Drew to teach him a lesson. And these are the jacka$$es who wind up on the radar of the national media. They're the reason we had a court beneath Veterans Stadium. They're the reason that know-nothing announcers still dredge up the booing of Santa Claus, and event that occurred in 19-frickin'-72. I've seen beer bottles thrown on fields/rinks/courts in many cities in North America, but were it to happen in Philadelphia, ESPN would have a week-long referendum on it, and their taking heads would blather on about how bad we all are.

We're not all that bad. Most of us are normal people who desperately want to see a team parade down Broad Street with a trophy. And I like that it messes with other people's heads... a little bit. But I can't :censored: stand most of the :censored: who make the rest of us look boorish and thuggish.

And for the record, Clinton Portis's momma is my favorite NFL mom for slugging the drunk woman who poured beer on her right in the face. Well played, ma'am.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the one thing that pisses me off the most about UConn fans is their complete lack of school pride, and I mean both the fans and the students. Seriously, nobody ever wears blue and white to any of the games, and that's just as much as a fault of the individuals as it is the athletic marketing for not giving the students shirts or the opportunity to buy them. For one of the top basketball teams in the nation, the students do not support their team and they always wear whatever to the game, which is suprising considering other successful teams (Maryland, Indiana, even Duke for cryin' out loud) have student sections that are packed in their team's colors.

That's what aggrivates me. Our school just lacks passion. For a team that wins so much and is so successful, nobody give's a damn about the teams.

I hate when I'm pwning a sens fan, then some other leaf fan comes in and screws it all up  :hockeysmiley:

Hey man, I start most of the arguments with those Sens fans! I don't screw them up, I help in the pwnage! Its as easy to crush a Sens fan as it is an ant, well, I mean they both posess the same sized brain. :rolleyes:

I never said your name!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

What a great topic.

I am so fed up with Cleveland sports fans that there are times I seriously consider changing to some other teams. Somewhere along the way Cleveland fans went from being some of the most knowledgeable in sports to a bunch of whining idiots. We have taken on the same sense of entitlement that made Red Sox fans so annoying to many people. We act as if a world championship is somehow our birthright. And like Red Sox fans we don't seem to see our teams for what they really are. This is especially true for Browns fans.

It's really embarassing. Browns fans are constantly calling for someone to be fired, traded, or benched. They seem to have lost any grip on reality. They act as if before the Browns moved in 1995 that we were playing for a Super Bowl every season and they can't understand why the new Browns aren't like the old Browns. What they fail to see is that the new Browns are almost exactly like the old Browns. The old Browns had a great run for four seasons from 85-89, one division title in 1980 and one playoff appearance in 1994. Other than that it's been a bunch of .500 to sub .500 seasons. The big question this year was why they didn't win more than 6 games with the talent they had. Anyone, including "old Browns" fans would know that the real question is how on earth did they manage to win 6 games with the talent they have. Romeo Crennel manages to win 6 games with some of the worst talent in the NFL and these yahoos around here are saying he should be fired. Hell he should be coach of the year!

Indians fans are some of the worst frontrunners I have ever seen. Another case of not seeing the team for what they really are. That team came out of nowhere last year to win 93 games. This was after they were picked my most experts to win maybe 75-80 games. So do Indians fans say "hey we had a great season?" Nope they want to fire the manager, trade all the pitching for some bats, and run GM Mark Shapiro out of town on a rail. All because we came up few games short in running down the eventual world champions after trailing them by 15 games in late July. These are the same Indians fans who were putting 12,000 people a game in the seats almost all season long.

Cavs fans are already grumbling because LeBron hasn't won 3 straight titles all by himself.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I used to wear my Cleveland fan status like a badge of honor. Not so much anymore.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. I'm the first from the Philadelphia area to get a crack at this one.

Absolutely, unequivocally YES.

I'm the first to defend my teams, and 98% of the fans that support our local teams passionately and intelligently. Unfortunately, it's the lunatic fringe that ruins it for all of us. It's the drunks who get oiled up every Sunday looking to commit felony assault in the name of "cheering for the home team", or throw batteries at J.D. Drew to teach him a lesson. And these are the jacka$$es who wind up on the radar of the national media. They're the reason we had a court beneath Veterans Stadium. They're the reason that know-nothing announcers still dredge up the booing of Santa Claus, and event that occurred in 19-frickin'-72. I've seen beer bottles thrown on fields/rinks/courts in many cities in North America, but were it to happen in Philadelphia, ESPN would have a week-long referendum on it, and their taking heads would blather on about how bad we all are.

We're not all that bad. Most of us are normal people who desperately want to see a team parade down Broad Street with a trophy. And I like that it messes with other people's heads... a little bit. But I can't :censored: stand most of the :censored: who make the rest of us look boorish and thuggish.

And for the record, Clinton Portis's momma is my favorite NFL mom for slugging the drunk woman who poured beer on her right in the face. Well played, ma'am.

Remember the Phildelphia Blazers of the WHA in...1972? Now there were some angry fans if I dont say so myself. Throwing promotional orange pucks at the players...tsk tsk, and it wasn't just by the fringe fans. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am a devote, die hard Leafs fan, and NOTHING pisses me off more than most of the "fans" who post on the Official Maple Leafs Message Board. They are the most stupid, ignorant and...well...stupid people I have ever seen. Most dont seem to know anything about hockey, yet alone how the game works. Just looking at some of the titles of the topics angers me, and believe me, once you click those titles, you will feel like your brain is trying to kill itself. The Jays board is pretty bad, most of the people posting on it are 12, and also say some pretty stupid stuff. Just, if your a fan of a team, avoid the teams official message boards, otherwise you will feel ashamed people that post on there like the same team you do...

That's funny, I thought you were describing every Leaf fan. Leaf fans are ignorant about everything hockey other than the Leafs.

Points of ignorance:

-Cheering for icings.

-Saying "Tie Domi is such a great hockey player."

:D

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I am a devote, die hard Leafs fan, and NOTHING pisses me off more than most of the "fans" who post on the Official Maple Leafs Message Board. They are the most stupid, ignorant and...well...stupid people I have ever seen. Most dont seem to know anything about hockey, yet alone how the game works. Just looking at some of the titles of the topics angers me, and believe me, once you click those titles, you will feel like your brain is trying to kill itself. The Jays board is pretty bad, most of the people posting on it are 12, and also say some pretty stupid stuff. Just, if your a fan of a team, avoid the teams official message boards, otherwise you will feel ashamed people that post on there like the same team you do...

That's funny, I thought you were describing every Leaf fan. Leaf fans are ignorant about everything hockey other than the Leafs.

Points of ignorance:

-Cheering for icings.

Man, do you EVER STOP? Just accept your team sucks, and are NOTHING without Spezza and Alfredson. The Leafs, we are winning games without most of our roster, and with 2 players missing, your team is falling apart. Talk about depth, this shows which team has more of it. ^_^

Now time to wait for Chris's responce to your waste of a post, this should be fun...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Points of ignorance:

-Cheering for icings.

Man, do you EVER STOP? Just accept your team sucks, and are NOTHING without Spezza and Alfredson. The Leafs, we are winning games without most of our roster, and with 2 players missing, your team is falling apart. Talk about depth, this shows which team has more of it. ^_^

Now time to wait for Chris's responce to your waste of a post, this should be fun...

Who put the sand in your Vaseline? For the record, we're nothing without Spezza, Havlat and Redden. Your depth just got injured the other day in the name of McCabe.

Like I said, you can talk about the Leafs as much as you want and be a know-it-all. Then when it comes to a different aspect of hockey you're clueless.

The only reason you know so much about the Sens is cause they have so much of an effect on your beloved Leafs.

Oh wait I know who put sand in your Vaseline, it must have been the Ottawa Senators.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! :D

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Points of ignorance:

-Cheering for icings.

Who put the sand in your Vaseline? For the record, we're nothing without Spezza, Havlat and Redden. Your depth just got injured the other day in the name of McCabe.

Like I said, you can talk about the Leafs as much as you want and be a know-it-all. Then when it comes to a different aspect of hockey you're clueless.

The only reason you know so much about the Sens is cause they have so much of an effect on your beloved Leafs.

Oh wait I know who put sand in your Vaseline, it must have been the Ottawa Senators.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! :D

McCabe we can deal without, while sure he is our top scorer, we have those who can fill his void for the moment.

And Havlat is a factor in Ottawa? Last I checked, they wanna ship him out, but convinently, the injury bug had to bite, and alas, hes still in Ottawa. Alfredson is back, but hes playing injured, therefore while he may be on ice, he is not is usual self, and wont be until he properly heals, so he isnt much of a helpful factor.

I know more then you will credit me for, mainly because I speak the truth about your beloved sens. Its amazing how much sens fans dont want to hear the truth. I know Domi isnt the best player, I have never once said he was, he is an enforcer there to push pansy assed players like Alfredson around. And sure, we may cheer for icings, because those get us right beside your goalie and give us a chance to get the puck back to the point and get a quick shot off and potentially, givin we win the face off, get an extra goal.

While we might not possess the same flare the current sens do, we have more character on our team than goals your team can score as a whole. We are without Lindros, Antropov, Coliacavo, and for the meanwhile, McCabe, and for that recent strech, Allison and Steen were also out of comission, and we pulled of 6 straight wins. The sens, well, they couldn't do much when Alfredson was out, and they arent doing too much with him right now, as he is still injured.

Do yourself a favor, just give up now, your not going to win this argument, the Sens fans never do.

BTW, you might want to learn how to read, because this post is about YOUR OWN FANS, not the fans of teams who are superior to yours. I think you may be the perfect example of a fan the real sens fans are ashamed of. :rolleyes:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

This is a prime example of what makes a Leafs fan.

Ego and overconfidence gets in the way of logical thinking. :bonk:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This is a prime example of what makes a Leafs fan.

Ego and overconfidence gets in the way of logical thinking. :bonk:

Cant you catigorize every kind of sports fan in there? I mean, its just not us leafies, but every fan out there. Sure you have "true fans" and bandwagoners as well as the casual observers, but they all share this level of arrogance. Is it wrong for someone hoping their team will do well? No, thats what a fans job is, and if you arent doing this, then I guess you can't call yourself a fan. People bash leafs fans all the time, but if you want prime examples of arrogance, why not look at the loyal fans of the Chicago Cubs, and formerly, the Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox, are those fans wrong for being arrogant and having a level of over confidence for the last 80 odd years? If you wanna bash us, you might wanna bash them too.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Oh great, another thread hijacked by a rivalry that nobody south of the border cares about. Yeesh.

Anyways, I'm a diehard Cubs fan and am damn proud of it. However, too many people who go to Cubs games are there just to be "seen" and walk around during the entire game. Just echoing what ChicagoShawn said. Those dastards take valuable tickets away from real fans like me. They also drive up the market prices, both legal and illegal.

WATCH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!! You are getting in my way!

Now do you people see why I lost all interest in the Leafs in the first place?

No wonder the rest of Canada thinks we live in the center of the universe.

I must admit though, the only thing that's worse than a Leafs fan is a Senators fan, who'd rather cheer to see Toronto lose than for their own team to win.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I must admit though, the only thing that's worse than a Leafs fan is a Senators fan, who'd rather cheer to see Toronto lose than for their own team to win.

Agreed... I actually cheered for the Sens in the '03 playoffs vs Jersey just cause I wanted to see em get in there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I wish Michigan fans weren't wine and cheese, and actually cared a little bit. Buckeye fan PWN3D us in our own house.

I wish Pistons fans would be less redneck.

I wish Red Wings fans would, well, Red Wings fans are perfect.

I wish the Tigers had fans.

I am the Patriots fan in Michigan, and I am the bomb.

spikes.jpg

I once met a sports writer from Grand Rapids, Mich., named Howie. He said something I'll never forget: "I love sports...but I hate fans."

And he's right. I love the games, the players, the competition, the pageantry...all of it. But fans often find ways to ruin, or dampen, the experience. And they're pretty much the same everywhere you go. Something about the fanaticism makes rational people do and say some crazy things. One that used to get me all riled up was Wichita State University fans defending Ben Christensen. It was those internet arguments that made me step back and get away from "fan" message boards. Sometimes I don't like the person I become when I'm a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a sports fan and I still catch myself doing some of the things I hate, like referring to my favorite teams as "we." I'm just trying to get better.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Admirals fans ? Super nice. There just aren?t enough of them. Maybe 3K per game. Even when we won the Cup. Me and my friends all wore Moose gear (natch) to a game last year and people kept welcoming me to Milwaukee instead of booing me. It was cute. I?m like dude, I live 3 blocks away.

Packers fans ? I don?t need to detail their attributes. This fanbase has a love affair with its team and has supported them, literally in some cases when the franchise was in financial peril. The BS stock we ate up, the traveling so well to cities far and wide, the constant top 5 merch purchases?its all good. We can get annoying like any bunch of drunks or know it alls but on the whole a great and dedicated group. I used to get upset when I saw other teams do the Lambeau Leap, but now its flattering. And I noticed Cincy plays Rundgren after a score now too. Nice. We tend to run a lil red in the neck, are not complicated, and the cheesehead thing is so past over its not even funny. So its kind of embarrassing to hear our fanbase giving local news interviews with their high hair and mullets but whatever.

Brewers Fans ? Equally great. No ego or frontrunning cause you have to be 30+ to remember any good times. Weather is so lousy here the rest of the year that Brewers games = cookouts/block parties. I?d categorize them as loyal, but clearly yearning for some success. We do have the inferiority complex going on with Chicago and the Cubs but hey?

Bucks Fans ? I honestly don?t even know who these people are. I mean, I root for the Bucks to do well, but I don?t have a clear grasp of their fanbase. During that run in ?01 the BC was always hopping and boy was it loud. But I?ll say 20 of the 22 games or so I?ve been to have been a sit on your hands type deal.

I think to sum up, all the major Wisconsin fans (and I left out the Badgers but everyone knows how crazy good they are) are pretty sound. I think there is some level of Packer hangover that affects everyone else negatively. To pour that much energy into one franchise only naturally means the others get a little less love. But we haven?t had enough success to really stoke the fires for any other team either.

I promise you various fans of various Wisconsin teams can be just as vile, stupid, and annoying as any other. But on the whole this is a very rural state with very simple people. And that means generational fandom and undying support and a pretty clear understanding of the game. You don?t get a lot of the brashness you?d expect from Boston, Philly, NYC or Chitown. You get a place (at least in terms of Packers) where the pro games roots are dug in so deep that you can?t help but follow them.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Some of our student fans here at Troy can be pretty annoying. Whenever I go to get the ball from the crowd after a field goal, extra point, or practice kick, there is usually some idiot in the stands that thinks that he's John Elway and always throws the ball at me as hard as he could. What a jerk. <_<

my art teacher played football at Bowling Green in the late 90's. During a home game against Marshall they were walking out of the tunnel and most of the fans are yelling the N word at Randy Moss. He told me ever since then he has had this complete disgust and hatred with fans of any kind of team, even ones who cheered for him. And I guess I'm saying this because I agree with him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived