Do You Ever Get Agrivated At....

bhambruiser

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He said something I'll never forget: "I love sports...but I hate fans."

Oh brother....I've heard this a thousand times from other officials. Mainly in my basketball officiating circle. Fans should at least know the rules before the even think about heckling.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

McCabe we can deal without, while sure he is our top scorer, we have those who can fill his void for the moment.
And Havlat is a factor in Ottawa? Last I checked, they wanna ship him out, but convinently, the injury bug had to bite, and alas, hes still in Ottawa. Alfredson is back, but hes playing injured, therefore while he may be on ice, he is not is usual self, and wont be until he properly heals, so he isnt much of a helpful factor. 

Havlat has become a factor in Ottawa after he started producing THIS season. Yes, they did want to ship him out at the end of the last season, but he started to make near a point a game before his injury.

And sure, we may cheer for icings, because those get us right beside your goalie and give us a chance to get the puck back to the point and get a quick shot off and potentially, givin we win the face off, get an extra goal. 

You don't get it. ACC errupts when the Leafs ice the puck. Putting the face-off near your end.

While we might not possess the same flare the current sens do, we have more character on our team than goals your team can score as a whole. We are without Lindros, Antropov, Coliacavo, and for the meanwhile, McCabe, and for that recent strech, Allison and Steen were also out of comission, and we pulled of 6 straight wins. The sens, well, they couldn't do much when Alfredson was out, and they arent doing too much with him right now, as he is still injured.

He reason you have been winning is because Lindros and Allison are out. If Ken Klee was injured, Toronto would have a good team.

Do yourself a favor, just give up now, your not going to win this argument, the Sens fans never do.

Do you're self a favour and read a Canadian dictionary. Everyone else that isn't a Leaf or Senator fan wants this crap to go away. Shut up for once!

BTW, you might want to learn how to read, because this post is about YOUR OWN FANS, not the fans of teams who are superior to yours. I think you may be the perfect example of a fan the real sens fans are ashamed of.  :rolleyes:

Oh I can read, I'm just defending my stance as a fan. It's one thig to bad mouth people that you don't like cause you disagree with them, but you have not stated a single point to back up your view.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I wish Red Wings fans would, well, Red Wings fans are perfect.

You know that's not true. Unless you draw a line between the "real" fans and the damn bandwagon/puckbunny jackasses out there.

I associate "Red Wings Fans" with the people that were there when I was growing up, going to games in the late 80s, early 90s, who cared about the team before it became the "trendy" thing to do. I started watching the Wings in about 1987, and refuse to acknowledge any "Wings fan" who doesn't know who Gerard Gallant, Petr Klima, Jeff Sharples, Sam St. Laurent, Glen Hanlon, Paul MacLean, etc. were.

spikes.jpg

I started watching the Wings in about 1987, and refuse to acknowledge any "Wings fan" who doesn't know who Gerard Gallant, Petr Klima, Jeff Sharples, Sam St. Laurent, Glen Hanlon, Paul MacLean, etc. were.

Damn, I didn't remember Sharples or St. Laurent, but I cut anyone born in the '80s some slack on that kind of thing (I was 6 in 1987, I remember having all the Wings' hockey cards so I knew the players then but I can't remember all their names these days).

My list would have included Greg Stefan and Shawn Burr (although he's a bit easier since Mickey Redmond keeps bringing him up in reference to Dan Cleary now wearing #11).

My big thing is the Wings fans who don't know that they haven't always been the Red Wings, or fans of any "Original Six" team that doesn't know about the pre-Original Six era. You don't have to have been there for the teams entire history, you just have to know and respect it. Respect how bad the "Dead Things" era was and the recent success is that much sweeter.

You know that's not true. Unless you draw a line between the "real" fans and the damn bandwagon/puckbunny jackasses out there.

I associate "Red Wings Fans" with the people that were there when I was growing up, going to games in the late 80s, early 90s, who cared about the team before it became the "trendy" thing to do. I started watching the Wings in about 1987, and refuse to acknowledge any "Wings fan" who doesn't know who Gerard Gallant, Petr Klima, Jeff Sharples, Sam St. Laurent, Glen Hanlon, Paul MacLean, etc. were.

What no mention of Bob Probert? (yeah I know he had a little border trouble.) Petr Klima now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

BB52Big.jpg

I started watching the Wings in about 1987, and refuse to acknowledge any "Wings fan" who doesn't know who Gerard Gallant, Petr Klima, Jeff Sharples, Sam St. Laurent, Glen Hanlon, Paul MacLean, etc. were.

Damn, I didn't remember Sharples or St. Laurent, but I cut anyone born in the '80s some slack on that kind of thing (I was 6 in 1987, I remember having all the Wings' hockey cards so I knew the players then but I can't remember all their names these days).

My list would have included Greg Stefan and Shawn Burr (although he's a bit easier since Mickey Redmond keeps bringing him up in reference to Dan Cleary now wearing #11).

My big thing is the Wings fans who don't know that they haven't always been the Red Wings, or fans of any "Original Six" team that doesn't know about the pre-Original Six era. You don't have to have been there for the teams entire history, you just have to know and respect it. Respect how bad the "Dead Things" era was and the recent success is that much sweeter.

I was born in 1980, so when I really was able to follow and understand hockey, I knew ALL of the Wings. St. Laurent was the third goalie, and spent most of his time in Adirondack, but wore the old school goalie mask, so he was very recognizable. Man, I remember when the Wings would sign the goalies who stoned them in the playoffs. We had a nice stretch of getting guys like Allan Bester, Vince Riendeau, and then everyone's favorite, Alain Chevrier. I remember being excited when we got Miroslav Frycer from Toronto <_< and horrified when we traded Oates for Federko and McKegney. No matter how many cups they win, those Wings teams from the late 80s and early 90s will still be my favorite.

spikes.jpg

What no mention of Bob Probert? (yeah I know he had a little border trouble.) Petr Klima now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Nah, Probie's still a pretty big name here. My favorite memory of Probie was when Yzerman tore up his knee in 87-88 (in the same period he scored his 50th goal of the season!), Probie led the Wings in scoring in the playoffs. They lost to the Oilers in the conference finals, and Yzerman actually came back that series from the "career ending" injury. Probie was a very good player when he wanted to be, he just couldn't get his head straight.

spikes.jpg

As a Browns fan I hate that fat :censored: Big Dawg. That dude is the biggest :censored: loser. I wish he'd die!!!

I don't wish him any ill-will but I do agree with your sentiment. That clown hardly represents the typical Browns fan. He is an embarassment to us. How he became the spokesperson for Browns fans is beyond me. From what I hear he takes himself very seriously now and actually charges money to make appearances. And we wonder why The Browns are viewed as a laughing stock...

BB52Big.jpg

As a Browns fan I hate that fat :censored: Big Dawg. That dude is the biggest :censored: loser. I wish he'd die!!!

I don't wish him any ill-will but I do agree with your sentiment. That clown hardly represents the typical Browns fan. He is an embarassment to us. How he became the spokesperson for Browns fans is beyond me. From what I hear he takes himself very seriously now and actually charges money to make appearances. And we wonder why The Browns are viewed as a laughing stock...

Every team has their "Big Dog". And they all think they represent the team and its fan base. And they're all embarrassments, yet for some reason, the cameras love to plaster their mugs on the TV, which only exacerbates the problem.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... good topic...

Bucks Fans - Someone made a comment earlier that was on point. I blame the NBA owners for being so damn greed driven (the players make pennies compared to what these jackarses make) and driving ticket prices ridiculously out of the price range of the true fan. I'm just barely old enough to remember when the Bucks played at the MECCA (now US Cellular arena... :cursing: ), but I know the place used to get LOUD and HYPE. There's a reason why only the Celtics had a better home winning percentage than the Bucks while they played there. So its always been my theory that they Bucks fan base is at home watching the games on UPN and waiting for ticket prices to go down.

Brewers Fans - Nuttin' but love here... they'll treat you as well as you treat them, whether you're an owner (funny how attendance doubled almost immediatley after the team got rid of Sleazeig), fan or fan of the opposing team. They can get buck too... maybe not in a Phily/Oakland "we're gonna bust your ass just for rockin' the wrong colors" kind of way, but as a bunch of ChiSox fans found out in the late 80's/early 90's, they're not above smackin' you in the mouth if you get too disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating violence, but it's just as wrong to be a pushover.

Packers Fans - To me, the portrayal of Packers fans in the as being gentile and friendly is hilarious and sad because Green Bay is a whitebred colony full of rednecks, racists and gun-nuts. And for the most part, this is refelcted in the fan base. It wasn't such a problem when the Packers played at County Stadium (even though it made for a terrible place to watch a football game), but everytime I've gone to Lambeau either me or my girl has been mistaken as a players' relative (no wonder... Green Bay only has 12 Black people). And when I think of the pearls of wisdom I've picked up about my people when I go there such as there's a difference between Black people and n***ers and that apparently we forced all the white people to move up north 20 years ago... but I shouldn't be offended because apparently my girl and I are "some of the good ones." In short, these people live in the 1966... in more ways than one.

brew.png

Packers Fans - To me, the portrayal of Packers fans in the as being gentile and friendly is hilarious and sad because Green Bay is a whitebred colony full of rednecks, racists and gun-nuts. And for the most part, this is refelcted in the fan base. It wasn't such a problem when the Packers played at County Stadium (even though it made for a terrible place to watch a football game), but everytime I've gone to Lambeau either me or my girl has been mistaken as a players' relative (no wonder... Green Bay only has 12 Black people). And when I think of the pearls of wisdom I've picked up about my people when I go there such as there's a difference between Black people and n***ers and that apparently we forced all the white people to move up north 20 years ago... but I shouldn't be offended because apparently my girl and I are "some of the good ones." In short, these people live in the 1966... in more ways than one.

Yeah, my friend is a pretty big Packers fan. I also enjoy watching them when the Ravens are not on. Anyway, he went to Lambeau last season when they played the Cowboys. I was watching at home. The announcers were talking about how classy the fans were and how they welcomed fans from other teams. But my friend said that a Cowboys fan was cheering and a Packers fan yelled for him to shut up and threw a beer bottle at him. Thought that was pretty funny.

Anyway back on topic, Some Orioles fans really annoy me. It seems like they can find negativity in any move we make. They seem to think there is absoultley no hope. On on message boards, there was a topic on what players we thought would have breakout seasons this year. One poster picked, Jerry Hairston and Nate Spears. Both players we traded away. It seems like whenever the team makes any sort of improvement fans will say "it will hurt us in the future". With some fans our Front Office is damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Archived