Sizing Jerseys

ZBoyer

I've spent the last couple of days considering buying a couple of jerseys that have gone on sale at the local mall and was wondering what the general guidelines are for sizes. I know some styles are measured based on lengths and widths, but short of trying it on, I don't know exactly what size I would be.

I'm talking all sports here - baseball, basketball, football and hockey. I'm sure someone here could help me out.

Why the aversion to dressing rooms? I mean, if they're at the local mall, why not just try them on? This question is usually reserved for people who are mail-ordering jerseys, and can't try them on... If you're seriously going to spend the cash, the sales people won't mind you trying on every jersey in the store...

Moose

Well, it's just that this store has their jerseys all 30% off this week and has them all on racks behind the main counter. When I asked to see a couple the other day, the workers at the place started to give me an attitude about seeing everything they had. There aren't any dressing rooms, since it's a family-run kind of place in this little closet-sized store, or else I would have gone that route.

But I agree, I much would rather be able to try them on, and the guy shouldn't have had a problem with it if I'm going to be giving him the cash.

If they give you an attitude about trying on jerseys, just ask if they want to sell them or not? Explain that you plan to buy - not just look, and that you are undecided about what to purchase. As long as they understand that you actually plan to plunk down that cash, it shouldn't be a problem. If they still give you a hassle - go elsewhere... You can get stuff on-line for 30% off many times with much less grief from some dope behind a counter. Besides - it's not like you're going to buy one without trying it on, right? Good luck.

Moose

There aren't any dressing rooms, since it's a family-run kind of place in this little closet-sized store, or else I would have gone that route.

Maybe you shouldn't buy from them. Sounds like the kind of store that would be sending money to fund al-Qaeda.(if you know what I mean.)

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

There aren't any dressing rooms, since it's a family-run kind of place in this little closet-sized store, or else I would have gone that route.

Maybe you shouldn't buy from them. Sounds like the kind of store that would be sending money to fund al-Qaeda.(if you know what I mean.)

so bad - yet so funny! :D

Hockey jersey sizing 101;

In general hockey works like this;

Medium = 44

Large = 48

XLarge = 52

XXL = 56

I wear a size large t-shirt and a size large hockey jersey and I can get by with an XL just fine if I need to.

As for the employee attitudes, screw them! Perhaps you should ask if there is another time when it woud be better for you to come back when someone who gives a :censored: will be there.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived