M & F Differences in Unis at Colleges

kmw_29

I have noticed that the Tennessee women's basketball team wears uniforms that obviously feature orange, but use an accent of light blue. The men's team, uses black as their accent color. I was wondering where else do differences exist between the sexes in terms of uniforms, colors, logos, etc in sports? Obviously there are team name differences (i.e. Lady Vols).

2004-05%20Basketball%20Time%20Cover%20A.jpg

UNC's men's hoops uses Berthold City for its lettering/numbering and has argyle panels on the sides of the jerseys. The women use a more standard Varsity Block (Nike version) and have three stripes (two thick separated by one thin) on the side panels (they used to have paisley).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Iowa and Georgia have slightly different logos between men's and women's teams.

Harvard, in the 70s, had all of its men's teams wearing crimson, white, and black. The university had its female teams, representing Radcliffe College, wear black and white. By the late 80s, only the rugby and crew teams were named Radcliffe and sported black.

The only other thing I can think of is in Walpole, Mass., where every sports team at the school is orange and blue, but the field hockey team is blue and light blue (we went over this earlier).

odd thing I'd noticed when I was at UW Whitewater, all the varsity teams and most of the club teams wore purple and white, sometimes adding silver and/or black. however, the rugby club wears kelly green and royal blue. quite the contrast.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Around 2003 or so, UConn started making separate brands/identities for its basketball and football teams, including different logos and, naturally, different jerseys. While the colors remain the same, there are distinct differences:

Men's Jersey Style:

rudy_2004_12_05.jpg

Women's Jersey Style:

6125728_4a8e975f3b.jpg

The silver stripe there is only a crescent on the right side of the jersey and the whole blue section isn't straight across, but rather continues downward at around a 20 degree angle.

For comparison, here are the men's basketball and football logos. I couldn't find a good one of the women's logo, but it's an italicized C in the football style, similar to the one on Ann's jersey:

T_13101.019.jpg

FootballTickets2.jpg

There's a lot of examples of this kind of thing, but two come to mind right away:

New Mexico State U.: Men's teams are the "Aggies" - colors are Crimson and White, while the women's teams are the "Roadrunners" - colors are Cardinal, White, and Columbia Blue.

U. of Arkansas-Monticello: Men's teams are called the "Weevils" (they used to be the "Boll Weevils"), while the women's teams are the "Cotton Blossoms".

I got me a million examples of these things...

There's a lot of examples of this kind of thing, but two come to mind right away:

New Mexico State U.: Men's teams are the "Aggies" - colors are Crimson and White, while the women's teams are the "Roadrunners" - colors are Cardinal, White, and Columbia Blue.

U. of Arkansas-Monticello: Men's teams are called the "Weevils" (they used to be the "Boll Weevils"), while the women's teams are the "Cotton Blossoms".

Another obvious example of this is that USC women's sports teams are not Trojans, but Women of Troy

Another obvious example of this is that USC women's sports teams are not Trojans, but Women of Troy

Actually, that's just an alternative name used by the media, e.g. Bronx Bombers. I've heard the men's teams called the Men of Troy.

Arkansas Tech's men's teams are the Wonder Boys, its women's teams the Golden Suns. Southeast Missouri State's men are the Indians, their women the Otahkians; though that might be changing. Then there's the McGill Redmen and Martlets in Montreal.

Women's Jersey Style:

6125728_4a8e975f3b.jpg

The silver stripe there is only a crescent on the right side of the jersey and the whole blue section isn't straight across, but rather continues downward at around a 20 degree angle.

Those are incredibly stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nickname. Their uniforms have the Trojans wordmark.

87350.jpeg

spikes.jpg

Actually, that's just an alternative name used by the media, e.g. Bronx Bombers. I've heard the men's teams called the Men of Troy.

Arkansas Tech's men's teams are the Wonder Boys, its women's teams the Golden Suns. Southeast Missouri State's men are the Indians, their women the Otahkians; though that might be changing. Then there's the McGill Redmen and Martlets in Montreal.

Another one for the list: Central Missouri State's men's teams are called the Mules, their women's teams are called the Jennies.

QPR%20Sig.png

In regards to Southeast Missouri State - they've changed their names (I believe men's and women's) to Redhawks.

Archived