Favorite Sports show

bucskick20

Faves...

TV: It WAS NHL2Night (damn you ESPN :cursing: ), but now I'd have to say it's a toss-up between NFL Primetime & College Gameday Final.

Radio: Mike & Mike in the Morning (ESPN), Michael Kay (ESPN 1050 NYC), More On Sports (The Team 1200 Ottawa--I can pick it up clear as a fluffing bell here in Connecticut :lol: )

Least Faves...

TV: SportsCenter, Cold Pizza

Radio: Fat Mike Francesa and the Angry Neutered Puppy on the FAN in NYC. God, they're annoying. Also up there on the "switch the dial immediately" list are Colin Cowherd & Dan Patrick on ESPN...Cowherd's an idiot...Patrick's show was MUCH better when Dibble was on there...once they canned Dibbs, it was over...and bringing back Olberdork? Sorry, but I don't feel like revisiting 1995 :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanna get it out there that there are two sports show broadcasters/regulars that I can not stand watching or listening to. Those two are Skip Bayless and Sean Salisbury.

Sean lost me when he said "I would rather have Reggie Bush than Peyton Manning, right now, on my team."

My favorite is Inside the NBA. EJ, Kenny and Charles are simply the best.

I used to like PTI, but I stopped liking Wilbon (even though I agree with him on a lot of things). Around the Horn is the worst show I've ever seen. No offense to those who like it, but watching it for more than five minutes is like torture for me. I would watch Baseball Tonight, but I can't stand Karl Ravech.

Sean lost me when he said "I would rather have Reggie Bush than Peyton Manning, right now, on my teeth."

Sean Salisbury wouldn't know football if Peyton Manning hit him in the face with one (since he obviously can't hit one in the hands). Some of the things he says on Sportscenter are asinine.

Skip Bayless just pulls comments out of his ass without thinking. Woody Paige is better because he makes dumb comments as well, but he plans them out, so they actually have comic relief. Skip's just dumb.

Favorite: ESPNews. All the scores and top stories given within 30 minutes, and none of that drama crap SportsCenter works up each night to shove down our throats each night. Some people just don't give a crap about Shaq and Kobe, the Indianapolis Colts, or Yankees-Red Sox.

PTI seems to be a big favorite! its my favorite too. but why? just wilbon and kornheiser? or they way they do it? i dunno i think all those othere shows are boring but PTI rocks.

You reminded me of a poll I set up a few months back. PTI won huge over the other ESPN afternoon shows.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=386063

6uXNWAo.png

i used to like around the horn in its first incarnation, that being points scored equaled face time for all the columnists and max kellerman. after kellerman left, i couldn't stand statboy running things. i, max in its first few incarnations when it was max vs. the world was brutally hilarious with all the smack they laid out. then fox had to fix things a few weeks in and every few weeks afterwards which killed the show. currently there is no sportstalk show i have to watch on tv. they all suck. the best sports channel sadly is espnews because its the highlights without any of the needless pointless filler that is polluting sportscenter for the last 8 or 9 years. remember when the 6 pm sportscenter felt more like the national network evening news? i do.

as for radio, the best is jim rome, and its because of his non-sports takes and the old tony bruno morning extravaganza on fsr. now i hear that the show no longer exists after tony left. hmm, wonder why...

if anyone knows where i can hear tony somewhere in the louisville, ky area let me know.

Around the Horn is a fun watch. PTI isn't bad, but I dislike how they're both from the same newspaper and have certain biases.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived