Devils to get new Arena

KevinMcD

I don't care what they don't do to their uniforms, the New Jersey Devils will never be the Montreal Canadiens. They are a bunch of goons in a swamp.

and what exactly do teh Montreal Canadiens have to do with the New Jersey Devils having a new arena and possibly a new look?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care what they don't do to their uniforms, the New Jersey Devils will never be the Montreal Canadiens. They are a bunch of goons in a swamp.

and what exactly do teh Montreal Canadiens have to do with the New Jersey Devils having a new arena and possibly a new look?

People claim that they're trying to follow in the footsteps of the Habs by valuing what precious little history they have.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's not a bad looking arena there. It's nice to see the Devils finally leave that dump known as the Meadowlands.

But, one has to wonder: How safe would it be to build an arena in a city that's notorious with violence in the streets? Also, wouldn't this kinda, sorta, encroach on Philly's turf?

That's not a bad looking arena there. It's nice to see the Devils finally leave that dump known as the Meadowlands.

But, one has to wonder: How safe would it be to build an arena in a city that's notorious with violence in the streets? Also, wouldn't this kinda, sorta, encroach on Philly's turf?

Philly's turf? It's 12 miles away from the meadowlands and still is across the river from NYC. The arena will be next to Newark Penn Station which goes to Now York Penn Station (MSG).

On game day the area will be filled with cops I doubt there will be serious violante crime near the arena. It will be like going to a Yankee Game in the Bronx.

People claim that they're trying to follow in the footsteps of the Habs by valuing what precious little history they have.

I don't see them following anyone's steps, they seem to be doing fairly well for themselves in creating their own identity. and what is wrong with valuing what they have? Three Stanley Cups is a hell of alot more than half the teams in the league can claim. Hell, half the teams in the NHL haven't even been to the Stanley Cup finals three times

Dear New Jersey Devils:

Please wear your original red-and-green threads once or twice a year so I can finally buy a replica sweater. Otherwise, good show, carry on.

Regards,

Sodboy13

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have gone to Newark Bears Games there are no problems there what so ever. And Im still holding out hope the Nets deal in Brooklyn falls apart and the Nets end up in Newark too the Newark arena is already going to be home for Seton Hall.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Newark's a good 80-85 miles north of Philadelphia. It's not Philly's turf. And for what it's worth, the Devils spent their first season in New Jersey 12 miles outside Philadelphia, at the Cherry Hill Ice Arena.

The Philadelphia/New York breakpoint is roughly I-195 across the midsection of the state.

And an arena that's in a violent city? No big deal. Not only did the Flyers/76ers think about moving to Camden (even more violent, even more notorious... yeah, we know), but the Tigers and Lions built stadia in Detroit. Throw enough police in the area, and it'd be OK.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 6 months later...

I'm bumping this topic because I know a lot of people here are interested in stadium/arena design and the Devils released today what the inside of the arena will look like.

One thing to note is that these are pictures of a model not rederings. As such part of the roof and other side of the upperdeck were cut out in order to view the arena. They will not be having a retractable roof (I read on other boards more than one people asking that). Also they are not changing the logo to red, white, and blue I don't know why it's like that on the ice.

http://newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/fanzo...rior/index.html

VitaminD, I don't think the Devils played in Cherry Hill ever. I believe they moved to NJ a year after the current arena opened. I think you are thinking of the WHA team.

So the Devils will be dropping black for blue in 2007...

Nice looking arena there.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

No they won't I guess that was a mistake by whoever made the model. Everything else on it is red, black, and white. I seriously doubt the Devils would change to the same scheme as the rival Rangers.

I have gone to Newark Bears Games there are no problems there what so ever. And Im still holding out hope the Nets deal in Brooklyn falls apart and the Nets end up in Newark too the Newark arena is already going to be home for Seton Hall.

why wouldn't the Devils and Nets just build the arena togther.

Different owners. The nets were bought buy a guy whose buisness is real estate. He wants to build arena a sale the real estate around the new arena in Brooklyn. The Devils were bought buy by someone who was a long time season ticket holder and then was a minority partner in the previous ownership. He wants to keep them in the state of New Jersey. Originally when the Newark Arena talks first began both teams were owned by the same group and it was supposed to be for both of them. The original talks fell through and bith teams were sold off. The Devils renewed the talks for the new arena and ultimitaly got it done to where it is know being built. If Brooklyn fall through the Devils have invited the NEts to be a tenant in the new arena. It's doubtful though if they accept because the new lease would probably be like their current one where they would get only revenue from ticket sales. With this new arena the Devils get almost all the revenue from all events held in the arena.

Wow its beautiful dont be shocked if the Brooklyn thing falls apart and the Nets end up in Newark too, this arena in the meantime will be used by Seton Hall too and that will help rebuild their program. I can see it from where I work and the steal is now visable from the ground.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Different owners. The nets were bought buy a guy whose buisness is real estate. He wants to build arena a sale the real estate around the new arena in Brooklyn. The Devils were bought buy by someone who was a long time season ticket holder and then was a minority partner in the previous ownership. He wants to keep them in the state of New Jersey. Originally when the Newark Arena talks first began both teams were owned by the same group and it was supposed to be for both of them. The original talks fell through and bith teams were sold off. The Devils renewed the talks for the new arena and ultimitaly got it done to where it is know being built. If Brooklyn fall through the Devils have invited the NEts to be a tenant in the new arena. It's doubtful though if they accept because the new lease would probably be like their current one where they would get only revenue from ticket sales. With this new arena the Devils get almost all the revenue from all events held in the arena.

There are lots of examples of two teams using the same arena but owned by different people. Example Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks. I would think that the Devils owner wouldn't mind saving some money and going 50/50 on the cost of the arena with the Nets owner.

There are lots of examples of two teams using the same arena but owned by different people. Example Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks. I would think that the Devils owner wouldn't mind saving some money and going 50/50 on the cost of the arena with the Nets owner.

Like I said its different owners with different interest. The Nets owner is a Brooklyn Real Estate developer he wants to build a new arena in Brooklyn in order to raise the value of the property around that he will sell. For him a new arena isn't about a new home for a basketball team he only bought the team so he could get the arena built. Building the Arena in Newark does him nothing.

As for the Devils Arena most of the money to build it is coming from Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the land that Newark Airport is on. That money was given for the of redevelopment and can only be used on redevelopment projects such as this. The rest of the money used comes from the Devils.

Like I said its different owners with different interest. The Nets owner is a Brooklyn Real Estate developer he wants to build a new arena in Brooklyn in order to raise the value of the property around that he will sell. For him a new arena isn't about a new home for a basketball team he only bought the team so he could get the arena built. Building the Arena in Newark does him nothing.

Didn't you just write that?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Didn't you just write that?

Yes but maybe writing it twice will help get the point of why the 2 teams are building 2 arenas across.

Archived