Always wondered....

Brass

If you mean SF Giants, you might want to ask remered, he's a fan of Boston and SF.

As is Swiss.

I think you may begin to see a lot of Giants fans starting to like Boston as well. I only say that because of Boston's recent aquisition of J.T. Snow who was a HUGE fan favorite in San Fran.

I think Swiss is a Giants fan who lives in the Boston area, so that may explain why he likes those two

Actually, I think he lives in another country. I want to say a South American country, but I'm not sure.

I believe he lives in Argentina, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I saw, I came, I left.

My roommate is a big Sox fan and a big Giants fan. Figure that one out.

NY Giants or SF Giants?

I meant the New York Giants. Baseball season is fine, because we can agree on the Red Sox. But when football season comes around, I just want to strangle him with all of his pro-Giants propoganda talk.

How about anyone who lives in Southern Connecticut?

Then they would be a Yankees fan and a a Giants or Jets fan. Maybe if your from the Hartford area you might have split fandom.

Basically, when you live In Connecticut, you have a choice between any New York teams and any New England teams. I mean, where is it a rule that you can't like either of the teams? To think that because you live in a certain area means that you have to root for a certain team is just ignorant in my mind. There are so many things that are involved: Where you are from, what teams your parents may root for, where you live, what team your favorite player is on. I'm a Red Sox fan, but I like the Jets and Mets. I'm also a Steelers and Pirates fan. I'm born/kinda raised in Connecticut and had cousins who were Sox fans who always gave me Sox stuff when I was young, my dad is from Pittsburgh so I decided to follow the Pittsburgh teams. I root for the Lions since Dan Orlovsky is a backup quarterback there. There are so many things that can decide which team you root for.

And I also believe that calling anyone who is a Yankees fan or a Patriots fan or any fan of a decent team a bandwagoner without knowing if they truely are is just crap. I've met many Yankees fans who actually have knowledge of the team before 1996 and rooted for them before that. So a few of the teams someone roots for go on a winning streak, doesn't make them automatic bandwagoners.

My dad's favorite teams are Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Yankees, and Boston Celtics (he doesn't like hockey) and have been since the early 60's. My brother's favorite teams are San Francisco 49ers, New York Yankees, Portland TrailBlazers, and Vancouver Canucks and have been since the early 80's. My favorite teams are San Diego Chargers, San Francisco Giants, and Pittsburgh Penguins (I don't like basketball) and have been since the late 70's...

So I have no problem with people rooting for teams from different locales. I don't see why anyone should have to root for a team just because they live there...

My roommate is a big Sox fan and a big Giants fan. Figure that one out.

NY Giants or SF Giants?

There were a lot of NY Giants fans around Boston in the 80's because of a few local players, Joe Morris and Mark Bavaro. The Patriots were horrible and hardly ever on TV, so they showed mostly Giants games in this area.

If you mean SF Giants, you might want to ask remered, he's a fan of Boston and SF.

Not quite.

I follow the Patriots and have done since starting watching NFL in 1985.

My baseball team is now Seattle Mariners, as I lived in Vancouver and they were my 'local' team.

Canucks are my hockey team for the same reason.

Though I didn't really follow baseball at all, (no coverage in Aus back then) I would have said Red Sox were my baseball team before moving to North America.

And the only reason was the Pats and Sox go together.

If you follow one, you therefore follow the other.

But I do have a soft spot for the SF Giants as my son plays for the Giants in domestic league, and they're his team. But he's 11, what does he know?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I just do my best to make crap out of all Yankees/ NE Patriots fans as I can... then they come back with "Yeah, well the Cubs suck!" and "Yeah, well the Bears suck!" And then I ask "what else is new?"-- people generally around Chicagoland don't have an effect towards such comments. Many seasons I agree with them.

Archived