Another Devil Rays Name Change Thread

bosox

For what it's worth, there's a town near the Tampa/St. Pete area called "Tarpon Springs." What does that look like at first glance to you?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been one of the few to actually visit the Tropicana Dome last year (it is the most depressing place I've ever witnessed a professional sporting event) I can share that most of the items in the overpriced (even by MLB standards) mdse used only "Rays". They seemed to already be in the process of eliminating the Devil. I say go with Rays and change the color scheme. Rays works fine for me.

Bring back the Whale!

"such as plans for a huge touch tank of live rays on the right-centerfield patio."

Anyone see possible dangers in this? Imagine someone hitting a long driving hit that hit the sweet spot of the bat, and shattering the tank of the live rays, stinging any nearby spectators, with shards of glass flying. :P

1. I believe the patio is on the concourse, they are just saying right-center patio to give a sense of location.

1. You do realize that they clip off the stinger on a stingray with a toenail clipper and the ray is unable to re-grow it.

They'd probably use some form of shatterproof glass, too....

Spectators is a plural word. When are there multiple spectators at Rays' games (when the place isn't crawling with Yankee fans, I mean)? So one guy catches some stray glass.

:lol:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If I may make one suggestion for new uniforms...

Pinstripes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Move the team to the spring training site. Then you got something rolling.... :P

They would probably play in front of a full house then.

I'd go to more games then if they played at Al Lang/Florida Power Park.

But, the best baseball venue in the whole Tampa Bay area, including Legends Field, is Bright House Field in Clearwater, home of the Phillies Spring Training and the A FSL Threshers.

But, the best baseball venue in the whole Tampa Bay area, including Legends Field, is Bright House Field in Clearwater, home of the Phillies Spring Training and the A FSL Threshers.

You are very correct in this statement. I actually work for this stadium/team. I work in the box office selling tickets to Phillies Spring Training and Clearwater Threshers games.

Having been one of the few to actually visit the Tropicana Dome last year (it is the most depressing place I've ever witnessed a professional sporting event) I can share that most of the items in the overpriced (even by MLB standards) mdse used only "Rays". They seemed to already be in the process of eliminating the Devil. I say go with Rays and change the color scheme. Rays works fine for me.

My family used to live in Tampa, so I've seen a few Rays games. They've been calling themselves Rays in the Trop and the local media for a few years now. I think the last game I saw was in 2002, so they've been a little schizophrenic about their whole identity for a while now.

Now only if anyone else actually cared about the franchise.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anyone else having flashbacks to...

...JUNIOR HIGH??????

:rolleyes:

:D

You mean the days when you have fun and no-one called you immature?

Because you were.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

What's the point of being an adult if you can't voluntarily enjoy behaving like a kid every now and again?

CLICK*

(BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD MODE ACTIVATED)

"Uhh Hey Beavis, check it out, Ummm this team from Tampa Bay..I think it says "Tampons" on their jerseys....uhh huhuhuhuh"

"Whoa...yeah heh heh heh Tampax Tampons heh heh heh"

"And they're playing the Yankees....huhuhuhhuh"

"Yankee the Tampons hehehheheheheheh"

"Uhhuuh..you said "yank"...huhuhuh..."tampon"...huhuhuh next week they're playing the "Reds"

"Heheheheheh Uhuhhuhuuuh Hehhhehheh"

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

It will be hilarious if they switch to "Rays" meaning sun and they keep playing in a dank dome on a puke green carpet.

:D

EDIT: Oh, my God!!! Post No. 666 (which happens to be my home telephone exchange :P )!!! :devil:

procter.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Off topic -- iamthedorf, is your sig the O's 40-man roster?  Who the hell are Brandon Fahey, Ryan Keefer and Marino Salas?  I suddenly feel clueless.

Yes it is. But you will never be as clueless as the O's Front Office...

Anywho, what about these:

Tampa Bay Breeze

Tampa Bay RipCurrents

Tampa Bay RoughRiders (historical reference - look it up)

Tampa Bay Sharks

Tampa Bay SurfRiders

Tampa Bay Thunder (they play in what used to be the ThunderDome, and the name is currently being used by a men's lacrosse team - just buy it)

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Off topic -- iamthedorf, is your sig the O's 40-man roster?  Who the hell are Brandon Fahey, Ryan Keefer and Marino Salas?  I suddenly feel clueless.

Yes it is. But you will never be as clueless as the O's Front Office...

I agree with you. I just don't know whether to laugh or cry. How's this? :P:mad:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Is there any MLB rule keeping them from changing their name from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to St. Petersburg Whatevers? It seems like it'd be really good for the franchise to start over from scratch with new uniforms, new logos, and a new name. I can't think of a more hapless franchise in the last 20 years of MLB, including the unfortunate Montreal Expos.

hey maybe work out a marketing deal with the Bucs and bring back history.............. The Tampa Bay Bandits :D:P

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

hey maybe work out a marketing deal with the Bucs and bring back history.............. The Tampa Bay Bandits :D  :P

Do you think Steve Spurrier would leave S. Carolina to manage? His results couldn't be worse than anyone else's so far. :P

Archived