Fixing the last 10 yards

OB33

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*stands there dumbfounded*

the second to last Patriots...the third Titans...the Maryland flag Ravens...Texans #s 3, 4, 10 and 11...that first Jets...I know one thing, los Tejanos need to use that tenth endzone at least once.

all in all, I see before me the work of someone who decided to open up a can of crazyade :D heh, what I'm about to say might only make sense to me (or it might not) but heh, there are times when outside-the-box thinking involves fitting said thoughts inside a different box. examples of which, fellow Creamerites, we see here. and as my homeboy Chuck used to shout out at practice, I LOVE IT! B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

TEXANS: 2nd set, 3rd one. A lot of these concepts are great and super-creative. But too many of them are red/blue dependent and don't have enough white in them. While I don't like white endzones (and I'm glad you didn't use them here), some white lettering would sharpen up a lot of these, since red text on blue, or vice versa, can be difficult/distracting to read sometimes.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not a new set yet, just an add to the Texans. I took Vitamin D's suggestion and changed the wordmarks to white in some of the endzones. I think it came out pretty good.

texans3a0bs.gif

texans4a3zv.gif

texans7a4zq.gif

texans8a6dt.gif

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

That's exactly what I was talking about. Much easier on the eyes, and it really worked out well. I'd use any of the 4 you posted above.

And I'm with 'Scrim... the Colts end zone with the random hoofprints is my favorite. Supercreative without being obvious.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

chief9a9pj.gif

chief107nu.gif

chief115cr.gif

I know, the last two use a lot of black, but I obviously couldn't use white and I didn't want to use the same colors from 7-9 so I went with black.

C&C

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

All of these are superb. You're actually making the endzones, colorful and lively, instead of all the plain crap we have today. I love the Jacksonville one with the toung as the 'V' (the one that still has the partial Jaguar head in it). All of these are excellent, can't wait to see the rest.

RAIDERS: #7 (cropped offset logo, large team wordmark, silver on black). Perfection.

CHIEFS: still waiting for the one I am going to like the best. I dunno, but it seems there's a lot of recolorizing the logo, which doesn't do much for me. White arrowhead, red monogram works just fine; a little gold forthe wordmark, and some black trim, and it could work without resorting to revolutionizing what iconic marks they have now.

2007nleastchamps.png

• 2 months later...

Part 2, Since the Chargers don't have a wide variety of logos to offer I went to much loved/hated set with the powder blues and used some inspiration from the Padres for the last endzone.

chargers40ew.png

chargers51xq.png

chargers6a8ub.png

chargers89kn.png

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I apologize for the poor leopard printing, if i was better with the clone stamp it wouldn't look so bad.

jag88du.gif

C&C

Big pimpin'!

Looks like Barry White's bedroom... now if they could only make velvet artificial turf...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

funny note about teh Bolts, they actually do have a couple other logos-the alternate bolt they used on one endzone in what I like to call the "Arizona Chargers" game, and an updated horse/shield logo...usable versions are very hard to track down, though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived