My second illustrator redo

GMac

I told you i was redoing a logo I made for my floor hockey team... and here it is... Jive Turkeyz is an inside joke... bascically a group of us went to a party as a gang of rappers known as the Jive Turkeyz (I was 2mac, there was also Busta Kracka, DJ Honkey, Funkmasta Sparks, Slim Shiny...lol) and we all played hockey together so it became our team name...

with out further ado... I give you the Jive Turkeyz... im still messing with the Illustrator logo is some one can give me tips on colours that would be nice... like how do i add depth with out black... i hope thats not in the TFAQ or I'll look stupid...lol

turkeyz.gif

*EDIT*... i guess gif format sucks for teh original but u get the point...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

agreed. Now it just looks like a fedora.

Bigger brim, purple hat, make the white stripe on the hat yellow. Leopard print would be preferable, but that's hard to do in a small space.  Oh, and instead of a cross for the necklace, how about a giant dollar sign?

I think thats supposed to be "JT" on that bling-bling

That it is... i may use a font and blend it in, instead of hand drawing it... bigger hat you say

www.pifflespodcast.com

yeah and i knew what i was doing when i made that one...lol

illustrator is new to me... im looking for a jedi of illustarator so I can be a padawan... the force is strong just needs direction

:D  :laugh:

www.pifflespodcast.com

like how do i add depth with out black...

use the same color values with increased black.  example: your orange beak (c0/m100/y60/k0) to have a blended look shadow add the black to the orange values (now c0/m100/y60/k40).  play around with it untill you get the right look.  i like to switch the pallette around when doing this to CMYK, then you can keep your design in RGB by going to filters>convert to RGB to see the RGB values.  it's easier to understand using the CMYK sliders.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Of course the illustrator version is cleaner, and just overall, more appealing, but i think you have way too many colors going on here.

What was echoed above, stronger shadows would be an easy remedy, as long as limiting the color scheme. i think i counted 7, not including black and white.  Maybe try to work in thicker weights with the strokes, and you have yourself a badass logo.

taj... u my friend are a digging machine...lol... thats 2 topics in a matter of minutes...lol... yeah I have fixed my illustrator version I just been lazy and havent posted it...i may get around to it eventually... lol

www.pifflespodcast.com

• LMU locked this topic

Archived