NBA Alts Making No Sense

kmw_29

Forgive me if this has been addressed before...

I was watching Sports Center, and they showed the Mavs in their alt jerseys. To my knowledge, they are not throwbacks. They use green and blue like the old uniforms, but the current uniforms and identity don't feature any green. I've also heard that P-Diddy created them. I guess the question I have to all of the above is "why"?

I also wondered why the Kings HORRENDOUS new alts have gold in them when gold isn't even featured in their team colors.

What gives? Do teams just decide that they want a totally different look even though the league probably wouldn't let them change their identities?

I heard the Kings may be switching....something, either logos or colors. The Mavs I think works, the script is different, but hey, same with the kings. Alts are getting stupid, youre right about that. This doesnt answer anything, and I think thats all youll get as replys.

There's actually a new Kings secondary logo as well - I'm not sure it has been "officially" unveiled yet though - and also includes the color Red (along with Gold, Purple, Silver and Black).

I'll check around and see if it's safe to post it yet...

Design aside, the Mavs' alts are at least in the team's former colors.

They really don't bother me all that much -- like Sacramento's do.

One of the many things that bothers me about the Mavericks' alternates - besides the crappy design - is the fact (and here's a shock) that the shades of Green and Blue aren't the same as the older jerseys. They're completely different.

I never like the Mavs Alt. Didn't P.Diddy or Puff Daddy designed them?

P.Diddy did not design the current Mavs alternates. He designed the metallic silver ones from a couple years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There are very few alternates that make sense. Things are kind of getting outta hand. The Nuggets, Celtics, and the Kings all introdced alt's this year that really weren't necessary. The Pistons and Cav's alt's are fine but they're nothing special in my opinion. From what I understand teams are able to introduce a 3rd jersey in their 3rd year after changing their logos. That means the Grizzlies and Jazz are able to have alt's next year. Bleh.

Are the Heat going to wear the red alts this year?? Or are they just stickin' with the Floridians jerseys as the alt? The red jerseys are great, and if not the best, close to it.

And Orlando really needs to add a black alternate once they are done bringing out the vintage jersey alts.

I never like the Mavs Alt.  Didn't P.Diddy or Puff Daddy designed them?

P.Diddy did not design the current Mavs alternates. He designed the metallic silver ones from a couple years ago.

actually he did design the 70s-ish greenies. the garbage bags were the Mavs' own idea colored horribly wrong.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I never like the Mavs Alt.  Didn't P.Diddy or Puff Daddy designed them?

actually he did design the 70s-ish greenies. the garbage bags were the Mavs' own idea colored horribly wrong.

Huh. I thought it was the other way around...but apparently not.

Huh. I thought it was the other way around...but apparently not.

Sorry WSU, those ugly green jerseys are P Diddy's. I went to that Mavs/Bucks game Monday night. They aren't as bad looking in person, but I still loathe them.

Chris

I think the Cavs did a swell job: A secondary team color, plus the barberpole striping that gives a shout out to the past.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm no big fan of the Mavericks horse/moon logo and jerseys. I think the blue/green Diddy jerseys look terrific and I also think Mark Cuban should be commended for reaching out to someone like that. I'm sure it helps him in the free agent market.

I'd be perfectly satisified to see the Mavs switch to the alts full time and ditch the forgettable blue/white/black uniforms they use now. Kelly green and royal blue are terrific colors for a professional team, and they're sorely underrepresented. Navy, white and black? Boring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's just "Diddy."

He's just "Diddy"now? Did a formal name changing ceremony/press conference like he did when he became P. Diddy?

Yes. Yes he did.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived