NBA Alts Making No Sense

kmw_29

Are the Heat going to wear the red alts this year?? Or are they just stickin' with the Floridians jerseys as the alt? The red jerseys are great, and if not the best, close to it.

And Orlando really needs to add a black alternate once they are done bringing out the vintage jersey alts.

I'm not sure. I'd like to see them wear red because that's probably my favorite, but seeing how they haven't worn them upto this point it doesn't look good. I think they are infact sticking with their Floridians uni's as their alt. I hope I'm wrong though.

There are very few alternates that make sense. Things are kind of getting outta hand. The Nuggets, Celtics, and the Kings all introdced alt's this year that really weren't necessary. The Pistons and Cav's alt's are fine but they're nothing special in my opinion. From what I understand teams are able to introduce a 3rd jersey in their 3rd year after changing their logos. That means the Grizzlies and Jazz are able to have alt's next year. Bleh.

I actually kinda like the Nuggets alts. Mainly because they're not too over the top. I would rather have them fix that horrible logo of theirs. I hate the "Nuggets" type, not to mention that the light blue and yellow vibrate like crazy off of eachother.

I also do like the Mavs alts. The should redo their logo (again!) and switch to the green and blue that they use in their alts. I don't mind their current unis, but they now look too similar to the Grizz and the Jazz. At least the Mavs have a potentially cool color scheme in their history with the green and blue. Perhaps a kelly green and navy blue. Maybe they could go with the Hartford Whalers color scheme, mixing in some silver.

Are the Heat going to wear the red alts this year??  Or are they just stickin' with the Floridians jerseys as the alt?  The red jerseys are great, and if not the best, close to it. 

And Orlando really needs to add a black alternate once they are done bringing out the vintage jersey alts.

I'm not sure. I'd like to see them wear red because that's probably my favorite, but seeing how they haven't worn them upto this point it doesn't look good. I think they are infact sticking with their Floridians uni's as their alt. I hope I'm wrong though.

I like the red too, but they need to find a new material - the dazzle red looks good until they start sweating, and then the uniforms look horrible!

That ridiculous font used in the Mavs' alt is what kills me.

That's funny. That's what I like so much about it. So many sports fonts are agressive and "edgy." It's nice to see the Mavs be a bit laid back about it all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Are the Heat going to wear the red alts this year??  Or are they just stickin' with the Floridians jerseys as the alt?  The red jerseys are great, and if not the best, close to it. 

I like the red too, but they need to find a new material - the dazzle red looks good until they start sweating, and then the uniforms look horrible!

I agree. I've thought that ever since they started wearing those uni's back in the 1999-2000 season.

As for the Mavericks, their look isn't bad. The logo is, blah, and their uni's are FINE. Personally I'd like to see them use these...

It's the best picture I could fine. I own the jersey myself. Maybe I'll be able to post a better picture of it later...

mavericks.jpg

As for the Mavericks, their look isn't bad. The logo is, blah, and their uni's are FINE. Personally I'd like to see them use these...

It's the best picture I could fine. I own the jersey myself. Maybe I'll be able to post a better picture of it later...

mavericks.jpg

What in the heck ARE those things?

Inaccurate throwbacks combined with new colors???

mavericks.jpg

What in the heck ARE those things?

Inaccurate throwbacks combined with new colors???

I reckon that it's what the kids call a "style jersey"

I reckon that it's what the kids call a "style jersey"

Yeah those navy jerseys are "style", or "fashion" jerseys. Developed by Nike, and the line is called Nike Rewind. "Throwback" design in current colors. Nuggets had their axe jersey in the colors of light blue, royal, and yellow.

I think they came out in '03-04.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The NBA is so bathed in throwbacks, alternates, etc, etc that they might as well just put four or five different options out there every night and let the players just choose one on a whim.

Wait a minute, the Mets already stole that idea......

Bring back the Whale!

With regards to the Heat alts., I'm assuming they're only in disuse for the time being, while the whole Floridians throwback thing is still going on. If you look on the NBA Store site, the red alts all have "05-06" in their description. So they're still around. Maybe they'll use them later in the season, after the All-Star break or something.

Archived