Super Bowl XLI

swelch1976

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Roman numerals are starting to look silly.  They really should just go with Super Bowl 41.

Tradition, i guess.

Though it will look silly 10 years from now when they have SUPER BOWL L.

yeah, right.

What about 59?

LMAO

That will be the best Super Bowl ever.

The Roman numerals are starting to look silly.  They really should just go with Super Bowl 41.

Tradition, i guess.

yeah, right.

What about 59?

LIX, i think.

oh, i get it.

LIX when said normally is pronounced like licks.

oBIgzrL.png

Tradition, i guess.

yeah, right.

No worse than SB V or SB X. Plus, someone's taking a fat "L" at the end of the game, so it's fitting. Sorta. I guess. *shrugs*

And guess what (could) follow SB LIX? SB XXX XXX. I know they won't, but they could. What's worse than rated hardcore? Double Hardcore!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

From the research I've done watching videos, surfing the web about the subject, I believe the late great Pete Rozelle was the one who had the idea of using Roman numerals for the Super Bowl games, to signify the "merger" between the AFL and NFL. He wanted Roman Numerals because he felt that football players were like gladiators from the Roman times, playing in coliseums, etc, and felt adding the Roman numerals gave it more of that "feel" if you will.

Regards,

Bill McD.

For Miami I think this year they should do it all in Spanish! Hehe...instead of the Super Bowl it will be the Tazón de fuente Estupendo! Of course some moron will then say on TV...ESTUPIDO instead of ESTUPENDO turning the Super Bowl into the Stupid Bowl. :P

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Tradition, i guess.

yeah, right.

And guess what (could) follow SB LIX? SB XXX XXX. I know they won't, but they could.

Why would it? Super Bowl 60 would be SB LX. 70 would be Super Bowl LXX, and so forth. XXXXXX makes absolutely no sense.

For Super Bowl LIX they could get those unemployed Panthers cheerleaders for a halftime show.

Oh wait, that will be in 19 years..... maybe not.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

The Roman Numeral thing is just a display of the pomposity of the NFL. They think it makes it look more important. Well, I have news for them, the Super Bowl is about as big as it gets anyway, and doing away withthe stupid roman numeral thing would have no effect on that whatsoever.

Tradition, i guess.

yeah, right.

And guess what (could) follow SB LIX? SB XXX XXX. I know they won't, but they could.

Why would it? Super Bowl 60 would be SB LX. 70 would be Super Bowl LXX, and so forth. XXXXXX makes absolutely no sense.

No foolin'. And had you not truncated my entire quote to suit your needs, you'd see that the next sentence explained that "XXX XXX" was a joke reference to "triple X times 2", and would never be used by any sane person for Super Bowl LX. It was continuing the immature snickering over the 59th Super Bowl being Super Bowl LIX.

Feel better now? :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Tradition, i guess.

yeah, right.

No worse than SB V or SB X. Plus, someone's taking a fat "L" at the end of the game, so it's fitting. Sorta. I guess. *shrugs*

And guess what (could) follow SB LIX? SB XXX XXX. I know they won't, but they could. What's worse than rated hardcore? Double Hardcore!

The Roman Numerals may be silly at times, but it'll be a lot better when SB 69 comes up.

I love how the XL letters are almost identical to this years logo. <_< The pylon reference is clever, but it's really distracting since its not the same persepctive of the other letters. the red shadow is so much larger, it just makes it look bad. There haven't been very many bad Super Bowl logos in recent history, so I hope that's not it. Even if they're not that well conceived, they're usually rendered and designed very well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived