Super Bowl XLI

swelch1976

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than this years effort.

For me, maybe the worst SB logo ever (along with XXIX)

--

Just a quick note about how much the forum here rules. I spent ages (well about 20 minutes) searching for both that logo and images of this years superbowl field art and I should've known where to look.

1) For everyone saying "Get Rid of the Roman Numerals!"... Stop.

2) This year logo is not a bad logo, it fits the venue, and is NO WAY nearly as bad as XXIX.

3) I hate you. :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm going out on a limb here and will say...

No chance thats the XLI logo. Its sloppy, awkward, and cheezy. That football looks like death, and the sun blast star is microsoft clip art. The words 'super bowl' across it with stars is the single least inspired thing in a SB logo since the first 5 years of logos.

Not the real logo.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

For Miami I think this year they should do it all in Spanish! Hehe...instead of the Super Bowl it will be the Tazón de fuente Estupendo! Of course some moron will then say on TV...ESTUPIDO instead of ESTUPENDO turning the Super Bowl into the Stupid Bowl. :P

Some moron will say incorrectly huh? Its "Super Tazon" nothin else

bucstexans.jpg

Rather uninspired and disappointing for a Super Bowl logo. I understand the Detroit references in this year's logo. What says Miami (or "South Florida") in this? The star burst? I always liked the location references in the logos.

Maybe make the I a pylon and add a palm tree on top or something at least. I guess the pylon idea is nice, but its not enough for me.

It can't possibly be real.

The star/SUPER BOWL/star thing is a direct ripoff of XL. And it looks so plain and unoriginal compared with other SB logos.

I think that the star/Super Bowl/star thing is going to be a tradition for upcoming Super Bowl logos. And I don't mind it one bit.

oakqb4.jpg

hmmm if you go to the main site and check out the logos for SBs I-XII, XIII-XVIII, XIX-XXIX, XXX-XXIX, just by themselves as those seperate groups they all seem to share similar qualities a sorta tradition per decade if you will, maybe the whole star thing is the things for the 40s as slickster said

bucstexans.jpg

It's not THAT bad, people.  Think back to SB31, 37 and 39 ...

I think 31 and 37 are fantastic. 31, with those colors, you automatically know it's New Orleans. And 37 is very easy to look at with those beach colors. The absolute worst are 26 and 29 (of the last fifteen years).

And looking at all the logos, to echo what YodAa said, it's interesting to see how much yellow/gold has become a staple in the Super Bowl logo since SB 27. SBs 34, 36, and 40 (and maybe 41) are the only ones since SB 27 that have not had some yellow hue in them. For a good 15 or so years before SB 27, it was mainly red/navy or royal/white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived