Red Wings Black?

jkrdevil

Allow me to put this to rest for what is without a doubt a LARGE majority of SSUR-ers with ANY sense of tradition and a concept of what is truly right and wrong with sports uniforms.

:cursing:

The day the wings hit the ice with colors other than red and white will in fact be the 7th sign of the apocalypse and the person that designs those jerseys will be thrown into a lake of burning hell after being beaten in the groin with a cricket bat to assure that they NEVER reproduce thier evil kind. Their wife will be prostitued for quarters and their children sent to Neverland Ranch wearing peek-a-boo speedo swimshorts.

There are some things that are beyond change. Wings jerseys being two of them.

BroncosSig.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allow me to put this to rest for what is without a doubt a LARGE majority of SSUR-ers with ANY sense of tradition and a concept of what is truly right and wrong with sports uniforms.

:cursing:

The day the wings hit the ice with colors other than red and white will in fact be the 7th sign of the apocalypse and the person that designs those jerseys will be thrown into a lake of burning hell after being beaten in the groin with a cricket bat to assure that they NEVER reproduce thier evil kind. Their wife will be prostitued for quarters and their children sent to Neverland Ranch wearing peek-a-boo speedo swimshorts.

There are some things that are beyond change. Wings jerseys being two of them.

:lol:

The old saying holds true: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Black belongs on Red Wings jerseys as much as orange and aquamarine belong on Montreal Canadiens unis.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

The old saying holds true: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Black belongs on Red Wings jerseys as much as orange and aquamarine belong on Montreal Canadiens unis.

SHHH!!!

Don't give them any ideas! :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN Story

Noting that in 1927, when known as the Detroit Falcons, the franchise had both red and black striping, the Red Wings have announced their new uniforms will contain black accents.

"The history of this franchise is very important to us, as are the fan?s desires." said owner Mike Ilitch. "We feel the fan want to see a more modern look. With Detroit?s Lions adding black with such great success recently, I thought it was only natural to bring the same look to the Red Wings."

Reebok designers worked with the Red Wings to bring a fresh look to the new style form-fitting jerseys. ?The fan?s reception to the black practice jerseys was so overwhelmingly positive, we capitalized on that for the new design of the game jerseys.?

The jerseys are said to closely resemble the current practice jerseys, as Reebok has stated most NHL teams? new jerseys will, but with black cuffs and collar and black panels under the white gusset inserts.

The new Red Wings home jersey will be red, and will feature a mid-weight ULTRAFIL polyester construction, as well as double layered shoulders, black interlock neck trim, reinforced stitching on the shoulders and armholes, with black cuffs and white polyester mesh gusset inserts for better ventilation. Below the gussets, the jersey will be black. The flying wheel chest crest will feature a black drop shadow, and the jersey will have black player numbers under the white player name. Piping across the shoulders will be reflective white.

The new jersey, to be released after the Stanley Cup finals, will be available for purchase for fans who want to get a step ahead of the 2006-2007 season.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Just add a hint of black, perhaps more silver for detail. Shoot, dare I say add purple for the playoffs! Make them feel the octopi power.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

ESPN Story

Noting that in 1927, when known as the Detroit Falcons, the franchise had both red and black striping, the Red Wings have announced their new uniforms will contain black accents.

As a rabid Avs fan, please let me be the first to say:

Ha ha!

Failing to note the black accents on the Avs jerseys? :P

Can't wait to see the changes... a shame they didn't go with silver instead

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

ESPN Story

As a rabid Avs fan, please let me be the first to say:

Ha ha!

Failing to note the black accents on the Avs jerseys? :P

Can't wait to see the changes... a shame they didn't go with silver instead

Not at all.

I just think it's fun that the most sanctimonious group of hockey fans will have to endure this "sacriledge" and that their oh-so-holy tradition is being tarnished.

I image a great many of them will lose sleep over this.

But, for the record, I think the black accents may very well make their unis look less like a bloody wound dressing.

I'm not liking the sound of the reflective materials...but I cant wait till they mention the new Leafs jersey...which I will say now I will snatch up the SECOND it comes out...but the authentic version of course....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Chris, you confirming this black then?

I just e-mailed my buddy with the Sharks, who is in charge of their website. He has access to the NHL's media site. This is CONFIRMED. Black will be used in their uniform scheme next season. He doesn't quite know where. If anything watch for an updated version of the logo.

It's the end of the hockey world as we know it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Chris, you confirming this black then?

I just e-mailed my buddy with the Sharks, who is in charge of their website. He has access to the NHL's media site. This is CONFIRMED. Black will be used in their uniform scheme next season. He doesn't quite know where. If anything watch for an updated version of the logo.

It's the end of the hockey world as we know it.

No, the end of hockey will be if the Leafs win the Stanley Cup in the next 5 years...hell...it would signal the end of the world!

I'm a big fan of hockey jerseys and logos, one of the main reasons I like hockey so much is because of it, but I am willing to give these jerseys a chance...I mean... as much as I would like it to go the way of the Cooper-als, I'm willing to give it a chance...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Sounds like Reebok just wrecked one of the best jerseys in the NHL.

BLACK DOES NOT BELONG ON A RED WINGS JERSEY!

And they're on their way to wrecking an other one. I've heard a lot of rumours that they're changing Montreal's red sweaters.

On a positive note, I've heard the Leafs will remain classic in style.

[Obi Wan Kenobi]It was like I heard millions voices crying out in terror and were suddenly silenced...Something terrible has happened [/Obi Wan Kenobi]

I think I just heard the screams of agony from Michigan over this...way to just plop all over tradition in the search for $$$, Bettman...GOOD FLUFFING JOB!

A pox on your firstborn, RBK :cursing: ...especially if you :censored: with the Habs and Rangers sweaters....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived