Red Wings Black?

jkrdevil

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are teh hockey gods when we actually need them?

Seriousl, if they start messing around with the teams like this, lets organize a rebellion. Some things you just don't mess around with. The Red Wings are one of them

I'd be PISSED to see them touch the habs...they have remained the same for most of their existance...and I'm sure there will be HELL to pay if it is change. The Richard riot will be nothing in comparison to the hell that will be unleashed if the blue, white and red are messed with. The leafs, I'm not too worried about, as long as they dont add black or another colour I'll be happy and keep either the existing crest or use one of the older ones.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm surprised Reebok hasn't asked the Wings and Habs to change Gordie Howe and Maurice Richard's numbers from 9 to 40 and 56.

That's the best line I've read here in a while.

It's a shame they're adding black, but I do have to admit to thinking some of the black alts did look pretty sharp.

I was talking to a freind of mine that works in the pro shop at the ice rink were I play. He showed me a folder that RBK had sent him that contained the jersey designs for the 06-07 All Star game, as well as a layout that featured all the teams' logos. The teams that were due for a change next season didn't have a logo pictured, but instead has a big red TBA.

Listed as changing logos for next season:

Anahaiem

Boston

Buffalo

Washington

*The layout also said that all the new logos would be designed by RBK.

Surrprisingly the Red Wings logo was marked as one of the logos that would remain the same next season. So at least the black won't make it onto the logo.

As for the All Star jerseys, think similar to the jersey design from 2002-2003, only on the from fitting template.

East is black with silver, white and red striping on the cuffs and shoulder yoke. The new Eastern Conference logo is the primary crest, while the Eastern "E/shield" alt logo is placed on the shoulders.

West is white with blue, black, and silver on the cuffs and yoke. The primary Western Conference logo is the primary, with the "W/shield" logo is pused on teh shoulders.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe. The teams them selves have to sign off on the final designs, so if anything changes, bitch out the teams front office, not Reebok. This isn't like Nike dumping millions on colleges to peddle their :censored:.

And as a Red Wings fan, I'm actually looking forward to the new jerseys. I have always loved the Wings white sweater, buy have always hated the red sweater because it looks like a big bloody bandage. Illich is a is a life long Wings fan, so I seriously doubt that he is going to do anything crazy.

Plus this is the same guy that gave the Tigers one of the best overhauls in recent memory.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe. The teams them selves have to sign off on the final designs, so if anything changes, bitch out the teams front office, not Reebok.

No, it's the NHL that has a deal with RBK. Since the NHL signed with RBK, the teams have to use whatever RBK decides to dress them in. The teams will get little to no say in their final jersey designs.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe. The teams them selves have to sign off on the final designs, so if anything changes, bitch out the teams front office, not Reebok.

No, it's the NHL that has a deal with RBK. Since the NHL signed with RBK, the teams have to use whatever RBK decides to dress them in. The teams will get little to no say in their final jersey designs.

Did the NHL actually sign with Reebok. I thought Reebok got the NHL after they bought out The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho)?

Anyway your right teams have little say in how they look. I don't know why that is because these will become the team's brand and will be reflective of them not reebok.

How are the Red Wings determining the success that the Lions have had since adding black? On the field, they've gone from bad to worse (yet Matt Millen has a job... go figure), and for everyone who likes the black, I see 2 or 3 who hate it. It's not made the Lions a Top 5 merchandising team, at least I don't think so.

This almost guarantees a Black Wings alt in the next 5 years.

Even worse than screwing with one of the all-time classic sweaters, is the realization that there aren't really any teams that can point to tradition as a means to defend themselves against Reebok. If they can mess with the Wings, no team is safe.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

How are the Red Wings determining the success that the Lions have had since adding black? On the field, they've gone from bad to worse (yet Matt Millen has a job... go figure), and for everyone who likes the black, I see 2 or 3 who hate it. It's not made the Lions a Top 5 merchandising team, at least I don't think so.

This almost guarantees a Black Wings alt in the next 5 years.

Even worse than screwing with one of the all-time classic sweaters, is the realization that there aren't really any teams that can point to tradition as a means to defend themselves against Reebok. If they can mess with the Wings, no team is safe.

I don't know, I've seen a lot more Lions jerseys since they went to the black.

I still say everyone needs to wait and see what the new Red Wings jerseys look like before you bash it. I remember a few years ago when the Lansing Lugnuts came out. The media leaked the name before the team planned and everyone hated it, but then the team came out with the logos and mascot and everyone ended up loving it.

And if they do suck, then Wings jersey sales will tank and you can bet Illich is going to bitch out Reebok...

And who knows, the tight-fit jerseys might just be a fad. Anyone remember the pullover baseball uniforms?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

ESPN Story

Noting that in 1927, when known as the Detroit Falcons, the franchise had both red and black striping, the Red Wings have announced their new uniforms will contain black accents.

"The history of this franchise is very important to us, as are the fan?s desires." said owner Mike Ilitch. "We feel the fan want to see a more modern look. With Detroit?s Lions adding black with such great success recently, I thought it was only natural to bring the same look to the Red Wings."

Reebok designers worked with the Red Wings to bring a fresh look to the new style form-fitting jerseys. ?The fan?s reception to the black practice jerseys was so overwhelmingly positive, we capitalized on that for the new design of the game jerseys.?

The jerseys are said to closely resemble the current practice jerseys, as Reebok has stated most NHL teams? new jerseys will, but with black cuffs and collar and black panels under the white gusset inserts.

The new Red Wings home jersey will be red, and will feature a mid-weight ULTRAFIL polyester construction, as well as double layered shoulders, black interlock neck trim, reinforced stitching on the shoulders and armholes, with black cuffs and white polyester mesh gusset inserts for better ventilation. Below the gussets, the jersey will be black. The flying wheel chest crest will feature a black drop shadow, and the jersey will have black player numbers under the white player name. Piping across the shoulders will be reflective white.

The new jersey, to be released after the Stanley Cup finals, will be available for purchase for fans who want to get a step ahead of the 2006-2007 season.

This link doesn't work. Is it from ESPN, the AP, a Detroit paper, what? Who else has this story?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Good for Detroit! The Wings need a major overhaul anyways. Those jerseys are way too plain and out of style.

Too bad ESPN has to make this info for Insider members only <_< ... my only question is why it's under MLB Insider and not NHL. :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

This link doesn't work. Is it from ESPN, the AP, a Detroit paper, what? Who else has this story?

Looks like they've put the story behind the Insider iron curtain.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, it's official: The Hockey Gods have decided to punish the Red Wings and their ridiculously free spending before the new NHL, and rebuke them for the rest of their time. The end has come for the Red Wings.

Well, it's official: The Hockey Gods have decided to punish the Red Wings and their ridiculously free spending before the new NHL, and rebuke them for the rest of their time. The end has come for the Red Wings.

Right...because they won the Stanley Cup every year...

Wait, didn't they go 42 years without winning the Cup and were referred to as the "Dead Wings"?

Looks like they've put the story behind the Insider iron curtain.

Yeah, now it sends me to the subscription screen. I just wanted to get a dateline/byline. Usually ESPN Insider stuff is at least on some out of the way place elsewhere online, but I didn't see anything on detnews.com, freep.com, the official Red Wings site, or even some fan forums.

1zgyd8w.jpg

am i the only one who's freakin' pissed that the bruins are supposedly getting a new logo, too?

No you're not. What worries me about that is that they just updated the Spoked B in 95-96. They did a good job with the logo then but I can't see how they update it further without it messing up the tradition.

am i the only one who's freakin' pissed that the bruins are supposedly getting a new logo, too?

No you're not. What worries me about that is that they just updated the Spoked B in 95-96. They did a good job with the logo then but I can't see how they update it further without it messing up the tradition.

absolutely no doubt in my mind it's going to be some kind of cartoonishly angry and aggressive bear head.

Archived