Red Wings Black?

jkrdevil

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cursing: you RBK... I won't buy one of these period.... MY NHL?? A big ol :cursing: you Bettman... this troll has singlehandedly destroyed this game and now is just gonna use RBK to pee all over it's grave...

Time to take hockey back to the pond and back to the fans at the low end because the NHL we all knew and loved, the teams we knew and loved, are going to die a very horrible and slow death here! :cry: This AIN'T MY NHL!

Well, it's official: The Hockey Gods have decided to punish the Red Wings and their ridiculously free spending before the new NHL, and rebuke them for the rest of their time. The end has come for the Red Wings.

Right...because they won the Stanley Cup every year...

Wait, didn't they go 42 years without winning the Cup and were referred to as the "Dead Wings"?

And let's not forget, they were the ONLY team in the league that spent money. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Remember when the Islanders "freshened up" their unis in 1994-95, and the negative response that got worse and worse until the Isles changed their jerseys/logo back to the old style? I imagine that the response would be much, much worse in Montreal and Detroit if Reebok destroys their unis.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I'm gonna wait to see the jerseys, but I really hope the dont do much to any jersey, yet I know that some of the jerseys I love will be messed with by Reebok. I got to thinking about how I wouldnt mind some black on a red wings alt jersey that is mainly red and white with an accent color of black. Some people have done up Detroit Falcon jerseys as 3rds with some black and I like them, but Id rather the leave the home and away as they are.

I got to looking at red wings hats on shop.nhl.com and I was amazed at the amount of black hats and stitching that are on them. I know its hard to only use two colors especially on some of the hats they have, but I was still shocked at how much black was used over all. Just my two cents.

SEAsig.png

am i the only one who's freakin' pissed that the bruins are supposedly getting a new logo, too?

No you're not. What worries me about that is that they just updated the Spoked B in 95-96. They did a good job with the logo then but I can't see how they update it further without it messing up the tradition.

absolutely no doubt in my mind it's going to be some kind of cartoonishly angry and aggressive bear head.

It'd be awesome if it was some sort of bizarre Picasso meets Bjork style bear.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe. The teams them selves have to sign off on the final designs, so if anything changes, bitch out the teams front office, not Reebok.

No, it's the NHL that has a deal with RBK. Since the NHL signed with RBK, the teams have to use whatever RBK decides to dress them in. The teams will get little to no say in their final jersey designs.

If anything, teams, even the players do get the final say in what they dress in. In the mid 90's, before the Blues were singin them, and back when Iron Mike was coachin them, they had new alternates they were supposed to wear, and well, no one tells Iron Mike what to do. He refused to dress the team in the monstrosities, and they never made an appearence. If the players dont like the jerseys, I'm sure they could pull the same kind of thing, with the risk of a fine, but I'm sure they'd take it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What pisses me off about all this is where are the traditional teams with clout telling the NHL/Reebok to go fly a kite (to use a G-rated term)? You just know if Nike told Major League Baseball "hey we want all the teams to wear argyle DRI-FIT next year", at the very least George Steinbrenner and the Yankees would tell them to get bent and "over my dead body" and some other good stuff.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I'm waiting for all teams to have a black alt--I predict that will happen one day--well, except for the teams that already have a black primary--they should have teal alts...

(Just givng them bad ideas)

I hope that doesn't happen, but after the CFL redesign fiasco--I wouldn't put anything past them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't think a lot of the changes are going to be as drastic as people are thinking. Maybe it's just foolish optimism. I would think that black would be added as an accent to the red wings uniforms, and that they would still look pretty much the same. As for the Bruins, the wheel design has undergone several minor changes over the years. It is most likely that there will just be another minor change to the logo itself, and probably major changes to the striping on the uniforms.

Not even Reebok would think to change Montreal's jerseys much, other than to fit their classic look to whatever new template they are using for the new jerseys. Maybe the logo will be slightly larger or smaller, the stripes moved slightly, or something else to fit with the stitching on the jersey. Other than that, I would be shocked to see Reebok do anything major to the Canadiens jerseys. That would just be too stupid, even for them.

As for the rest of the NHL, other than the three or four teams that actually want to change their looks, I think there will be minor changes to fit current looks to the new jerseys, but only things that geeks like us will notice.

In my mind, it's not really about money, not directly. It's about catching the eye of the average American, trying to widen the fan base. The NHL needs new fans to stay afloat. I just hope this actually works. I'd hate to see them change the Red Wings jerseys for nothing.

(of course, I could be wrong. I really hope not, but it's happened before)

nhl94vansigpng.png

In my mind, it's not really about money, not directly. It's about catching the eye of the average American, trying to widen the fan base. The NHL needs new fans to stay afloat. I just hope this actually works. I'd hate to see them change the Red Wings jerseys for nothing.

Piss on new fans. The NHL can never and will never be more than a regional, niche sport in the US and the sooner they realize this, the better. They should worry about keeping their hardcore fans in hockey hotbeds instead of screwing up the game in order to attract casual fans who won't consider the game any more than a change of pace or curiosity. For every new fan they attract with crap like shootouts and weird jerseys, they will alienate many more traditional fans who have always loved the sport.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The NHL can never and will never be more than a regional, niche sport in the US and the sooner they realize this, the better.

I was all ready to disagree with you, then I realized you're probably right. Things that are Canadian don't translate well for the most part. That goes for Canadian music, Canadian comedy, and probably for hockey, as well.

I was going to tell you that I never lived in a hockey town, but loved hockey from the first time I saw it, and became a fan after watching the Canucks beat the Maple Leafs in overtime in game seven of the Cup semi-finals the year they lost ot the Rangers (I don't remember off hand if it was 93 or 94). Then I realized that I also love Barnaked Ladies, Kids in the Hall, SCTV, and have been known to get all jazzed up for Curling during the Winter Olympics.

So I guess I'm just lucky enough to be part of the niche they should be marketing to.

But I do think the shootout is pretty awesome. They should have done away with tie games a long time ago. When I lived in Seattle, going to a game in Vancouver was hugely expensive and time consuming. Now I live in the middle of Virginia, and going to a Hurricanes game even more expensive and time consuming. I've been lucky that I haven't had to go through all that just to see a game end in a tie. I would feel totally ripped off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

I think these things will be effective in getting more people to notice hockey in the US. And the more people notice, the better chance of them seeing the one really good game that makes them become fans.

Besides, people like you will still watch hockey no matter what they do to it, and the NHL knows that. There's no incentive to keep you interested. The attendance figures after the lockout is all the proof they need.

nhl94vansigpng.png

The NHL can never and will never be more than a regional, niche sport in the US and the sooner they realize this, the better.

I was all ready to disagree with you, then I realized you're probably right. Things that are Canadian don't translate well for the most part. That goes for Canadian music, Canadian comedy, and probably for hockey, as well.

I was going to tell you that I never lived in a hockey town, but loved hockey from the first time I saw it, and became a fan after watching the Canucks beat the Maple Leafs in overtime in game seven of the Cup semi-finals the year they lost ot the Rangers (I don't remember off hand if it was 93 or 94). Then I realized that I also love Barnaked Ladies, Kids in the Hall, SCTV, and have been known to get all jazzed up for Curling during the Winter Olympics.

So I guess I'm just lucky enough to be part of the niche they should be marketing to.

But I do think the shootout is pretty awesome. They should have done away with tie games a long time ago. When I lived in Seattle, going to a game in Vancouver was hugely expensive and time consuming. Now I live in the middle of Virginia, and going to a Hurricanes game even more expensive and time consuming. I've been lucky that I haven't had to go through all that just to see a game end in a tie. I would feel totally ripped off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

I think these things will be effective in getting more people to notice hockey in the US. And the more people notice, the better chance of them seeing the one really good game that makes them become fans.

Besides, people like you will still watch hockey no matter what they do to it, and the NHL knows that. There's no incentive to keep you interested. The attendance figures after the lockout is all the proof they need.

You forgot about anything British, I mean, who else has to translate British books into "American" so the general public wont have to mull over what a "Philosopher" is? What about British TV and comedy, there has to be an American "Coupling" and "The Office" because they dont make sense in their original form. Looks like much doesnt translate well in the USA, execpt for anything Japanese, because you know your cool when you sit around eating Sushi and watching dubbed Dragonball Z.

The only Canadian things that do well down south is Degrassi: The Next Generation, and Jim Carey. I can't name anything else Canadian that people south of the boardering states would know.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The only Canadian things that do well down south is Degrassi: The Next Generation, and Jim Carey. I can't name anything else Canadian that people south of the boardering states would know.

Pamela Anderson

Michael J. Fox

Molson Beer

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I forgave them for the lockout because while it sucked the league needed it. I will not forgive them for something stupidly unnecessary like changing every team's jersey. I desperately hope that there is a large-scale boycott of the new merchandise, especially in places like Montreal and Toronto.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Pamela Anderson

Michael J. Fox

Molson Beer

Bryan Adams

Kids in the Hall

Bacon

Terrance and Phillip

I don't think RBK has the final say in anything. I know they have an extensive approval process that involves their big wigs, the league's big wigs, and the team's big wigs. Its not just RBK shoving things down your throats.

shoving things down your throats.

Paging Mr. Lamicus. Mr Lamicus to the Red Wings thread, please.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived